View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

supwicha
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/24/11
Send PM

Noob (sort of) question
#247308 - 02/24/11 05:50 AM

I have been running an older version of MAMEUI (1.22) for some time now. I am attempting to upgrade to the newest version but when launching, it automatically launches "pac-man" or a similar game. When I escape out of the game, it the game terminates, and re-launches. It is an endless loop that I cannot get out of. I must use the task manager and end the MAME process to get it to stop. I'm running Win 7 64-bit. Thanks for any help.

Lando242
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/27/06
Send PM

Re: Noob (sort of) question new [Re: supwicha]
#247334 - 02/24/11 02:35 PM

Make sure when changing versions that you just don't extract the new version over the old ones folders, that can cause problems. Always do a fresh install somewhere and then only copy over folders that you need, like ROMs, Samples, etc. Try that out and get back to us if you are still having problems.

Lando242

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Noob (sort of) question new [Re: Lando242]
#247336 - 02/24/11 03:09 PM

> Make sure when changing versions that you just don't extract the new version over the
> old ones folders, that can cause problems. Always do a fresh install somewhere and
> then only copy over folders that you need, like ROMs, Samples, etc. Try that out and
> get back to us if you are still having problems.

Sounds like he has a gamepad plugged in and it's sitting such that one of the buttons is pressed or something. Or a wonky keyboard.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 190 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1552