MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Allnatural
No Preservatives
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Toledo, OH. USA
Send PM

Having some trouble with the router
#244870 - 01/29/11 12:40 AM

It's a Linksys e2000 running dd-wrt. Works like a champ most of the time, but occasionally the laptop and/or the 360 won't connect. I'm not changing any settings; my wireless devices simply can't find the network until I reboot the router.

Anything in particular I should look into?

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: Having some trouble with the router new [Re: Allnatural]
#244894 - 01/29/11 05:24 AM

Are you using the "recommended" build of dd-wrt for that device? dd-wrt is, like, in perpetual beta and they're finding issues and releasing builds with experimental shit daily, it seems.

Never install the latest build, check their forum and see what they recommend as a "stable" build.

I'm using an old build on my linksys and I notice that acquiring an IP address seems to take way longer than it should. But the buils seems solid otherwise, so I haven't been motivated to update it.

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

Allnatural
No Preservatives
Send PM

Re: Having some trouble with the router new [Re: krick]
#244931 - 01/29/11 04:27 PM

> Are you using the "recommended" build of dd-wrt for that device? dd-wrt is, like, in
> perpetual beta and they're finding issues and releasing builds with experimental shit
> daily, it seems.
>
> Never install the latest build, check their forum and see what they recommend as a
> "stable" build.
>
> I'm using an old build on my linksys and I notice that acquiring an IP address seems
> to take way longer than it should. But the buils seems solid otherwise, so I haven't
> been motivated to update it.

Bought the router on eBay with the firmware pre-installed. It's not the most recent, but it looks like it's not a stable release. Guess I'll spend some quality time with the wiki.

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: Having some trouble with the router new [Re: Allnatural]
#244941 - 01/29/11 08:33 PM

Actually, don't believe the Wiki either, it's not always up to date. Go right to the forums. I would start here...

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=52043

I know it's kind of overwhelming at first, but take your time, do your research and you should be fine.

I think the recommended build is in here...

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/08-12-10-r14929/broadcom/

...though I don't know which exact build is best for you. That's where the research comes in. I guessing one of these...

dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.bin
dd-wrt.v24_mega_generic.bin

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

Allnatural
No Preservatives
Send PM

Re: Having some trouble with the router new [Re: krick]
#244945 - 01/29/11 09:11 PM

> Actually, don't believe the Wiki either, it's not always up to date. Go right to the
> forums. I would start here...
>
> http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=52043
>
> I know it's kind of overwhelming at first, but take your time, do your research and
> you should be fine.
>
> I think the recommended build is in here...
>
> ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/08-12-10-r14929/broadcom/
>
> ...though I don't know which exact build is best for you. That's where the research
> comes in. I guessing one of these...
>
> dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.bin
> dd-wrt.v24_mega_generic.bin

Will look into it. Thanks.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 853 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1246