StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Minecraft Cannon = hilarious
#243867 - 01/17/11 09:25 PM

Can't stop laughing at this!

"Pig, this is your finest hour."

Minecraft is truly the best game I'm not playing...

- Stiletto

CrapBoardSoftware
My real name is banned dickhead
Reged: 01/03/06
Loc: Wisconsin
Send PM

Re: Minecraft Cannon = hilarious new [Re: Stiletto]
#243870 - 01/17/11 10:02 PM

> Minecraft is truly the best game I'm not playing...

Why do you play it only NOW? Gatinho the same...

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

TNT blast physics.... aren't they just spherical? new [Re: CrapBoardSoftware]
#243879 - 01/18/11 12:36 AM

>Why do you play it only NOW? Gatinho the same...

I try to avoid games like that... because I love 'em so much! You wake up two years older wondering where the time went! lol. ...at least now I can write it off as "Father and son" time, and my boys and I love playing it.

Seriously... look at the time people put into these games... the music, the cannons... look at his "background" base... it's detailed as hell! The serial music video guy's background... I think I saw a complete theme park with roller coasters and stuff!!! How many hours squandered building that? WOW.

But this guy's TNT... I don't see how he so successfully directed all that blast just out the barrel of that gun, and how he doesn't blow the whole thing, only made of cobblestone, to smithereans. Each block of TNT SHOULD just blast anything within in spherical range... probably additive with each additional block of TNT... unless the game's TNT physics are more complicated than I thought.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Minecraft Cannon = hilarious new [Re: CrapBoardSoftware]
#243894 - 01/18/11 08:06 AM

> > Minecraft is truly the best game I'm not playing...
>
> Why do you play it only NOW? Gatinho the same...

(This didn't translate quite right...)

You mean, why don't I play it right NOW? Because, as you can see from the search challenges I've taken on over the years, I can sometimes be obsessive. I know this about myself, and I probably wouldn't leave my house if I started getting into Minecraft/Warcraft/etc./etc.. But I am much entertained by what people have done with it.

... I wonder what LEGO thinks of Minecraft?

- Stiletto

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: TNT blast physics.... aren't they just spherical? new [Re: GatKong]
#243902 - 01/18/11 02:25 PM

> But this guy's TNT... I don't see how he so successfully directed all that blast just
> out the barrel of that gun, and how he doesn't blow the whole thing, only made of
> cobblestone, to smithereans. Each block of TNT SHOULD just blast anything within in
> spherical range... probably additive with each additional block of TNT... unless the
> game's TNT physics are more complicated than I thought.

The lack of destruction is down to the water he set up to drop everything into -- explosions in water still damage players/mobs, and exert force on carts as in the vid, but don't destroy blocks. These cannons can also fire TNT blocks, if one is kept out of the primary explosion, it gets launched and triggered at the same time, giving it a few seconds to fly through the air.

Before the water trick was found, most cannons were made of obsidian, which is strong enough to withstand a sizable blast.

CrapBoardSoftware
My real name is banned dickhead
Reged: 01/03/06
Loc: Wisconsin
Send PM

Re: Minecraft Cannon = hilarious new [Re: Stiletto]
#243918 - 01/18/11 08:18 PM

> > > Minecraft is truly the best game I'm not playing...
> >
> > Why do you play it only NOW? Gatinho the same...
>
> (This didn't translate quite right...)
>
> You mean, why don't I play it right NOW? Because, as you can see from the search
> challenges I've taken on over the years, I can sometimes be obsessive. I know this
> about myself, and I probably wouldn't leave my house if I started getting into
> Minecraft/Warcraft/etc./etc.. But I am much entertained by what people have done with
> it.

I meant, did you got it since the start of Beta or before? Because i mentioned it once some months ago (September/October), but at this time nobody talked about it...

> ... I wonder what LEGO thinks of Minecraft?

They have Roblox, and some guy tries to recreate Minecraft there.

Also, there seem to exist more than one clone of MC...

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
2 registered and 462 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2281