MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

bh5354
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/01/11
Send PM

iMAME4all: clrmame.dat - What the deal with this file???
#247649 - 03/01/11 06:34 AM

Hi all,

Newbie here, or should I say oldie. MAME is now up to version 0.130 something, I was ever up to version 0.70 something.

Anyway, I did have a full set of roms back in 'my day', and it still runs fine with mame32p (MAME GUI version that runs on windows).

Now that I have a iphone, it has renewed my interest in MAME. I installed IMAME4ALL for Iphone, then uploaded some roms, then when starting... it fails :'(

For example, for Street Fighter 2 (sf2.zip), it complains that I am missing "SF2_28b.rom not found", etc.

Reading some more on google and imame4all forums, it says something about I need to get new clrmame.dat file, and I need to refresh my roms.

I know my roms works fine within my PC MAME, so why do I need to refresh them/restructure them again just because it runs on Iphone MAME?

To fix my issue:
a) Do I really need to refresh all my roms? All 6000+ of them? It will take me hours via clrmamepro!
b) Can I just get a clrmame.dat file that suits my collection of existing roms?
c) Any one got Street Fighter 2 working on imame4all (iphone)? Instruction would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
bh5354

Roman
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

Re: iMAME4all: clrmame.dat - What the deal with this file??? new [Re: bh5354]
#247664 - 03/01/11 10:25 AM

1) herer is not the clrmame forum (here it is: http://www.emulab.it/forum/index.php?board=6.0)
2) Generally, you don't need a dat for MAME to be used in clrmame, you can simply use your mame binary to get the needed data from. For IMAME4ALL you most propably need one since you won't be able to extract the data from it via -listxml ...and most likely IMAME4ALL does not share the same romsets as the latest mame build. So you need to find out which sets are supported by it.
3) no, you don't need to do a full rebuild, scan with all check/fix options enabled and add the missing stuff (that can be done with the rebuilder though)
4) generally I'd suggest to follow clrmamepro tutorials....

bh5354
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/01/11
Send PM

Re: iMAME4all: clrmame.dat - What the deal with this file??? new [Re: Roman]
#247737 - 03/02/11 12:28 AM

Thanks Roman,

a) Sorry, didn't know forum etiquette. I'll ask in other forums next.
b) I've read clrmamepro... Either their instructions are too hard, or I'm too dumb. clrmamepro forums does tell me to refresh all roms (*.zip files)
c) To save time, I did try to recompile/refresh sf2.zip only. clrmamepro ended up with 2 zip files?!? Copied them into my Iphone, didn't work

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

#247777 - 03/02/11 08:44 AM

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this page has the clrmame dat for iMAME4all 1.6.1
I don't know if that helps you or not.

http://code.google.com/p/imame4all/sourc...all/clrmame.dat

Also, digging through the source, it appears that this version is based (at least partially) on MAME 0.37 BETA 5...

http://code.google.com/p/imame4all/source/browse/tags/iMAME4all1.6.1/src/version.cpp

Though the source tree has references to MESS and other things from modern MAME builds, so who the hell really knows.

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

Roman
Regular
Send PM

#247779 - 03/02/11 08:59 AM

where does the forum tell you to refresh all files?

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#247809 - 03/02/11 06:14 PM

I believe there is a forum for MAME4ALL and you would be better served there. MAME4ALL is a fork of a 10 year old version of MAME and has nothing in common with MAME as currently developed by MAMEdev.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: iMAME4all: clrmame.dat - What the deal with this file??? new [Re: krick]
#247810 - 03/02/11 06:17 PM

> Also, digging through the source, it appears that this version is based (at least
> partially) on MAME 0.37 BETA 5...
>
> Though the source tree has references to MESS and other things from modern MAME
> builds, so who the hell really knows.

It's 0.37 BETA 5 with desirable-to-kiddies modern drivers backported. MAMEdev naturally wants nothing to do with it.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 374 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 10593