MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU Update: Shakka to Tambourine 2001 Power Up!
#238715 - 11/12/10 07:10 AM

We got "Shakka to Tambourine 2001 Power Up!" today. The game name sounds like some gibberish I would make up but it's actually a pretty awesome Naomi game from 2001. It's a rhythm game where you played a tambourine and sensors detected the movement and timing and the tambourine has a button in the center for "clap" parts. The cabinet was pretty awesome and it was supposedly really fun. I'm not sure how well the controls will be able to be emulated on a PC. This is the 3rd game in the Shakka series. These are really hard to come by. We were able to buy this stuff because the cab they were in deteriorated horribly bad and the whole thing basically fell apart and had to be thrown out, but with the electronics salvaged.

http://smitdogg.mameworld.info/pics/shakka2.jpg
http://smitdogg.mameworld.info/pics/shakka3.jpg

Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Send PM

Re: DU Update: Shakka to Tambourine 2001 Power Up! new [Re: Smitdogg]
#238740 - 11/12/10 01:22 PM

hmm i think the controls should\could be emulated like samba de amigo(the interface with the little "donuts"look the same as SDA),or as an analog joystick that autocenter,much like my ps2 joypad..

ShimaPong
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/12/05
Send PM

#238741 - 11/12/10 01:54 PM

> Shakka to Tambourine 2001 Power Up!
The title and sub-title doesn't include "2001". Correct Japanese title is "Shakka-to Tambourine Chou-power Up Chu!" (Sega Future Research Development team/Sega).
This 3rd version was released at 11.2001 also 2nd version was at 04.2001.

[TIPS]
Secret Modes
=== Easy Double ===
In the mode selection screen, move cursor to Easy then shake a tambourine 10 times and press a button on a tambourine.

=== Another Hard Mode ===
In the mode selection screen, move cursor to Hard then shake a tambourine 10 times and press a button on a tambourine.

=== Another Cooperation Mode ===
In the mode selection screen, move cursor to Cooperation then shake a tambourine 10 times and press a button on a tambourine.

=== Super Hard ===
In the mode selection screen, press (select button's) Up, Down, Up, Down, Tap (a tambourine), Up, Down, Up, Down, Up

=== Anothe Double Mode ===
In the mode selection screen, press Up, Down, Down, Down, Up, Down, Down, Tap, Up, Down

=== Marathon Mode ===
In the mode selection screen, press Down, Down, Tap, Up, Up, Up, Down, Up, Down, Up

"Any company has no power to stop people emulating"
MAME is the emulator of no giving in the pressure from any company even if they don't allow

Alexis B.
Historian
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Cannes, FRANCE
Send PM

Re: DU Update: Shakka to Tambourine 2001 Power Up! new [Re: ShimaPong]
#238742 - 11/12/10 02:00 PM

added, thanks for the tips and the name correction.

See my collection: here

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#238744 - 11/12/10 03:23 PM

> > Shakka to Tambourine 2001 Power Up!
> The title and sub-title doesn't include "2001". Correct Japanese title is "Shakka-to
> Tambourine Chou-power Up Chu!"

Cool. I like that name even better.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU Update: Shakka to Tambourine 2001 Power Up! new [Re: Solstar]
#238745 - 11/12/10 03:24 PM

Yes I'm sure you're right. I'm still having issues with the Naomi emulators on my PC and haven't run that game yet or else I would have known that already.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#238814 - 11/13/10 05:56 AM

> hmm i think the controls should\could be emulated like samba de amigo(the interface
> with the little "donuts"look the same as SDA),or as an analog joystick that
> autocenter,much like my ps2 joypad..

I was going to say, that screenshot made me think of a Samba De Amigo reskin...

Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Send PM

#238822 - 11/13/10 01:19 PM

> Yes I'm sure you're right. I'm still having issues with the Naomi emulators on my PC
> and haven't run that game yet or else I would have known that already.

yeah i sometimes have issue with controls too,especially in some games,like zombie revenge and samba de amigo,where i think the controls are not properly emulated

ShimaPong
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/12/05
Send PM

#238826 - 11/13/10 03:48 PM

> zombie revenge
In my country, this game has standard 8-way lever and 3 buttons. So what unique controller is used in your country?

Shakka-to was ported to Playstation as Mini-moni Shakka-to Tambourine Dapyon! with specified Tambourine controller (developed by Ascii).

I hear that a developer of Shakka-to is from Jaleco (and he had created some music game accused by Konami) and this series are too similar to Samba De Amigo by Sonic Team so that Yuji Naka gone to his development section to make a violent protest.

"Any company has no power to stop people emulating"
MAME is the emulator of no giving in the pressure from any company even if they don't allow

Nomax
Ryo Hazuki
Reged: 11/19/03
Loc: Belgium
Send PM

#239503 - 11/22/10 05:44 PM

> > zombie revenge
> In my country, this game has standard 8-way lever and 3 buttons. So what unique
> controller is used in your country?

Zombie Revenge was originally sold with analog joysticks. But many conversions use standard digital joysticks as the game accepts both (control style can be selected in test mode).

--------------------
NPlayers.ini - The multiplayer description file for MAME. (Linux user #448789)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 636 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3904