MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Feather Factory in full swing
#244647 - 01/26/11 07:48 AM Attachment: 2011-01-24_17.13.13.png 277 KB (2 downloads)

Trigger Fin's ingenious way of collecting feathers...

1. Dungeon Spawn Box produces zombies.
2. TFin walled in the box with glass, and filled it with water.
3. Zombies drown on display behind the glass, while you watch.
4. The dead zombie drops his feather, which floats out... and you safely collect it.

Unless you're BludyPhoenix... then you read the sign which says "free feathers" with an arrow pointing straight down at the floor... and you proceed to dig straight down under the arrow until you fall into some lava beneath the rock floor.

He seriously did that. I came up, saw a hole, saw lava, and no Bludy. Um, Bludy, most of us inturpretted that sign to mean just collect the feathers there off the floor...

TFin, that dungeon is a part of the major cavern network! While exploring, I came across a giant cobblestone wall groaning at me... and realized it was your feather factory! From the back wall. How did you build that without getting killed? Did you know it is about eight steps from a diamond cash in the floor?

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Calimammy
Send PM

Re: Feather Factory in full swing new [Re: GatKong]
#244648 - 01/26/11 09:05 AM

> Trigger Fin's ingenious way of collecting feathers...
>
> 1. Dungeon Spawn Box produces zombies.
> 2. TFin walled in the box with glass, and filled it with water.
> 3. Zombies drown on display behind the glass, while you watch.
> 4. The dead zombie drops his feather, which floats out... and you safely collect it.
>
>
> Unless you're BludyPhoenix... then you read the sign which says "free feathers" with
> an arrow pointing straight down at the floor... and you proceed to dig straight down
> under the arrow until you fall into some lava beneath the rock floor.
>
>
> He seriously did that. I came up, saw a hole, saw lava, and no Bludy. Um, Bludy, most
> of us inturpretted that sign to mean just collect the feathers there off the floor...
>
> TFin, that dungeon is a part of the major cavern network! While exploring, I came
> across a giant cobblestone wall groaning at me... and realized it was your feather
> factory! From the back wall. How did you build that without getting killed? Did you
> know it is about eight steps from a diamond cash in the floor?

Awesome work fellas.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#244649 - 01/26/11 12:01 PM

Sounds hilarious!

I was expecting a pic of 2 chicks having a pillow fight.

LEVEL-4

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

#244655 - 01/26/11 02:31 PM

> TFin, that dungeon is a part of the major cavern network! While exploring, I came
> across a giant cobblestone wall groaning at me... and realized it was your feather
> factory! From the back wall. How did you build that without getting killed?

Carefully. I dug out two layers under it, then added the lower of them back in as I added the water and stretched out to dig away the floor. They can't get me if they can't get under the floor. Then I built the drowning and collection systems before digging out the base of the near wall to allow the zombies to go over the falls, then finished the last of the glass wall.

At least, in theory that's what I did. I actually messed up in a couple places and had to fix things. Got hurt a bit, almost died.

> Did you know it is about eight steps from a diamond cash in the floor?

I knew there was a cave on the other side, but I hadn't been over there to see it, so hadn't seen the diamonds (I would have taken them).

Now... if I had a few stacks of flint, the feathers would be useful. There are some in the chest down there for those who can use them.

Should I change the sign to "Free Feathers: Stand Here?"

Edited by TriggerFin (01/26/11 02:37 PM)

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: Feather Factory in full swing new [Re: TriggerFin]
#244662 - 01/26/11 04:53 PM

>Now... if I had a few stacks of flint

May sound lame, but you can just keep picking up and dropping the same chunks of gravel, and you will produce an endless supply of flint. I got your feathers, and made 64 flint in short order, and walked away with a new quiver of arrows.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: Feather Factory in full swing new [Re: TriggerFin]
#244678 - 01/26/11 07:56 PM

> Carefully. I dug out two layers under it, then added the lower of them back in as I
> added the water and stretched out to dig away the floor. They can't get me if they
> can't get under the floor. Then I built the drowning and collection systems before
> digging out the base of the near wall to allow the zombies to go over the falls, then
> finished the last of the glass wall.
>
> At least, in theory that's what I did. I actually messed up in a couple places and
> had to fix things. Got hurt a bit, almost died.
>

My strategy is slow but secure (at least for zombies and spiders), i fill the dungeon with gravel or arena by placing blocks on the roof so it falls down. If you do it fast enough anything behind will bury and die, if not just attack it. Once you get a full row of columns, free a block of arena or gravel on top and make the same so you will form a new row of columns on front. Once you reach the cage, you start putting torches around it by either removing all blocks or just removing the base block and quickly put a torch before the rest fall down. I've been told torches don't stop spawning, but so far on normal difficulty i haven't noticed that problem.

I'd join you guys, but my version of the game is outdated and not legitimate (offline only). I fear of any type of on-line game as i have the feeling it will drain my life anyway.

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Loc: Britland
Send PM

#244687 - 01/26/11 10:07 PM

> Trigger Fin's ingenious way of collecting feathers...
>
> 1. Dungeon Spawn Box produces zombies.
> 2. TFin walled in the box with glass, and filled it with water.
> 3. Zombies drown on display behind the glass, while you watch.
> 4. The dead zombie drops his feather, which floats out... and you safely collect it.
>
>
> Unless you're BludyPhoenix... then you read the sign which says "free feathers" with
> an arrow pointing straight down at the floor... and you proceed to dig straight down
> under the arrow until you fall into some lava beneath the rock floor.
>
>
> He seriously did that. I came up, saw a hole, saw lava, and no Bludy. Um, Bludy, most
> of us inturpretted that sign to mean just collect the feathers there off the floor...
>
> factory! From the back wall. How did you build that without getting killed? Did you
> know it is about eight steps from a diamond cash in the floor?

That sounds hilarious but why DO zombies drop feathers? Are they zombie chickens? Have they come to take their revenge on Colonal Sanders?

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Feather Factory in full swing new [Re: Fever]
#244731 - 01/27/11 05:35 AM

> That sounds hilarious but why DO zombies drop feathers? Are they zombie chickens?
> Have they come to take their revenge on Colonal Sanders?

The developer said they drop feathers because he didn't know what else to have them drop. At least it saves you from having to run around slaughtering chickens to make arrows.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Feather Factory in full swing new [Re: DMala]
#244752 - 01/27/11 07:14 PM

> > That sounds hilarious but why DO zombies drop feathers? Are they zombie chickens?
> > Have they come to take their revenge on Colonal Sanders?
>
> The developer said they drop feathers because he didn't know what else to have them
> drop. At least it saves you from having to run around slaughtering chickens to make
> arrows.

Personally, I think they should have chains added to them, binding them to forever walk the Earth in darkness and agony, until you set them free to collect a couple links of chain to be put to various uses.

A feather, plus a piece of flint and a stick, makes 4 arrows. A skeleton drops arrows directly.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 728 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1559