MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Super Meat Boy
#241700 - 12/21/10 09:12 AM

Retro-themed, Nintendo-hard, 2D platforming goodness. And meat.

http://supermeatboy.com/

$3.75 on Steam right now.

lordflux
Lurker
Reged: 10/13/03
Send PM

Re: Super Meat Boy new [Re: DMala]
#241712 - 12/21/10 05:53 PM

> Retro-themed, Nintendo-hard, 2D platforming goodness. And meat.
>
> http://supermeatboy.com/
>
> $3.75 on Steam right now.

Fantastic game. I bought it for the 360 back when it came out, but for $3.75, I just had to buy it again for the PC.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Super Meat Boy new [Re: lordflux]
#241718 - 12/21/10 07:01 PM

I bought it because it looks awesome and the price is right but I don't like this Steam shit one bit.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Super Meat Boy new [Re: Smitdogg]
#241720 - 12/21/10 08:06 PM

> I bought it because it looks awesome and the price is right but I don't like this
> Steam shit one bit.

I can appreciate the concerns, but for me the convenience of it outweighs any of the drawbacks. All of the games I've bought are associated with my account. I can install Steam on any machine I'm using and have access to everything. No digging for install discs or CD keys or authorizations, just download whatever I want to play and go.

PokeMAME
Gotta catch 'em all!
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: San Antonio, TX
Send PM

#241722 - 12/21/10 08:55 PM

> I bought it because it looks awesome and the price is right but I don't like this
> Steam shit one bit.

Just before Thanksgiving, I bought a $9.99 Star Trek game at Target.

I didn't look close enough at the package and didn't notice the Steam logo until after I was installing it.

Everything seemed to be OK but the next morning my PC was acting sluggish so I tried to reboot it.

The "Windows is shutting down" message was up for way too long so I hit the reset button.

Big mistake!!!!! Boot -- blue screen -- boot -- blue screen.... I couldn't even boot into Safe Mode or any other mode!?!?!?!?!

My data was OK but I ended up installing a new drive with Windows 7 on it and copying everything over. (I was intending to do this eventually anyways but it sucks having to copy and reinstall and update everything.)

I didn't even think about Steam being the culprit until 2 days later but I'll bet it was THAT STEAMING PILE OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

#241723 - 12/21/10 09:03 PM

> > I bought it because it looks awesome and the price is right but I don't like this
> > Steam shit one bit.
>
> I can appreciate the concerns, but for me the convenience of it outweighs any of the
> drawbacks. All of the games I've bought are associated with my account. I can install
> Steam on any machine I'm using and have access to everything. No digging for install
> discs or CD keys or authorizations, just download whatever I want to play and go.

Same here. I've never had any problems either, I've been using Steam on my PCs since Half Life 2 came out. It works great on OS X as well, the games I own that have Mac versions are available to install and play.
It's nice that you can backup your games so you don't have to download them all over again. If your backed up game has become out of date when you install it again, Steam downloads whatever is missing.

S

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#241728 - 12/21/10 11:35 PM

> Steam shit one bit.

I didn't like it back when I had dialup.

Now? Well... maybe a bit too much.

jopezu
bread-train
Loc: georgia
Send PM

#241729 - 12/22/10 12:57 AM

> > I bought it because it looks awesome and the price is right but I don't like this
> > Steam shit one bit.
>
> I can appreciate the concerns, but for me the convenience of it outweighs any of the
> drawbacks. All of the games I've bought are associated with my account. I can install
> Steam on any machine I'm using and have access to everything. No digging for install
> discs or CD keys or authorizations, just download whatever I want to play and go.

same here as well.

the initial steam launch was utter shit, but afterwards, it's really evened up and become a good platform.

i learned everything i know from KC

Pr3tty F1y
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/18/05
Send PM

Re: Super Meat Boy new [Re: PokeMAME]
#241730 - 12/22/10 01:58 AM

> > Steam shit one bit.
>
> Just before Thanksgiving, I bought a $9.99 Star Trek game at Target.
>
> I didn't look close enough at the package and didn't notice the Steam logo until
> after I was installing it.
>
> Everything seemed to be OK but the next morning my PC was acting sluggish so I tried
> to reboot it.
>
> The "Windows is shutting down" message was up for way too long so I hit the reset
> button.
>
> Big mistake!!!!! Boot -- blue screen -- boot -- blue screen.... I couldn't even boot
> into Safe Mode or any other mode!?!?!?!?!
>
> My data was OK but I ended up installing a new drive with Windows 7 on it and copying
> everything over. (I was intending to do this eventually anyways but it sucks having
> to copy and reinstall and update everything.)
>
> I didn't even think about Steam being the culprit until 2 days later but I'll bet it
> was THAT STEAMING PILE OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

doubt it.

igamabob
Mixed Nut
Loc: Ohio
Send PM

Re: Super Meat Boy new [Re: Pr3tty F1y]
#241746 - 12/22/10 07:00 AM

> > > I bought it because it looks awesome and the price is right but I don't like this
> > > Steam shit one bit.
> >
> > Just before Thanksgiving, I bought a $9.99 Star Trek game at Target.
> >
> > I didn't look close enough at the package and didn't notice the Steam logo until
> > after I was installing it.
> >
> > Everything seemed to be OK but the next morning my PC was acting sluggish so I
> tried
> > to reboot it.
> >
> > The "Windows is shutting down" message was up for way too long so I hit the reset
> > button.
> >
> > Big mistake!!!!! Boot -- blue screen -- boot -- blue screen.... I couldn't even
> boot
> > into Safe Mode or any other mode!?!?!?!?!
> >
> > My data was OK but I ended up installing a new drive with Windows 7 on it and
> copying
> > everything over. (I was intending to do this eventually anyways but it sucks having
> > to copy and reinstall and update everything.)
> >
> > I didn't even think about Steam being the culprit until 2 days later but I'll bet
> it
> > was THAT STEAMING PILE OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> doubt it.

Seconded. Been using Steam since the first public beta, never ran into any Starforce-like behavior.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: Super Meat Boy new [Re: igamabob]
#241773 - 12/22/10 09:53 PM

> > > > I bought it because it looks awesome and the price is right but I don't like
> this
> > > > Steam shit one bit.
> > >
> > > Just before Thanksgiving, I bought a $9.99 Star Trek game at Target.
> > >
> > > I didn't look close enough at the package and didn't notice the Steam logo until
> > > after I was installing it.
> > >
> > > Everything seemed to be OK but the next morning my PC was acting sluggish so I
> > tried
> > > to reboot it.
> > >
> > > The "Windows is shutting down" message was up for way too long so I hit the reset
> > > button.
> > >
> > > Big mistake!!!!! Boot -- blue screen -- boot -- blue screen.... I couldn't even
> > boot
> > > into Safe Mode or any other mode!?!?!?!?!
> > >
> > > My data was OK but I ended up installing a new drive with Windows 7 on it and
> > copying
> > > everything over. (I was intending to do this eventually anyways but it sucks
> having
> > > to copy and reinstall and update everything.)
> > >
> > > I didn't even think about Steam being the culprit until 2 days later but I'll bet
> > it
> > > was THAT STEAMING PILE OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > doubt it.
>
> Seconded. Been using Steam since the first public beta, never ran into any
> Starforce-like behavior.

That sounds to me like something an ANTIVIRUS would do.

I had Comodo and it kept insisting Steam was a threat to my system and wouldn't let me play a single game. It's just a threat to my wallet, but nothing more.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 134 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1484