MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

dylanx
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/06/10
Send PM

Auto Rotate Screen HELP!!
#238175 - 11/06/10 03:30 AM

it seems that every time i run any game on mame, within about 30 seconds into the game, the screen automatically rotates on me. i also downloaded many different versions of mame as well, i currently have windows 7 64 bit and mame32 0.90u1 if that info is needed. i really need help on how i can stop the screen from rotating.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Auto Rotate Screen HELP!! new [Re: dylanx]
#238180 - 11/06/10 04:18 AM

> it seems that every time i run any game on mame, within about 30 seconds into the
> game, the screen automatically rotates on me. i also downloaded many different
> versions of mame as well, i currently have windows 7 64 bit and mame32 0.90u1 if that
> info is needed. i really need help on how i can stop the screen from rotating.

Other than mentioning that you are using a severely outdated version of MAME (approaching 6 years) - I suspect your issues are related to your video. On-board... Intel?
There is a shortcut (hotkey) which normal users would not do but MAME users do all the time which causes screen rotation (Ctrl+Alt+Arrow). You'd need to disable this via your control panel - display settings. I'm unsure where it is on Windows 7.

If that's not the problem, perhaps someone else has a solution.

One question, what is the draw to 0.90u1 for people? Is it because it's part of a torrent package or something? Why did you choose 0.90u1?

dylanx
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Auto Rotate Screen HELP!! new [Re: Tafoid]
#238181 - 11/06/10 04:34 AM

well i just googled mame32, and this was one of the results that i didnt download yet, if you could post a link to the latest mame emu, that would be swell

dylanx
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Auto Rotate Screen HELP!! new [Re: Tafoid]
#238182 - 11/06/10 04:39 AM

well actually... ive just noticed that when i was playing marvel vs capcom, ctrl and alt are buttons used to play the game and the arrows move your character, so maybe that was the case

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Auto Rotate Screen HELP!! new [Re: dylanx]
#238184 - 11/06/10 06:05 AM

> well i just googled mame32, and this was one of the results that i didnt download
> yet, if you could post a link to the latest mame emu, that would be swell

Ah-ha! Google results for "mame32", result #5.

Anyhow, dylanx, MAME32 is now called MAMEUI. If you want the current version, go here:
http://www.mameui.info/

However, you should know that we largely provide assistance on MAME, not MAME32. They support MAMEUI here: http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=mameui

- Stiletto

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Auto Rotate Screen HELP!! new [Re: Stiletto]
#238200 - 11/06/10 04:28 PM

And by the way, 64-bit versions of the newest MAME are much faster on 64-bit Windows 7, so upgrading is a good idea.

Regarding the rotation, wasn't there an Intel driver that somehow decided MAME needed to be rotated even without the hotkeys? I vaguely remember a plague of that like 5 or 6 years ago.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 384 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 5172