View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Obama responds to Dems losing the House
#237887 - 11/03/10 03:29 AM Attachment: OBAMA.mp3 25 KB (17 downloads)

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Obama responds to Dems losing the House new [Re: GatKong]
#237892 - 11/03/10 07:40 AM

Y'know, I think I'll just avoid installing quicktime for now.

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: Obama responds to Dems losing the House new [Re: TriggerFin]
#237901 - 11/03/10 02:21 PM

> Y'know, I think I'll just avoid installing quicktime for now.

I'll avoid it forever!

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

VLC media player browser plugin_nt new [Re: TriggerFin]
#237918 - 11/03/10 05:43 PM

> Y'know, I think I'll just avoid installing quicktime for now.

S

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

Re: Obama responds to Dems losing the House new [Re: GatKong]
#237929 - 11/03/10 08:47 PM

I voted for all non-Democrat candidates in my state but none of them won. I did however successfully repeal the state sales tax on booze. So it all evens out I suppose.

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

keshbach1
Reged: 08/26/05
Send PM

Re: Obama responds to Dems losing the House new [Re: redk9258]
#237931 - 11/03/10 08:55 PM

> > Y'know, I think I'll just avoid installing quicktime for now.
>
> I'll avoid it forever!

You're making Steve Jobs very angry and when he is angry the Cult of Apple go on the offensive. If we find you behind a bricked up wall of iPads we'll know what happened.

Kevin Eshbach

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

It's an embedded MP3 file new [Re: TriggerFin]
#237962 - 11/04/10 02:51 AM

Quicktime is your default mp3 player?

redk9258
Regular
Send PM

Re: Obama responds to Dems losing the House new [Re: keshbach1]
#237965 - 11/04/10 03:40 AM

I'll use my Enermax power supply to zap my way through the Ipad fortress and escape the clutches of Steve!

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

I don't get the democratic hate. new [Re: GatKong]
#237967 - 11/04/10 03:51 AM

We didn't get into this mess because of the democrats. We didn't get into this mess because of republicans. We got into this mess because of politics, politicians, and greedy SOBs.

I hate to say it, and normally I'm all about rocking the vote...but the strongest message anyone could have made this election was to stay at home.

Voting all to one party to make a statement just says "I'm sick of this side fucking up, lets let the other side screw with us this term". It's also a great example of how shitty politicians get into office in the first place.

redk9258
Regular
Send PM

Re: I don't get the democratic hate. new [Re: italie]
#237972 - 11/04/10 04:33 AM

> We didn't get into this mess because of the democrats. We didn't get into this mess
> because of republicans. We got into this mess because of politics, politicians, and
> greedy SOBs.
>
> I hate to say it, and normally I'm all about rocking the vote...but the strongest
> message anyone could have made this election was to stay at home.
>
> Voting all to one party to make a statement just says "I'm sick of this side fucking
> up, lets let the other side screw with us this term". It's also a great example of
> how shitty politicians get into office in the first place.

AGREE!!

Here are a couple of things that would make our country a much better place to live..

1. No adding shit onto a bill that doesn't belong there just to sneak shit in. All bills should be able to be read by any American with average reading skills, not just Lawyers!

2. All health care should be NON PROFIT. That is.. no dividends paid to insurance companies stockholders. All hospitals should be non profit. I'm not saying they shouldn't make enough money to stay afloat and make needed improvements, just not pay stockholders.

3. All energy should be NON PROFIT. Your electric company should not stick it in your ass then pay the stockholders big dividends. Same for oil companies. They don't need to make so much fucking money!

4. All insurance should be NON PROFIT. They don't need to see who can charge us the most since we are stuck buying it!

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

#237978 - 11/04/10 06:33 AM

> I hate to say it, and normally I'm all about rocking the vote...but the strongest
>
> Voting all to one party to make a statement just says "I'm sick of this side fucking
> up, lets let the other side screw with us this term". It's also a great example of
> how shitty politicians get into office in the first place.

I’ve come to the realization that both major parties are fully stocked with corporate-owned liars and/or hypocrites owned by religious organizations. Going forward, I refuse to vote for Democrat or Republican candidates ever again. Fuck 'em. Right in the ear.

So, I voted for this guy from the Green Party because he looks like Doug Henning crossed with Weird Al...

http://www.heacockforcongress2010.org

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

Pi
Allergic to life
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Amen, brother (nt) new [Re: italie]
#237989 - 11/04/10 12:30 PM

Politics suck. Even the way to divide politics into left and right winged thingies sucks.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#238030 - 11/04/10 06:49 PM

People always talk about that, but I'm really not sure it sends a message at all. Or at least, not one that's heard by anyone who matters. Maybe if turnout were catastrophically low, like 1000 people nationwide voted in the election, it would make a difference. But in the real world, if all the disillusioned people stay home, the hardcore supporters of each side still go out, somebody wins and it's business as usual. As long as they win, I doubt too many politicians worry much about raw number of votes they received.

I suppose a "none of the above" option on the ballot would help some. At least you'd get a solid count of the number of people who took the time to go to the polls and say "both of these guys suck".

Pi
Allergic to life
Send PM

Re: I don't get the democratic hate. new [Re: DMala]
#238037 - 11/04/10 07:51 PM

> I suppose a "none of the above" option on the ballot would help some. At least you'd
> get a solid count of the number of people who took the time to go to the polls and
> say "both of these guys suck".

I always thought of this too, but I doubt it could be implemented. Political choices are by nature very polarized, like in the European Constitution polls; basically the choices you had were "yes" and "no". However the question was not about if we wanted that constitution. If you voted yes, you would be interpreted as "yes I want a constitution and the presented one sounds nice to me". If you voted no, you would be interpreted as "no, I don't want a constitution". What if, as I did, you want a constitution, but the proposed one sounded like shit to you? You didn't have a third choice. And the reason that third choice wasn't there is because it would have probably won, rejecting the proposed constitution and delaying any implementation for years or decades.

Two persons can have a decent, logic and respectful. But politics are about more than two persons, and they look as childish arguements. International politics are pretty much like a baby school yard.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.

H@P
Lurker in perpetuity
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Seattle area
Send PM

redk9258 2012 new [Re: redk9258]
#238039 - 11/04/10 08:22 PM

I'd vote for you.

And I want to know _specifically_ who is in whose back pocket. I want an online database where you put in a name and you get back a list of _all_ money/gifts/whatever they've accepted from lobbyists/corporations/whatever. Greedy corrupt basts.

H@P

And if Palin takes up residence in Washington in 2012?

Edited by H@P (11/04/10 08:28 PM)

keshbach1
Reged: 08/26/05
Send PM

Re: redk9258 2012 new [Re: H@P]
#238040 - 11/04/10 08:37 PM

> And if Palin takes up residence in Washington in 2012?

"Who's Nailin' Palin in Washington" will be released shortly after.

Kevin Eshbach

Pi
Allergic to life
Send PM

#238046 - 11/04/10 09:32 PM

> And if Palin takes up residence in Washington in 2012?

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.

What the hell are you looking at? Do I have a fucking three-headed monkey behind my fucking back or what?

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

#238051 - 11/04/10 10:26 PM

> I'd vote for you.
>
> And I want to know _specifically_ who is in whose back pocket. I want an online
> database where you put in a name and you get back a list of _all_
> money/gifts/whatever they've accepted from lobbyists/corporations/whatever. Greedy
> corrupt basts.
>
> H@P

This might help some
http://www.opensecrets.org/influence/index.php

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: It's an embedded MP3 file new [Re: GatKong]
#238062 - 11/05/10 12:23 AM

> Quicktime is your default mp3 player?

No, because it seems I don't have it, but it is the plug-in that wanted to be installed for the post. At the moment mp3s are played by WMP, as I haven't installed much here.

More on the subject of elections, though, the results of the Colorado Governor race were almost enough to shake things up -- but since they got over 10%, the Republicans didn't lose status there, so I guess they won't really be hearing the message that they aren't offering what people want in a conservative party.

Locally, everyone/thing I voted for won, but most of them were unopposed anyway.

Edited by TriggerFin (11/05/10 12:40 AM)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 178 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2905