View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

casm
Cinematronics > *
Reged: 08/27/07
Send PM

Anyone able to translate this?
#245641 - 02/04/11 05:06 AM

Just wondering what this says - I'd run it through the usual language manglers, but given that it's Romanized phonetic Japanese I don't think Google Translate is going to cope too terribly well with it

That's from gapluso, for anyone wondering. Any help with this definitely appreciated.

Late addition for the benefit of search engines: the text in the image above reads as follows:

Anatawa Gaplus ni katta kinen ni message o okuru senchaku 10 mei ni nanika ageru Namco no kozima made letter o dashitene
Waruiga dengen o kittekure

Edited by casm (02/04/11 07:17 AM)

Matty_
Part-time troll
Reged: 01/25/08
Send PM

Rhinoceros Bar Command -nt- new [Re: casm]
#245647 - 02/04/11 05:43 AM

> Just wondering what this says - I'd run it through the usual language manglers, but
> given that it's Romanized phonetic Japanese I don't think Google Translate is going
> to cope too terribly well with it
>
>
> That's from gapluso, for anyone wondering. Any help with this definitely appreciated.

AWJ
Reged: 03/08/05
Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Send PM

Re: Anyone able to translate this? new [Re: casm]
#245649 - 02/04/11 05:48 AM

> Just wondering what this says - I'd run it through the usual language manglers, but
> given that it's Romanized phonetic Japanese I don't think Google Translate is going
> to cope too terribly well with it
>
>
> That's from gapluso, for anyone wondering. Any help with this definitely appreciated.

"You have beaten Gaplus. In commemoration, we send you this message. Send a letter to Kojima at Namco, and he'll give something to the first 10 respondents. Sorry, but turn off the power now."

casm
Cinematronics > *
Send PM

Re: Anyone able to translate this? new [Re: AWJ]
#245663 - 02/04/11 07:12 AM

> "You have beaten Gaplus. In commemoration, we send you this message. Send a letter to
> Kojima at Namco, and he'll give something to the first 10 respondents. Sorry, but
> turn off the power now."

Interesting. That implies that there's a way to beat the game, assuming that this isn't an artifact from earlier on in the development process of something that was later removed. Paging Don Hodges...

Thanks for that. Most definitely appreciated.

Edited by casm (02/04/11 07:13 AM)

casm
Cinematronics > *
Send PM

Hah! Haven't seen that one kicking around in a while! :) [nt] new [Re: Matty_]
#245664 - 02/04/11 07:13 AM

> > Just wondering what this says - I'd run it through the usual language manglers, but
> > given that it's Romanized phonetic Japanese I don't think Google Translate is going
> > to cope too terribly well with it
> >
> >
> > That's from gapluso, for anyone wondering. Any help with this definitely
> appreciated.

Phantom DJ
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/05/06
Send PM

Re: Anyone able to translate this? new [Re: casm]
#311689 - 07/20/13 08:02 AM

> > "You have beaten Gaplus. In commemoration, we send you this message. Send a letter
> to
> > Kojima at Namco, and he'll give something to the first 10 respondents. Sorry, but
> > turn off the power now."
>
> Interesting. That implies that there's a way to beat the game, assuming that this
> isn't an artifact from earlier on in the development process of something that was
> later removed. Paging Don Hodges...
>
> Thanks for that. Most definitely appreciated.

I found a Japanese web page which has tons of information about Gaplus. The downside is that is almost entirely in Japanese, although google translate does a decent job with it.

http://kani.ninpou.jp/gaplus/gaplus.htm

From the page, near the bottom, we learn that entering a certain name, age, and blood type in the high score entry will give this message. Another special named entry will give 8 ships per game on all future games until the machine is power cycled.

These only work on the Japanese ROM as the US ROM only allows for 3 character entries and does not have age nor blood type.

Code:

NAME AGE BLOOD Effect
JHIMYJ 00 OO In all games until the power is turned off from the next play, it will start with 8 machine ship.

JNIWAR 28 OO Message appears on the screen. It is not possible the next game if you do not power-cycled.

Don Hodges
www.donhodges.com

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 289 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3370