MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

AWJ
Reged: 03/08/05
Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Send PM

Request: MAME drivers with timers preventing savestate
#244422 - 01/24/11 05:21 PM

In this thread, please report MAME drivers that always display the message "Unable to save due to pending anonymous timers" when you attempt to save.

Already known about:
cave.c - all games
segaorun.c - all games
segas16b.c - all games
segaxbd.c - all games

Edited by AWJ (01/24/11 05:46 PM)

etabeta
Reged: 08/25/04
Send PM

Re: Request: MAME drivers with timers preventing savestate new [Re: AWJ]
#244520 - 01/25/11 08:12 AM

> In this thread, please report MAME drivers that always display the message "Unable to
> save due to pending anonymous timers" when you attempt to save.
>
> Already known about:
> cave.c - all games
> segaorun.c - all games
> segas16b.c - all games
> segaxbd.c - all games

boxer.c
capbowl.c
cball.c
destroyr.c
fgoal.c
flyball.c
fuukifg2.c
fuukifg3.c

were the drivers which I added state class to (actually, state struct at time ), saving all the variable, but that were unable to have save states due to anonymous timers

I only worked through drivers starting with 'K' (and a few 'L'), and I had to skip a few drivers due to components in need to be device-fied before save states were possible (e.g. cave dependence on nmk112), so I don't have a full list unfortunately

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#244596 - 01/25/11 10:59 PM

Is there a place to find the error.log? Anyway, shdancer. Driver source is segas18.c

eta: When the next full version is available and this is fixed.. I just gotta know! I hope I watch for it, 'cause I'm gunna practice the hardest parts of this game till I can do them with my eyes closed!

Okay. Maybe not with my eyes closed. And as for the "hardest parts"... the hardest parts to me. And right now that's stage 3-1. Can't get through the last stretch of it without using shurikens, but I'm sure it's possible.

Then there's stages 4-2 and 4-3... I don't think it's possible.

I will also get the patterns down for the Bonus Stages.

Edited by T0M (01/28/11 11:47 AM)

LEVEL-4

etabeta
Send PM

Re: Request: MAME drivers with timers preventing savestate new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#244652 - 01/26/11 01:19 PM

run mame with -log and then the error.log will be created in the same folder as MAME

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#244653 - 01/26/11 01:27 PM

> In this thread, please report MAME drivers that always display the message "Unable to
> save due to pending anonymous timers" when you attempt to save.
>
> Already known about:
> cave.c - all games
> segaorun.c - all games
> segas16b.c - all games
> segaxbd.c - all games

Is bug 4107 related to this? If so, you can add aristmk4.c to the list...

Code:

Error: Unable to write save state due to a disk write error. Verify there is enough disk space.

It doesn't matter if you have 1.5 terabytes of disk space left, the same error is given.

etabeta
Send PM

Re: Request: MAME drivers with timers preventing savestate new [Re: Heihachi_73]
#244659 - 01/26/11 03:09 PM

it's not related. bug 4107 was simply due to the nvram array not being allocated, so that MAME was trying to save an infinitely large array. fixed.

btw, I'm not even sure that such array needs to be saved now that the driver uses common NVRAM, but I don't think it is worth any clean up since there is no real save state support in the driver...

AWJ
Reged: 03/08/05
Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Send PM

Re: Request: MAME drivers with timers preventing savestate new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#244673 - 01/26/11 06:27 PM

> Is there a place to find the error.log? Anyway, shdancer. Driver source is segas18.c

segas18.c was the same problem as the other sega drivers (video/segaic16.c) I've submitted a patch for that, as well as for cave.c.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 201 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 6162