Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Luca - X-Plan emulation new [Re: anoid]
#243255 - 01/10/11 12:03 AM

> http://www.lucaelia.com/mame.php

"X-Plan is an unusual shoot'em up / poker combo by Subsino...."

It's the shooter that will make the gambling game memorable. If only Ramtek's Hit Me could have had an emergency switch feature to call up Midway's Gun Fight when necessary.....

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Luca - X-Plan emulation new [Re: gregf]
#243320 - 01/10/11 05:50 PM

Here's a video from Tom Riddle of X-Plan "in action". It looks kind of OK at first, but it's actually really, really bad.

ranger_lennier
Reged: 04/07/05
Send PM

Re: Luca - X-Plan emulation new [Re: R. Belmont]
#243365 - 01/11/11 03:56 AM

> Here's a video from Tom Riddle of X-Plan "in action". It looks kind of OK at first,
> but it's actually really, really bad.

Wow, it's even worse than I imagined, and I'd imagined it was pretty bad. For awhile, I wondered why the player didn't fly up on the screen, since the planes kept coming from behind and hitting him. Then I read that you can't move up on the screen. And it just goes on from there.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Luca - X-Plan emulation new [Re: ranger_lennier]
#243369 - 01/11/11 05:52 AM

>> Here's a video from Tom Riddle of X-Plan "in action". It looks kind of OK at first,
>> but it's actually really, really bad.

>Wow, it's even worse than I imagined, and I'd imagined it was pretty bad. For awhile, I
> wondered why the player didn't fly up on the screen, since the planes kept coming from
> behind and hitting him. Then I read that you can't move up on the screen. And it just
> goes on from there.

To me, X-Plan is like a 21st century variation of Electra's Avenger, but with somewhat better looking graphics......but can also be thought of as an Electra Avenger cab with a broken joystick where a player is unable to move plane vertically upwards during gameplay. It's funny that X-Plan doesn't allow player to move airplane vertically.

etabeta
Reged: 08/25/04
Send PM

Re: Luca - X-Plan emulation new [Re: ranger_lennier]
#243385 - 01/11/11 10:55 AM

> > Here's a video from Tom Riddle of X-Plan "in action". It looks kind of OK at first,
> > but it's actually really, really bad.
>
> Wow, it's even worse than I imagined, and I'd imagined it was pretty bad. For awhile,
> I wondered why the player didn't fly up on the screen, since the planes kept coming
> from behind and hitting him. Then I read that you can't move up on the screen. And it
> just goes on from there.

well, the game was just a fake to hide the main gambling game (which sucks as well, in this case, for a 2006 game...), in case you were operating it in a place were gambling is not allowed and some policeman has entered the place. being not intended to be a real game you cannot expect that much.

concerning the vertical movements, you have to take in mind it had to be controlled with the bet commands, not with a joystick so they probably decided it was not worth any effort

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 148 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2119