View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

ronmarsh99
OldSchoolGuy
Reged: 06/07/08
Send PM

about some games
#240880 - 12/10/10 04:32 AM

Why is it when some games r loaded they all ready have credits loaded all ready? is there a way to fix this.

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: about some games new [Re: ronmarsh99]
#240885 - 12/10/10 05:08 AM

> Why is it when some games r loaded they all ready have credits loaded all ready? is
> there a way to fix this.

Some games (like the Midway MK and NBA series, and just about every gambling game in existence) save the credits in case of power outages. When you close MAME, it is essentially pulling the plug of the machine, rather than doing a 'soft' shutdown. If Windows 9x was installed on an emulated arcade machine in MAME, you'd be staring at SCANDISK more times than not if you always closed the game with Escape without shutting it down! That would be more common with MESS though, once the PC drivers are sorted out.

ronmarsh99
OldSchoolGuy
Send PM

Re: about some games new [Re: Heihachi_73]
#240888 - 12/10/10 06:06 AM

some games I will run out the credits , there will be no more credits and I will shut the game down, once I boot up the game again there will be credits added, I've seen this with a few games.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

#240890 - 12/10/10 06:22 AM

> some games I will run out the credits , there will be no more credits and I will shut
> the game down, once I boot up the game again there will be credits added, I've seen
> this with a few games.

There are some emulation problems which cause credits to be automagically entered when booted.. such as certain stv.c games, some snes bootlegs and a few other random games. Can you list any specifically that aren't mentioned and that are not gambling-type titles?

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

#240893 - 12/10/10 06:43 AM

> Why is it when some games r loaded they all ready have credits loaded all ready? is

Maybe you have save state enabled for those games.

S

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: about some games new [Re: Tafoid]
#240896 - 12/10/10 06:56 AM

Fair warning: this sounds like the lament of someone trying to do things we don't approve of here. Maybe it's not, but that's the sort of person I'd expect to be most upset by that sort of behavior.

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

#240904 - 12/10/10 11:03 AM

Have you tried the easy solutions?
Delete the nvram(1st & only for that game),sta, cfg & ini files and re-start the game in MAME?
That should help. If I'm wrong, sorry.

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

ronmarsh99
OldSchoolGuy
Send PM

Re: about some games new [Re: R. Belmont]
#240938 - 12/10/10 10:23 PM

R. Belmont I'm not asking because of what you think, I have a home machine I made 100 % I would like it to be ran 100 % , I've had my machine for just about 3 years now and it not left my house. it's a keeper, if you like I can post some pictures for you, I've posted some a long time ago, I would just like it so when I have people over every game is the same. as a matter of fact my machine is right beside the PC.

just a few games I know of that have this problem.

defender
qix
and I think Robotron also does it.

Thanks for the help, I will try a few thing others have posted.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

#240943 - 12/11/10 12:19 AM

> R. Belmont I'm not asking because of what you think, I have a home machine I made 100
> % I would like it to be ran 100 % , I've had my machine for just about 3 years now
> and it not left my house. it's a keeper, if you like I can post some pictures for
> you, I've posted some a long time ago, I would just like it so when I have people
> over every game is the same. as a matter of fact my machine is right beside the PC.
>
> just a few games I know of that have this problem.
>
> defender
> qix
> and I think Robotron also does it.
>
> Thanks for the help, I will try a few thing others have posted.

In those cases above, the credit value is stored in the battery backup for the machine (the .nv file in NVRAM folder). This is by design and truthful to the arcade.
willams.c and qix.c drivers are largely the same in this behavior. This means you need to delete the .NV file, but you'll lose the high scores too which are stored there and may have to re-setup the game on every play.

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#240955 - 12/11/10 03:46 AM

It annoys me too when someone decides to credit up to 99 and then only play 3 or so credits through; luckily for me, the Mortal Kombats have a credit purge feature though.

If your game doesn't have a cancel credit feature, and you don't want to delete your NVRAM, voiding any high scores which might be saved depending on the game, you could always start a game, then reset (F3) it, then continue starting and resetting it until there's nothing left. Hopefully the game in question doesn't reimburse any credits lost in an 'incomplete game' though.

"The Manuel"
Old Fart
Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Michigan, USA
Send PM

#241364 - 12/16/10 08:47 PM

Or use hitotext to retrive the high scores and then add them to a brand new file...

>
> If your game doesn't have a cancel credit feature, and you don't want to delete your
> NVRAM, voiding any high scores which might be saved depending on the game, you could
> always start a game, then reset (F3) it, then continue starting and resetting it
> until there's nothing left. Hopefully the game in question doesn't reimburse any
> credits lost in an 'incomplete game' though.

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

#241402 - 12/17/10 04:21 AM

> > Why is it when some games r loaded they all ready have credits loaded all ready? is
> > there a way to fix this.
>
> Some games (like the Midway MK and NBA series, and just about every gambling game in
> existence) save the credits in case of power outages. When you close MAME, it is
> essentially pulling the plug of the machine, rather than doing a 'soft' shutdown.

How do you soft shutdown in MAME then?

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

abelenki
Super Drunk
Reged: 10/20/03
Loc: Perm, Russia
Send PM

Re: about some games new [Re: Master O]
#241408 - 12/17/10 05:53 AM

> > > Why is it when some games r loaded they all ready have credits loaded all ready?
> is
> > > there a way to fix this.
> >
> > Some games (like the Midway MK and NBA series, and just about every gambling game
> in
> > existence) save the credits in case of power outages. When you close MAME, it is
> > essentially pulling the plug of the machine, rather than doing a 'soft' shutdown.
>
> How do you soft shutdown in MAME then?

soft reset maybe?

MAME Stuff | MAME favorites | Bubble Bobble Series chart / wiki | PC configuration

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 301 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2472