MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

What was with all the American propaganda before the Super Bowl?
#245986 - 02/07/11 04:12 PM

I like football and all, and I know that a lot of other countries tune in for the super bowl but what does the declaration of independence have to do with football? Then to go on and on about how the steel workers "built this nation", and the Acme Packers were true Americans and just some of the sappiest "rah rah rah America!" stuff I've seen in a long time.

IT'S JUST A FOOTBALL GAME. They're just football players, and they're playing for money, not freedom.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: What was with all the American propaganda before the Super Bowl? new [Re: Hizzout]
#245994 - 02/07/11 06:43 PM

> I like football and all, and I know that a lot of other countries tune in for the
> super bowl but what does the declaration of independence have to do with football?
> Then to go on and on about how the steel workers "built this nation", and the Acme
> Packers were true Americans and just some of the sappiest "rah rah rah America!"
> stuff I've seen in a long time.
>
> IT'S JUST A FOOTBALL GAME. They're just football players, and they're playing for
> money, not freedom.

Because it's in the NFL's financial interest to conflate Super Bowl Sunday (tm) with a national holiday as much as possible.

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: What was with all the American propaganda before the Super Bowl? new [Re: Hizzout]
#245996 - 02/07/11 07:22 PM

Why does football last so damned lllloooooonnnnnggggggg? I say don't stop the clock during the quarter at all. Three minutes between quarters would be OK.

Hizzout
Send PM

Re: What was with all the American propaganda before the Super Bowl? new [Re: redk9258]
#245997 - 02/07/11 07:37 PM

A football game is typically shorter than a baseball game which has no clock at all. You have to invest a whole afternoon to watch one baseball game.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: What was with all the American propaganda before the Super Bowl? new [Re: redk9258]
#245998 - 02/07/11 07:51 PM

> Why does football last so damned lllloooooonnnnnggggggg? I say don't stop the clock
> during the quarter at all. Three minutes between quarters would be OK.

No time outs for play because that would leave less time to gain more points over the opposing team which would allow that many more players to escape the field when the b.. eh, time is up. (yeah, I'm censoring myself since I don't want some f-tard feds come knocking on my door )

Also, they should do away with huddles and have mics and headsets in the helmets, and all teammates get their directions/plays this way. They can adjust in real time... It could make for some confusion, but the more chaos - the more fun. And just like the dialog between the drivers and pit crew (or whatever) in Nascar - all conversations could be broadcasted (maybe over loud speaker). The other team can also tune in to the other team's frequency - if they can find it. So it should be constantly changed. Oh yeah, also have tazers underneath the players' gear that can go of at any time and at varying intensities.

I could go on and on....

Among other things; A multi-team mascot cage fight to the death above the stadium. Dismembered costume parts raining down onto the field every few minutes for the players to pick up and use as weapons to fend off randomly released wild jungle animals. That would rock.

LEVEL-4

JWJr
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/15/04
Send PM

The game was on Fox, and they wholesale that flag-waving tripe. [nt] new [Re: Hizzout]
#246005 - 02/07/11 08:36 PM

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: What was with all the American propaganda before the Super Bowl? new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#246007 - 02/07/11 08:52 PM

> Among other things; A multi-team mascot cage fight to the death above the stadium.
> Dismembered costume parts raining down onto the field every few minutes for the
> players to pick up and use as weapons to fend off randomly released wild jungle
> animals. That would rock.

I might be able to stay focused on that! Good idea, you should sell it to NFL!

CrapBoardSoftware
My real name is banned dickhead
Reged: 01/03/06
Loc: Wisconsin
Send PM

#246009 - 02/07/11 09:22 PM

So i read in the Washington Post this could be the last superbowl?

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Even the mighty Leicester City got in on the pre-Super Bowl hype new [Re: Hizzout]
#246021 - 02/07/11 11:08 PM

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~2285290,00.html

When introduced to the cheerleaders, Sven was quoted as saying, "Yes, yes, yes, no, yes, yes, already did, no, already did, yes."

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Fox News or the Regular Fox Network/Broadcasting? [nt] new [Re: JWJr]
#246026 - 02/08/11 12:00 AM

See one is over here, and the other is over there. Keeping the country divided.

LEVEL-4

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

tripe? new [Re: JWJr]
#246048 - 02/08/11 06:36 AM

stomache lining?

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

DR
Skeptical Linkbot
Reged: 04/05/07
Loc: UK
Send PM

#246114 - 02/09/11 04:15 PM

> Why does football last so damned lllloooooonnnnnggggggg?

Thats what the rest of the world want to know.

There is no sin except stupidity.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: What was with all the American propaganda before the Super Bowl? new [Re: DR]
#246143 - 02/09/11 09:23 PM

> > Why does football last so damned lllloooooonnnnnggggggg?
>
> Thats what the rest of the world want to know.

Amen. Though living in a country there are two national soccer championships per year, I can't complain.

keshbach1
Reged: 08/26/05
Send PM

#246144 - 02/09/11 09:39 PM

> I like football and all, and I know that a lot of other countries tune in for the
> super bowl but what does the declaration of independence have to do with football?
> Then to go on and on about how the steel workers "built this nation", and the Acme
> Packers were true Americans and just some of the sappiest "rah rah rah America!"
> stuff I've seen in a long time.
>
> IT'S JUST A FOOTBALL GAME. They're just football players, and they're playing for
> money, not freedom.

Rupert Murdoch just wants to rub in all non-USA countries how much superior we are?

Kevin Eshbach

igamabob
Mixed Nut
Loc: Ohio
Send PM

Re: What was with all the American propaganda before the Super Bowl? new [Re: keshbach1]
#246206 - 02/10/11 06:26 AM

> > I like football and all, and I know that a lot of other countries tune in for the
> > super bowl but what does the declaration of independence have to do with football?
> > Then to go on and on about how the steel workers "built this nation", and the Acme
> > Packers were true Americans and just some of the sappiest "rah rah rah America!"
> > stuff I've seen in a long time.
> >
> > IT'S JUST A FOOTBALL GAME. They're just football players, and they're playing for
> > money, not freedom.
>
> Rupert Murdoch just wants to rub in all non-USA countries how much superior we are?

Which is odd, because he's Australian.

>
>
> Kevin Eshbach

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

Hizzout
Send PM

Re: What was with all the American propaganda before the Super Bowl? new [Re: igamabob]
#246210 - 02/10/11 07:14 AM

Quote:

Which is odd, because he's Australian.

Money has no nationality.

igamabob
Mixed Nut
Loc: Ohio
Send PM

#246234 - 02/10/11 02:28 PM

> Which is odd, because he's Australian.
>
> Money has no nationality.

Not if you believe the Tea Baggers. All money is 'Murcan.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: What was with all the American propaganda before the Super Bowl? new [Re: igamabob]
#246235 - 02/10/11 02:33 PM

> > Which is odd, because he's Australian.
> >
> > Money has no nationality.
>
> Not if you believe the Tea Baggers. All money is 'Murcan.

This is deliberately offensive and wrong bullshit. Why you wanna be startin' somethin'?

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Re: What was with all the American propaganda before the Super Bowl? new [Re: TriggerFin]
#246237 - 02/10/11 02:46 PM

> > > Which is odd, because he's Australian.
> > >
> > > Money has no nationality.
> >
> > Not if you believe the Tea Baggers. All money is 'Murcan.
>
> This is deliberately offensive and wrong bullshit. Why you wanna be startin'
> somethin'?

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 348 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2346