MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

Looks like news stations are the same wherever you go
#240094 - 12/01/10 08:37 PM

Every time it snows here in Denver, we have similar news stories. It snows EVERY WINTER here....why is it the top story every night?! I've always wondered why they make reporters stand right in the middle of crappy weather.

keshbach1
Reged: 08/26/05
Send PM

Re: Looks like news stations are the same wherever you go new [Re: Hizzout]
#240098 - 12/01/10 08:59 PM

> Every time it snows here in Denver, we have similar news stories. It snows EVERY
> WINTER here....why is it the top story every night?! I've always wondered why they
> make reporters stand right in the middle of crappy weather.

So basically your telling us that Orc is snowed into his dungeon until the spring.

Kevin Eshbach

Hizzout
Send PM

Re: Looks like news stations are the same wherever you go new [Re: keshbach1]
#240101 - 12/01/10 09:11 PM

Not unless he wants to face certain death from the freezing plague from the sky.

Allnatural
No Preservatives
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Toledo, OH. USA
Send PM

#240103 - 12/01/10 09:20 PM

> Every time it snows here in Denver, we have similar news stories. It snows EVERY
> WINTER here....why is it the top story every night?! I've always wondered why they

Yeah, every year people treat it like some new thing they've never seen before (or driven in, idiots).

I really hate being out in the pouring rain (a cold rain at that) and hearing some asshole say: "at least it's not snow!" I could argue that I get less *wet* in the snow, but in the end there really isn't much difference to me.

Hizzout
Send PM

Re: Looks like news stations are the same wherever you go new [Re: Allnatural]
#240104 - 12/01/10 09:33 PM

I hate snow period. I've lived in Colorado my entire life, and have still never skied or snowboarded. It looks like fun, don't get me wrong but I just hate being cold.

Give me a beach any day over a frosty mountain.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

#240107 - 12/01/10 10:46 PM

I would like to see snowing someday but it would need temperature to drop from 0°C to below. The minimum here has been 4°C, so if it gets less it's just for a couple of hours. The other alternative would be to climb a volcano, like Popocatépetl, Iztaccíhuatl or Xinantécatl but i don't feel like it.

igamabob
Mixed Nut
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Ohio
Send PM

Re: Looks like news stations are the same wherever you go new [Re: Allnatural]
#240108 - 12/01/10 10:49 PM

> > Every time it snows here in Denver, we have similar news stories. It snows EVERY
> > WINTER here....why is it the top story every night?! I've always wondered why they
> > make reporters stand right in the middle of crappy weather.
>
> Yeah, every year people treat it like some new thing they've never seen before (or
> driven in, idiots).
>
> I really hate being out in the pouring rain (a cold rain at that) and hearing some
> asshole say: "at least it's not snow!" I could argue that I get less *wet* in the
> snow, but in the end there really isn't much difference to me.

I used to work in a local grocery store. Without fail, on bad snow days, I'd hear at least one customer say to another customer 'You'd have to be nuts to be out on a day like this'.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

I hate when they say "60% chance of rain"... and it IS raining. new [Re: Hizzout]
#240110 - 12/01/10 11:37 PM

Update, my fellow weatherman... once it actually rains, the chances that is might rain become 100%.

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

In Japan... new [Re: GatKong]
#240116 - 12/02/10 01:00 AM

I've seen 100% chance of rain predictions (before it actually rains where I'm at, anyway) and I've also seen 0% chance.

Yes, the Japanese are both smart AND convinced

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Loc: Britland
Send PM

Re: In Japan... new [Re: URherenow]
#240205 - 12/03/10 01:14 AM

> I've seen 100% chance of rain predictions (before it actually rains where I'm at,
> anyway) and I've also seen 0% chance.
>
> Yes, the Japanese are both smart AND convinced

When it turns out to be inaccurate do the weathermen have to commit ritual suicide by slicing their own stomachs open or bring dishonour on their families for 10 generations?

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Re: In Japan... new [Re: Fever]
#240207 - 12/03/10 01:55 AM

No, but back in the day a samurai who failed his master would have himself beheaded

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 390 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1767