View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

unMAMEd updated for 2010
#242087 - 12/28/10 07:35 PM Attachment: applause.gif 100 KB (2 downloads)

http://unmamed.mameworld.info/

--
New in this update...
[28 Dec '10] Updating for MAME 0.140u3
--

There's some more updates as mentioned.

*Applauds*

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

CrapBoardSoftware
My real name is banned dickhead
Reged: 01/03/06
Loc: Wisconsin
Send PM

Re: unMAMEd updated for 2010 new [Re: gregf]
#242095 - 12/28/10 08:49 PM

What happens with the deleted pages/sections? Does he archive them?

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: unMAMEd updated for 2010 new [Re: CrapBoardSoftware]
#242098 - 12/28/10 09:56 PM

>What happens with the deleted pages/sections? Does he archive them?

My guess: The entries or any of the old pages probably aren't saved and my preference is....I would rather see them on MAWS compared to unMAMEd.

CrapBoardSoftware
Send PM

#242099 - 12/28/10 10:28 PM

> > What happens with the deleted pages/sections? Does he archive them?
>
> My guess: The entries or any of the old pages probably aren't saved and my
> preference is....I would rather see them on MAWS compared to unMAMEd.

You mean like a placeholder, without a set name? Why not...

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

#242100 - 12/28/10 10:40 PM

>> My guess: The entries or any of the old pages probably aren't saved and my
>> preference is....I would rather see them on MAWS compared to unMAMEd.

>You mean like a placeholder, without a set name? Why not...

You missed the tomato [kidding part] of the reference. I meant my preference is all of the games be found and dumped rather than being a permanent reminder [ie: being listed on unMAMEd] that a game has yet to be found. Granted that might not be possible, but the fewer entries on unMAMEd, the better imo.

I hope to see the non-cpu section also get smaller, but that may be a while.

bobbytribble
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/29/10
Send PM

#242122 - 12/29/10 02:26 AM

Nope, indeed I don't have a backup of previous versions. I'm not exactly sure what the purpose would be anyway. I do keep the old pictures there... more like I don't bother to delete them. You'd have to remember the filename to view them though.

People seem to enjoy the unmamed updates more than the 3D Arcade cabinets. I do enjoy making the cabinets more though

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: unMAMEd updated for 2010 new [Re: bobbytribble]
#242123 - 12/29/10 02:57 AM

Eh? Pretty sure you have an account here...
http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showprofile.php?Cat=&User=4273

> Nope, indeed I don't have a backup of previous versions. I'm not exactly sure what
> the purpose would be anyway. I do keep the old pictures there... more like I don't
> bother to delete them. You'd have to remember the filename to view them though.

I think Falcone was thinking like a check list - STATUS = EMULATED! or something. That and the cases where what you have may be unique, like people's memories of games and oddball scans of things. I agree that it doesn't seem necessary, tho.

> People seem to enjoy the unmamed updates more than the 3D Arcade cabinets. I do enjoy
> making the cabinets more though

You're really doing a swell job on those, congrats.

- Stiletto

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: unMAMEd updated for 2010 *edit* new [Re: Stiletto]
#242129 - 12/29/10 04:22 AM

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showprofile.php?Cat=&User=4273

>Eh? Pretty sure you have an account here...

Heh.....that's where I sent a sizeable updated list of more entries that can be removed from unMAMEd. Two sizeable lists are now sitting in Bobby's long time MW account.

Edited by gregf (12/29/10 05:25 AM)

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

#242134 - 12/29/10 04:54 AM

>People seem to enjoy the unmamed updates more than the 3D Arcade cabinets. I do enjoy >making the cabinets more though

Your models are great although the frontend is mind numbingly complicated (at least for me). Too many of these (///////////////////////) involved in all the cfg files.

Someone really gets turned on by your UnMAMEd updates....

*cough Gr_gf*

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: unMAMEd updated for 2010 new [Re: Antny]
#242138 - 12/29/10 05:23 AM

>Someone really gets turned on by your UnMAMEd updates....
>*cough Gr_gf*

I am certain, a WG cab would keep me away from unMAMEd for awhile.

Anyway, it's great to see some long time entries being removed or replaced.

bobbytribble
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/29/10
Send PM

#242150 - 12/29/10 07:15 AM

No worries, I do have access to that other account, but I don't have the password handy at work/on my laptop. This tends to keep me off the message boards, so I figured I'd just make a new account (the password retrieval didn't work for me unless I was doing something wrong). I'll be sure to check over all the messages when I have access, and once I add all the non-working games - and there are a lot for over a years worth of releases! Until then, I still get messages at [email protected] if I've overlooked anything.

As for 3D Arcade, yeah I know it's very non-intuitive to set up - it actually started as a private interface and grew out from there. While complicated, it is very adaptable. Anyhow, if anyone wants to program an alternate 3D frontend interface (like maybe one where the 3D model for a chosen game is just displayed in a window by itself) I'd be happy to convert the models!

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

#242153 - 12/29/10 09:35 AM

>I'll be sure to check over all the messages when I have access, and once I add all the
> non-working games - and there are a lot for over a years worth of releases!

I decided to cut in front of the line.

The 2 messages are also in your current/new account.

CrapBoardSoftware
Send PM

Re: unMAMEd updated for 2010 new [Re: Stiletto]
#242162 - 12/29/10 12:53 PM

> Eh? Pretty sure you have an account here...
> http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showprofile.php?Cat=&User=4273
>
> > Nope, indeed I don't have a backup of previous versions. I'm not exactly sure what
> > the purpose would be anyway. I do keep the old pictures there... more like I don't
> > bother to delete them. You'd have to remember the filename to view them though.
>
> I think Falcone was thinking like a check list - STATUS = EMULATED! or something.
> That and the cases where what you have may be unique, like people's memories of games
> and oddball scans of things. I agree that it doesn't seem necessary, tho.
>
> > People seem to enjoy the unmamed updates more than the 3D Arcade cabinets. I do
> enjoy
> > making the cabinets more though
>
> You're really doing a swell job on those, congrats.
>
> - Stiletto

Hmm. Sometimes there's good background info why it's not emulated (or the gameplay description), and i think that info is then lost; not everything related to a game's 'MAME-history' is contained in MAWS... (also the scanned pictures are of 'historic interest', but you said you keep them)

Shoegazr
Rockstar
Reged: 01/21/06
Send PM

#242175 - 12/29/10 05:05 PM

> As for 3D Arcade, yeah I know it's very non-intuitive to set up - it actually started
> as a private interface and grew out from there. While complicated, it is very
> adaptable. Anyhow, if anyone wants to program an alternate 3D frontend interface
> (like maybe one where the 3D model for a chosen game is just displayed in a window by
> itself) I'd be happy to convert the models!

Actually, I always thought something akin to a "3D Model" tab would be a nice feature for MAMEUI - though no doubt it would require major retooling to make possible; and given the glacial pace of MAMEUI development, I'm not holding my breath.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

#242192 - 12/29/10 10:51 PM

>Sometimes there's good background info why it's not emulated (or the gameplay
> description), and i think that info is then lost; not everything related to a
> game's 'MAME-history' is contained in MAWS... (also the scanned pictures are
> of 'historic interest', but you said you keep them)

I can see why the old MAME.net wip pages were kept because that is a piece of history from the era when Gridle was handling MAME.net web site. (twisty kept many of the Dexter posts since those can never be topped for entertainment reading).

As for unMAMEd, the comments by various contributors might not be correct. I know my comment for Sega/Gremlin's (Gremlin) stand-a-round version of Blasto (alternate version of Blasto and not found yet) is correct because of the contents within Blasto manual. As for my comments with Sega's Tic Tac Quiz (also yet to be found) that's more of guessing even though I do believe it is a cpu controlled game.

Atari/Kee Games' Quiz Show was considered non-cpu until Al Kossow corrected folks (2004 or 2005 iirc) and mentioned it as using a 2650 cpu. That's the guesswork stuff not worth archiving compared to old MAME.net's WIP pages imo.

A few examples (excerpts from 2 messages sent to Bobby)

American Soccer (Universal [unreleased], 86)

Curse Kevin for ruinning Shima's plans. (kidding)

=======
American Soccer is now supported (see related links).

=
American Football (Universal [unreleased], 86)
American Soccer (Universal [unreleased], 86)

ShimaPong scan from a Japanese magazine.
Info from ShimaPong:
This is the unreleased Japanese version of Indoor Soccer. The same year, Universal planned another sports game "American Football", but this game was unreleased too.

http://maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/asoccer
http://maws.mameworld.info/img/ps/titles/asoccer.png

27th June 2010: Smitdogg - Kevin Eshbach dumped American Soccer by Universal! It's a newer version of Indoor Soccer.
=
=====

Another example.

Cross Bingo (Subsino, 91)

Cross Bingo eventually fully emulated with correct name being Poker Carnival.

=======
Cross Bingo was changed to Poker Carnival. It is working and can be removed.

-
Cross Bingo (Subsino, 91)

http://maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/crsbingo

title Poker Carnival
driver status good

0.129: f205v added Cross Bingo (Subsino 1991).
0.135u4: Changed description to 'Poker Carnival'
-
===

And then another variation example. The old "not working" descriptions might be too generic and a better decription can be found on MAMEdev.org 's Devwiki page. My preference is having all the previous source and whatsnew descriptions in archived condition compared to "not working" comments and opinions. Charles managed to extract data from a Gaelco's Master Boy pcb a few years ago when Guru's comments [at the time on the unMAMEd Gaelco page] were Gaelco's Master Boy "would never be playable."....well maybe that part is too bad that wasn't archived.

---
Better description update to your earlier description from MAMEdev page http://mamedev.org/devwiki/index.php/GNW

gekitsui, zerotrgt - "Need better ROZ layer implementation."

=
Gekitsui Oh / Zero Target (Data East, 85)

Why it's not emulated (WHATSNEW.TXT)
Various things not yet understood.
=
-----

Anyway, whatever can be archived on MAMEdev.org, MAWs, System 16, Alexis B.'s Arcade-History is a good start imo.

*Reminds self to need to archive any relevant posts within threads with Juergen B.'s posts of progress of TTL/non-cpu emulation earlier this year.* ;-)

ShimaPong
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/12/05
Send PM

Au (Tehkan 1983) new [Re: gregf]
#248412 - 03/09/11 05:12 PM

This game was unreleased though it was exhibited in the game show and done location-test several times.
"Au" means the atomic symbol of gold and some player says this game has good golden color like Star Force.

Finaly, it is found with sitting in a warehouse and repaired board.
http://riorainbowgate.com/special/oldgames_02.html

The game is one of shooting game with fixed screen. So it is very similar to Globda.
It has unique weapon system. If you destroy an enemy in the air with anti-air shot, next weapon changes anti-surface shot to break a base on the ground.
If you fire anti-surface shot, the weapon returns to anti-air shot.

"Any company has no power to stop people emulating"
MAME is the emulator of no giving in the pressure from any company even if they don't allow

twistyAdministrator
Space Lord
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Au (Tehkan 1983) new [Re: ShimaPong]
#248418 - 03/09/11 07:36 PM

http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=...ev=_t&twu=1

> "Au" means the atomic symbol of gold

Aurum being the full Latin word. It's origin is based on Aurora the Roman goddess of the dawn (shining dawn, golden).

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Au (Tehkan 1983) new [Re: twisty]
#248422 - 03/09/11 07:54 PM

Oh I didn't know you were a Latino.

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#248426 - 03/09/11 08:35 PM

> Nope, indeed I don't have a backup of previous versions. I'm not exactly sure what
> the purpose would be anyway. I do keep the old pictures there... more like I don't
> bother to delete them. You'd have to remember the filename to view them though.
>
> People seem to enjoy the unmamed updates more than the 3D Arcade cabinets. I do enjoy
> making the cabinets more though

There are a few old links on some of the pages - some Guru links on the 1990s page still go to EmuUnlim (there are also many games which say testdriver near them, a term which hasn't been used since 0.73 or so).

I have been in the process of making an 'unMAMEd' style site for gambling games (mostly Aristocrat as they are the most common machine in Australia), documenting hardware, cabinets etc. Of course, being gambling games, it will be nearly impossible to end up with a complete game list inside MAME itself. There are around 400 known (undumped) Aristocrat games missing from the list, and that's before I even get started on IGT, Konami, Bally, Williams (WMS) etc. Unfortunately I have nowhere to put such a site, so it's all stored offline (I wanted a wiki-style design, but without the accompanying fake/destructive/spam/hello/thisgamesucks edits). I wasn't sure if Wikia would accept the gambling nature of these games.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Au (Tehkan 1983) new [Re: ShimaPong]
#248429 - 03/09/11 09:38 PM Attachment: tehkanauscreen.jpg 16 KB (0 downloads)

>Finaly, it is found with sitting in a warehouse and repaired board.

http://riorainbowgate.com/special/oldgames_02.html

>The game is one of shooting game with fixed screen. So it is very similar to Globda.
>It has unique weapon system. If you destroy an enemy in the air with anti-air shot, next
>weapon changes anti-surface shot to break a base on the ground. If you fire anti-surface
>shot, the weapon returns to anti-air shot.

Another good find there and thanks for the gameplay description too.

>This game was unreleased though it was exhibited in the game show and done location-test
>several times.

http://www.tilt.it/deb/i-blacklist.html#au

It appears the game was also at a location in Italy.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 176 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3538