MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Blackbelt in Google Fu needed
#238295 - 11/08/10 03:15 AM Attachment: Screen shot 2010-11-07 at 7.14.01 PM.png 288 KB (0 downloads)

I hate the "new" google "feature" in image searches, wherein you click the image, and instead of taking you to the image, and not even to it's parent page... you now get some gay lame grey version of the page with a superimposed window of the "image" itself... which still isn't the "image" per se since you can't right click for properties and whatnot... and you need to request google to let-the-hell-go to get to the actual image's page.

I've searched Google, and while I see how to customize the images results page.. I don't see where you can turn this crap feature off.

Any known Google-Fu move that will render this feature immobilized or incapacitated?

Betcha didn't see that shit coming did you?

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

Re: Blackbelt in Google Fu needed new [Re: GatKong]
#238307 - 11/08/10 05:41 AM

Found a way to do it. But it is not pretty.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Web%20Search/thread?tid=4096b4cdca9ce647&hl=en

Last item in the tread.

They set IE to use compatibility mode when visiting google.com. Apparently google decides how it looks depending on your browser string. Just gave it a try and it works with IE. I think there are plugins for the other browsers that let you impersonate other browsers.

The closest I could get it using firefox was using the setting at the bottom of the image page (and it only works for the current session). That gets you the old search window but not the old preview window.

If you are just trying to get just the image the link over on the right says full size image and takes you directly there. It is not much different than what they used to have. It is a tad annoying in that the old one you could just start scrolling around. The new one you have to click on it to get rid of it.

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Sortbælte i Google-Fu søges new [Re: GatKong]
#238365 - 11/08/10 06:51 PM

> I hate the "new" google "feature" in image searches, wherein you click the image, and
> instead of taking you to the image, and not even to it's parent page... you now get
> some gay lame grey version of the page with a superimposed window of the "image"
> itself... which still isn't the "image" per se since you can't right click for
> properties and whatnot... and you need to request google to let-the-hell-go to get to
> the actual image's page.
>
> I've searched Google, and while I see how to customize the images results page.. I
> don't see where you can turn this crap feature off.
>
> Any known Google-Fu move that will render this feature immobilized or incapacitated?
>
> Betcha didn't see that shit coming did you?

igamabob
Mixed Nut
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Ohio
Send PM

Fnord -nt- new [Re: Sune]
#238473 - 11/09/10 05:55 PM

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 107 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1355