MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Utimate Electronics banckrupt..
#246175 - 02/10/11 02:40 AM

If anyone has gift cards, I would go use them tonight!

http://www.lvrj.com/business/ultimate-el...79.html?ref=579

I hope they turn one of them in my area into Fry's Electronics.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: Utimate Electronics banckrupt.. new [Re: redk9258]
#246183 - 02/10/11 03:14 AM

> If anyone has gift cards, I would go use them tonight!
>
> http://www.lvrj.com/business/ultimate-el...79.html?ref=579
>
> I hope they turn one of them in my area into Fry's Electronics.

I'm soooo off the Frys bandwagon. I'm disappointed every time I go there. The deals are never that great anymore, their component stock is usually "one" of each item, and the staff isn't that knowledgeable anymore. It's like they made some mutant hybrid of Radio Shack and Best Buys business plans.

"We're all out of DDR3, but can I interest you in a cell phone instead? How about a dishwasher with a TV in it?"

redk9258
Regular
Send PM

Re: Utimate Electronics banckrupt.. new [Re: italie]
#246190 - 02/10/11 03:38 AM

> I'm soooo off the Frys bandwagon. I'm disappointed every time I go there. The deals
> are never that great anymore, their component stock is usually "one" of each item,
> and the staff isn't that knowledgeable anymore. It's like they made some mutant
> hybrid of Radio Shack and Best Buys business plans.
>
> "We're all out of DDR3, but can I interest you in a cell phone instead? How about a
> dishwasher with a TV in it?"

That's too bad. I've never been in one of their stores but always wanted to go in one. I have bought stuff from them online though.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

#246212 - 02/10/11 07:44 AM

> > If anyone has gift cards, I would go use them tonight!
> >
> >
> http://www.lvrj.com/business/ultimate-el...79.html?ref=579
> >
> > I hope they turn one of them in my area into Fry's Electronics.
>
> I'm soooo off the Frys bandwagon. I'm disappointed every time I go there. The deals
> are never that great anymore, their component stock is usually "one" of each item,
> and the staff isn't that knowledgeable anymore. It's like they made some mutant
>
> "We're all out of DDR3, but can I interest you in a cell phone instead? How about a

The local MicroCenter is still pwning

- Stiletto

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#246213 - 02/10/11 08:07 AM

I've never heard of UE but it must be huge if he wants a Fry's to move in. I had one close when I was in Oregon and it was great. Not because of the staff though and I could find slightly better deals online even then, but the fact that you go drive there and get whatever the hell computer parts you needed at a good price and be back home with it later that day made it extremely nice to have around. You have your C drive die on you and it's suddenly a lot less painful, you can see what a monitor will look like, build a computer for a friend without having to do internet research, etc. I liked it. It beat the shit out of any other computer store I've ever been to. Made Best Buy look like McDonald's. I don't need a knowledgeable staff really.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: Utimate Electronics banckrupt.. new [Re: Stiletto]
#246215 - 02/10/11 08:15 AM

> The local MicroCenter is still pwning
>
> - Stiletto

Lord I miss the microcenter in Denver. The one out here isn't the same....

CrapBoardSoftware
My real name is banned dickhead
Reged: 01/03/06
Loc: Wisconsin
Send PM

#246218 - 02/10/11 08:47 AM

>

...which describes my experiences in the US neatly. BestBuy was especially awful - like what, only 5 projectors (one of each) in a huuuge store? no prices or tech data on them, boxes locked in, no one there had knowledge but they had to check their own webshop for providing infos, and 2 of the boxes were even from models that they did not even had anymore but the successor.

I think it's because you guys order everything online. Which i do here also, but sometimes you have to shop either visually or right NOW. But then why all the huge malls and store space? Staples is the same shit.

Gosh, i started to like again Germany's MediaMarkt / Saturn etc. after all that...

redk9258
Regular
Send PM

#246254 - 02/10/11 08:43 PM

Well, at least there is a Micro Center 30 minutes from me. Most parts have good prices, but some stuff (software) is higher than a giraffe's balls.

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

Re: Utimate Electronics banckrupt.. new [Re: redk9258]
#246702 - 02/16/11 06:42 AM

> Most parts have good prices, but some stuff (software) is higher than a giraffe's balls.

Bin quote.

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 881 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1998