MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Sez
Queen High Slapper
Reged: 12/14/03
Loc: Sydney, Australia
Send PM

For Gatinho and TriggerFin...
#247307 - 02/24/11 05:46 AM

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/collectibles/e7fa/

Why won't anyone listen to ninjakid - he's being serial!

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Gah! The world is broken! new [Re: Sez]
#247309 - 02/24/11 06:03 AM

Thanks for the magnet link... dang... another $20 spent

Your post made me check my server (I been too busy to play as of late) which made me also realize the new patch for Minecraft broke all their servers' worlds! WORSE, they didn't allow servers to patch themselves to be compatible. Damn you Notch, and your game so cool we put up with your bugs!

No fear Triggerfin et al, your hard work and rail station are not lost! I think I can fix it! I can't do it now, I need my pc, which is at work. From there I think I've figured out a way to patch the old world to work with the new version of Minecraft.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Gah! The world is broken! new [Re: GatKong]
#247312 - 02/24/11 06:43 AM

> Thanks for the magnet link... dang... another $20 spent
>
> Your post made me check my server (I been too busy to play as of late) which made me
> also realize the new patch for Minecraft broke all their servers' worlds! WORSE, they
> didn't allow servers to patch themselves to be compatible. Damn you Notch, and your
> game so cool we put up with your bugs!
>
> No fear Triggerfin et al, your hard work and rail station are not lost! I think I can
> fix it! I can't do it now, I need my pc, which is at work. From there I think I've
> figured out a way to patch the old world to work with the new version of Minecraft.

Notch and company really need to step it up. I spent a frustrating hour trying to play single player today and crashing every ten minutes or so. This "release a patch and break the whole world" routine is getting tiring. It's not a freebie hobby project anymore, they really need to invest in some professional QA.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Gah! The world is broken! new [Re: DMala]
#247353 - 02/24/11 06:14 PM

> > Thanks for the magnet link... dang... another $20 spent
> >
> > Your post made me check my server (I been too busy to play as of late) which made
> me
> > also realize the new patch for Minecraft broke all their servers' worlds! WORSE,
> they
> > didn't allow servers to patch themselves to be compatible. Damn you Notch, and your
> > game so cool we put up with your bugs!
> >
> > No fear Triggerfin et al, your hard work and rail station are not lost! I think I
> can
> > fix it! I can't do it now, I need my pc, which is at work. From there I think I've
> > figured out a way to patch the old world to work with the new version of Minecraft.
>
>
> Notch and company really need to step it up. I spent a frustrating hour trying to
> play single player today and crashing every ten minutes or so. This "release a patch
> and break the whole world" routine is getting tiring. It's not a freebie hobby
> project anymore, they really need to invest in some professional QA.

Personally, I don't care if the whole thing is wiped out, it would let us start again in a fresh world. I do that with single player after any update that makes a significant change to the world anyway.

World-affecting changes this time:
SMP lapis now drops multiple gems, as it should.
Sandstone is found naturally under most sand.

Nothing huge, but I opted for a fresh start in SSP anyway.

Not sure, but it looks like mob pathfinding has been tweaked a bit, as a creeper that was after me was walking in small loops on my glass ceiling rather than spinning in place.

There is now a built-in whitelist you can set up to keep uninvited guests away.

Everything seems to be fine here as far as stability goes. Dug a hole, planted some trees and wheat, built a cloud+ tower with a bedroom (bed in room) at the top, extending a wall from the side of it. Got killed in a cave, realized my home was to far from spawn to be seen, but found it after a few minutes of wandering.

Just waiting for a server to play on.

CrapBoardSoftware
My real name is banned dickhead
Reged: 01/03/06
Loc: Wisconsin
Send PM

Re: For Gatinho and TriggerFin... new [Re: Sez]
#247356 - 02/24/11 06:50 PM

> http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/collectibles/e7fa/

...do they offer texture pack variants as well?

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Re: Gah! The world is broken! new [Re: TriggerFin]
#247357 - 02/24/11 07:06 PM

>Personally, I don't care if the whole thing is wiped out, it would let us start again in a fresh world.

Well, if everyone agrees, I could just fire up a new world. Y'all put alot of work in the server, so I didn't want to just write all that work off, but if you guys want to start from scratch... let's get er done.

I'll back up the old world in case anyone wants it, you can put it in your worlds folder and still play on it in single player.

Dmala, JermeyMTC, et al, you guys agree? New world?

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Send PM

Re: Gah! The world is broken! new [Re: GatKong]
#247360 - 02/24/11 07:17 PM

> > Personally, I don't care if the whole thing is wiped out, it would let us start
> again in a fresh world.
>
> Well, if everyone agrees, I could just fire up a new world. Y'all put alot of work in
> the server, so I didn't want to just write all that work off, but if you guys want to
> start from scratch... let's get er done.
>
> I'll back up the old world in case anyone wants it, you can put it in your worlds
> folder and still play on it in single player.
>
> Dmala, JermeyMTC, et al, you guys agree? New world?

It's fine with me, but I haven't put in nearly as much work as some of the other guys.

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Calimammy
Send PM

Re: Gah! The world is broken! new [Re: DMala]
#247394 - 02/25/11 04:02 AM

> > > Personally, I don't care if the whole thing is wiped out, it would let us start
> > again in a fresh world.
> >
> > Well, if everyone agrees, I could just fire up a new world. Y'all put alot of work
> in
> > the server, so I didn't want to just write all that work off, but if you guys want
> to
> > start from scratch... let's get er done.
> >
> > I'll back up the old world in case anyone wants it, you can put it in your worlds
> > folder and still play on it in single player.
> >
> > Dmala, JermeyMTC, et al, you guys agree? New world?
>
> It's fine with me, but I haven't put in nearly as much work as some of the other
> guys.

Fine here too

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Yah! The world is Fixed new [Re: jeremymtc]
#247406 - 02/25/11 08:16 AM Attachment: 2011-02-25_00.03.40.png 580 KB (0 downloads)

The new 1.3 patch server is up and running. I also did manage to patch the old world to be compatible... but looks like consensus is go with a new world. The old world I can send to any who want it... still fun to putter around on. Too big to attach. Edit: See next reply, the old world is attached.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Edited by Gatinho (02/25/11 08:26 AM)

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Old world new [Re: GatKong]
#247407 - 02/25/11 08:22 AM Attachment: Oldworld.zip 27940 KB (7 downloads)

Whadayaknow... it fits afterall. Enjoy.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Old world new [Re: GatKong]
#247416 - 02/25/11 03:53 PM

...There were files in that zip folder. I'm not sure how we who are without MineCraft are supposed to know what to do with those things.

LEVEL-4

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Re: Old world new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#247417 - 02/25/11 04:44 PM

>I'm not sure how we who are without MineCraft are supposed to know what to do with those things.

Well, be gettin' it then! You'll regret it in a fun way... addictive it is.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

#247420 - 02/25/11 05:37 PM

> Whadayaknow... it fits afterall. Enjoy.

I'm not sure what got me more impressed, the big automated railroad system or the painful amount of time it should have got to get all that iron. It's an insult you need 6 iron ingots (and a stick) for only 16 tracks.

For those who don't know what to do with the world, just extract Oldworld folder into your %appdata%\.minecraft\saves directory. Oldworld\players folder is unnecessary in single player mode, so you may as well delete it.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Old world new [Re: BIOS-D]
#247452 - 02/26/11 07:31 AM

The last of that rail system was just finished.

I redesigned the N2 station to use a single door booster to send carts both ways within a day of the update. I should probably download it so don't forget how I did the crossover.

It didn't work very well in SMP, though. Lag tended to have you going over a given section several times.

Was planning to extend it to the new castle.

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Loc: Britland
Send PM

#247462 - 02/26/11 02:47 PM

> Well, be gettin' it then! You'll regret it in a fun way... addictive it is.

Does it make everyone who plays it talk like Yoda?

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Re: Old world new [Re: TriggerFin]
#247472 - 02/26/11 06:40 PM

I walked around the old world today. Almost kind of sad, like it's an abandoned ghost town now, all our creations, caverns, and half-completed projects.

I started Minecraft on that world, even has my original mine. All the memories *sniff*

One thing I noticed is all our infinite fires are out. No more fire places, or bon fires. Must be in the update that wood consumes now. We'll have to have lava fire places now :0)

Edit: 26 Feb 11 Minecraft.net is offline, here's some news i found on a forum

Quote:

they're all sitting on the plane to the US to attend the GDC and noone's left to take care of this

Looks like it will be down for some time. I'll adjust our server so it doesn't require a verification with minecraft.net before letting you on.

Edited by Gatinho (02/26/11 06:50 PM)

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Send PM

#247475 - 02/26/11 07:15 PM

> One thing I noticed is all our infinite fires are out. No more fire places, or bon
> fires. Must be in the update that wood consumes now. We'll have to have lava fire
> places now :0)

Actually, I believe netherrack still burns indefinitely.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Old world new [Re: DMala]
#247482 - 02/26/11 10:58 PM

It does, but it, like other Nether-based things, aren't available unless we cheat.

I guess we can excuse any Op-spawned Nether materials once someone manages to build a portal near spawn... but maybe we should charge for them.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 802 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2297