Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

MAME Artwork Update - Happy New Year
#242207 - 12/30/10 04:38 AM

In-Game Artwork - December 29, 2010

I figured I should take a break from BFBC2: Vietnam, and get together one more release before the year's over...

• Zorg came back for a bit, and gave us a beautiful bezel for Blue Shark, scanned and vectored by him.
    Antny continues to contribute, giving us Frisky Tom, scanned by TrevEB.
  • Kiltron's still pumping them out, too, with his newest contribution of Cal 50.
    TrevEB continues to contribute more full bezel scans. And I hav another new toy to help clean artwork up, so for today's batch, we have bezels for Sundance and Q*Bert's Qubes (dedicated to Angela, the biggest Q*Bert fan out there).
  • Also using the new toy, I took the existing bezel for Crazy Kong, and created the "more offical" version of it, based on multiple photos I've seen on arcade and restoration websites (dedicated to Chris, the biggest Crazy Kong fan out there).
  • Cleaned up the instruction card for Lethal Enforcers II; thanks to Vintage Arcade for loaning it out for scanning.
  • Lastly, added instruction stickers "por tres juegos de cueva." See the LAY files for credits.

There's still lots to come for 2011 and beyond. Seems that Trevor isn't going to run out of stuff to scan anytime soon. It's just a matter of getting to the grindstone and getting them all cleaned up now.
Got some more stuff for the Other Artwork page coming later, too.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

RetroLover
M.A.M.E. / M.E.S.S. fan
Reged: 10/27/06
Send PM

Cool and btw... new [Re: Mr. Do]
#242237 - 12/30/10 01:48 PM

that 3D-Artwork looks amazing! Found it by chance and also found the suitable 3D glasses

Regards,
RetroLover

rtw
lurker
Reged: 09/27/05
Send PM

Re: MAME Artwork Update - Happy New Year new [Re: Mr. Do]
#242239 - 12/30/10 04:46 PM

Awesome work Mr Do, kudos to you and your team!

May I ask what your new cleaning toy is ?

jordanrom
Reged: 01/10/05
Send PM

#242269 - 12/31/10 01:54 AM

Is it possible to download all the artwork at once instead of each file separately?

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: MAME Artwork Update - Happy New Year new [Re: jordanrom]
#242271 - 12/31/10 02:43 AM

> Is it possible to download all the artwork at once instead of each file separately?

You realize in the time it took you to send up a reply you could have downloaded from 10 links that were new? Simply click the "Last Updated" column once and see them sorted by date and download the latest shown since last release.

jordanrom
Send PM

Re: MAME Artwork Update - Happy New Year new [Re: Tafoid]
#242272 - 12/31/10 03:05 AM

> > Is it possible to download all the artwork at once instead of each file separately?
>
>
> You realize in the time it took you to send up a reply you could have downloaded from
> 10 links that were new? Simply click the "Last Updated" column once and see them
> sorted by date and download the latest shown since last release.

I don't have any art work. So I have to download all 799 artwork files by clicking each mirror?

Why isn't there a zip with everything in 1 easy download?

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

#242273 - 12/31/10 03:16 AM

> > > Is it possible to download all the artwork at once instead of each file
> separately?
> >
> >
> > You realize in the time it took you to send up a reply you could have downloaded
> from
> > 10 links that were new? Simply click the "Last Updated" column once and see them
> > sorted by date and download the latest shown since last release.
>
> I don't have any art work. So I have to download all 799 artwork files by clicking
> each mirror?
>
> Why isn't there a zip with everything in 1 easy download?

It could be that there is roughly 1.4 gigabytes of artwork data just in in-game artwork and offering them in a single all-encompassing download would assuredly kill the main site and mirrors pretty quickly. I'd suggest either plugging away at them over time or wait/search for the eventual torrent or newsgroup posting containing the whole set.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#242274 - 12/31/10 03:20 AM

Use Firefox and install the "DownThemAll!" plugin, you can launch entire pages of them at a time easily. After you are caught up, the updates aren't a problem when you use the sort by date.

jordanrom
Send PM

Re: MAME Artwork Update - Happy New Year new [Re: Tafoid]
#242276 - 12/31/10 03:22 AM

> > > > Is it possible to download all the artwork at once instead of each file
> > separately?
> > >
> > >
> > > You realize in the time it took you to send up a reply you could have downloaded
> > from
> > > 10 links that were new? Simply click the "Last Updated" column once and see them
> > > sorted by date and download the latest shown since last release.
> >
> > I don't have any art work. So I have to download all 799 artwork files by clicking
> > each mirror?
> >
> > Why isn't there a zip with everything in 1 easy download?
>
> It could be that there is roughly 1.4 gigabytes of artwork data just in in-game
> artwork and offering them in a single all-encompassing download would assuredly kill
> the main site and mirrors pretty quickly. I'd suggest either plugging away at them
> over time or wait/search for the eventual torrent or newsgroup posting containing the
> whole set.

Ah, thank you. I was looking for a torrent as I really don't want to sign up for a Usenet subscription just for the artwork. Would I find it under MAME ARTWORK Special edition or something to the effect?

Maybe RARing it up and splitting the parts between hosts would be a good solution...

Edited by jordanrom (12/31/10 03:23 AM)

jordanrom
Send PM

Re: MAME Artwork Update - Happy New Year new [Re: Smitdogg]
#242277 - 12/31/10 03:22 AM

> Use Firefox and install the "DownThemAll!" plugin, you can launch entire pages of
> them at a time easily. After you are caught up, the updates aren't a problem when you
> use the sort by date.

I didn't think of that, excellent! Thanks!

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#242285 - 12/31/10 05:29 AM

> > > > > Is it possible to download all the artwork at once instead of each file
> > > separately?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > You realize in the time it took you to send up a reply you could have
> downloaded
> > > from
> > > > 10 links that were new? Simply click the "Last Updated" column once and see
> them
> > > > sorted by date and download the latest shown since last release.
> > >
> > > I don't have any art work. So I have to download all 799 artwork files by
> clicking
> > > each mirror?
> > >
> > > Why isn't there a zip with everything in 1 easy download?
> >
> > It could be that there is roughly 1.4 gigabytes of artwork data just in in-game
> > artwork and offering them in a single all-encompassing download would assuredly
> kill
> > the main site and mirrors pretty quickly. I'd suggest either plugging away at them
> > over time or wait/search for the eventual torrent or newsgroup posting containing
> the
> > whole set.
>
> Ah, thank you. I was looking for a torrent as I really don't want to sign up for a
> Usenet subscription just for the artwork. Would I find it under MAME ARTWORK Special
> edition or something to the effect?
>
> Maybe RARing it up and splitting the parts between hosts would be a good solution...

It'd be easier to locate a torrent with the files. Certain... ah, sites, release update torrents whenever the packs have been updated, so you can just download the stuff you're missing.

I am afraid that I cannot provide you with any links due to this forum's rules, but they're easy enough to find.

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

#242288 - 12/31/10 06:05 AM

> ...I really don't want to sign up for a Usenet subscription just for the artwork

Easynews offers a free 14-day trial. Other newsgroup providers prolly have something similar.

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

jcroach
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/27/04
Loc: Bloomington, Indiana
Send PM

#242296 - 12/31/10 02:14 PM

Amazing as always. Dig Dug Cabaret will come shortly after the first of the year.

Will the Blue Shark backdrop/background images be coming also?

> In-Game Artwork - December 29, 2010
> I figured I should take a break from BFBC2: Vietnam, and get together one more
> release before the year's over...
> Zorg came back for a bit, and gave us a beautiful bezel for Blue Shark, scanned and
> vectored by him.
> Antny continues to contribute, giving us Frisky Tom, scanned by TrevEB.
> Kiltron's still pumping them out, too, with his newest contribution of Cal 50.
> TrevEB continues to contribute more full bezel scans. And I hav another new toy to
> help clean artwork up, so for today's batch, we have bezels for Sundance and Q*Bert's
> Qubes (dedicated to Angela, the biggest Q*Bert fan out there).
> Also using the new toy, I took the existing bezel for Crazy Kong, and created the
> "more offical" version of it, based on multiple photos I've seen on arcade and
> restoration websites (dedicated to Chris, the biggest Crazy Kong fan out there).
> Cleaned up the instruction card for Lethal Enforcers II; thanks to Vintage Arcade for
> loaning it out for scanning.
> Lastly, added instruction stickers "por tres juegos de cueva." See the LAY files for
> credits.
>
>
> There's still lots to come for 2011 and beyond. Seems that Trevor isn't going to run
> out of stuff to scan anytime soon. It's just a matter of getting to the grindstone
> and getting them all cleaned up now.
> Got some more stuff for the Other Artwork page coming later, too.

Edited by jcroach (12/31/10 02:17 PM)

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: MAME Artwork Update - Happy New Year new [Re: jcroach]
#242319 - 01/01/11 02:24 AM

>Will the Blue Shark backdrop/background images be coming also?

I believe that should still be left on the wanted list.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 623 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2417