MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Chris Evans does not look like Captain America
#237699 - 10/30/10 06:40 AM

And he already played as Human Torch in Fantastic 4.

Fucking dumb.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Chris Evans does not look like Captain America new [Re: Smitdogg]
#237704 - 10/30/10 11:10 AM

Reusing actors makes it cheaper when they do Avengers.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#237712 - 10/30/10 05:52 PM

> And he already played as Human Torch in Fantastic 4.
>
> Fucking dumb.

... Have we seen the same pictures?

Because he looks okay. Even if he was completely useless as Johnny Storm.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Chris Evans does not look like Captain America new [Re: Foxhack]
#237713 - 10/30/10 05:55 PM

Probably not. He looks like he's 19 years old to me and though he's in great shape and muscular and by no means "a pussy", he doesn't have enough muscle for the part in my opinion.

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

#237719 - 10/30/10 09:11 PM

> Probably not. He looks like he's 19 years old to me and though he's in great shape
> and muscular and by no means "a pussy", he doesn't have enough muscle for the part in
> my opinion.

Yes, you need a heavyweight actor to portray a heavyweight character. Someone with Vin Diesel's body and JFK's face. However in the end it doesn't matter how is the actor if they fuck it up with the script and execution. I'm thinking of Daredevil or The Spirit, just to name two.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Loc: Britland
Send PM

#237727 - 10/31/10 02:03 AM

> Probably not. He looks like he's 19 years old to me and though he's in great shape
> and muscular and by no means "a pussy", he doesn't have enough muscle for the part in
> my opinion.

Could've been worse, could have been THIS

Chris Evans!

Foxhack
Furry guy
Send PM

Re: Chris Evans does not look like Captain America new [Re: Fever]
#237729 - 10/31/10 02:47 AM

> > Probably not. He looks like he's 19 years old to me and though he's in great shape
> > and muscular and by no means "a pussy", he doesn't have enough muscle for the part
> in
> > my opinion.
>
> Could've been worse, could have been THIS
>
> Chris Evans!

Actually, he'd be great for a pre-super soldier serum Cap.

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Loc: Britland
Send PM

#237742 - 10/31/10 02:43 PM

> > > Probably not. He looks like he's 19 years old to me and though he's in great
> shape
> > > and muscular and by no means "a pussy", he doesn't have enough muscle for the
> part
> > in
> > > my opinion.
> >
> > Could've been worse, could have been THIS
> >
> > Chris Evans!
>
> Actually, he'd be great for a pre-super soldier serum Cap.

Why? does it also magically make you not ginger?
Celebs with similar name though, eh? I remember, years ago, for a while, I genuinely though Pammy had gone ahead and married Tommy-Lee Jones!

Darth Mario
Hail Hydra
Send PM

Re: Chris Evans does not look like Captain America new [Re: Pi]
#237748 - 10/31/10 04:03 PM

It's going to suck.
... and Thor too.

suckage...

AeroCityMayor
Entity formerly known as alien_mame
Reged: 11/11/03
Loc: Wakefield, West Yorks, UK.
Send PM

Re: Chris Evans does not look like Captain America new [Re: Fever]
#237771 - 10/31/10 09:37 PM

> > Probably not. He looks like he's 19 years old to me and though he's in great shape
> > and muscular and by no means "a pussy", he doesn't have enough muscle for the part
> in
> > my opinion.
>
> Could've been worse, could have been THIS
>
> Chris Evans!

F00kin' ginger twat!

...8 ...9 ...10 ... and relax!!!

Phew!

Coherance of posts inversely proportional to Foster's consumption!!!

Gemini
Loc: Georgia
Send PM

#237785 - 11/01/10 05:11 AM Attachment: Fantastic_Four-Wizard_poster.jpg 133 KB (1 downloads)

I thought that Jessica Alba was an odd choice for Sue Storm in Fantastic Four, but I still liked the movie well enough.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Chris Evans does not look like Captain America new [Re: Gemini]
#237789 - 11/01/10 05:27 AM

I think she's hot and all but I don't think the casting in those movies, well the casting was the beginning of the problems... Her and The Thing both I think turned out unnatural feeling and The Thing was corny and almost facepalm inducing at times. There were times where I was just like wow that's bad movie making right there. They're watchable but still some of the worst superhero movies that have been made. I can't believe they made a sequel. They should have remade that series instead of Spiderman. Making a new Spiderman already after the recent ones' success is just disgraceful/despicable/disrespectful.

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

#237794 - 11/01/10 10:54 AM

> I think she's hot and all but I don't think the casting in those movies, well the
> casting was the beginning of the problems... Her and The Thing both I think turned
> out unnatural feeling and The Thing was corny and almost facepalm inducing at times.
> There were times where I was just like wow that's bad movie making right there.
> They're watchable but still some of the worst superhero movies that have been made. I
> can't believe they made a sequel. They should have remade that series instead of
> Spiderman. Making a new Spiderman already after the recent ones' success is just
> disgraceful/despicable/disrespectful.

I can only agree wholeheartedly to all you said.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Foxhack
Furry guy
Send PM

#237800 - 11/01/10 02:45 PM

> I think she's hot and all but I don't think the casting in those movies, well the
> casting was the beginning of the problems... Her and The Thing both I think turned
> out unnatural feeling and The Thing was corny and almost facepalm inducing at times.
> There were times where I was just like wow that's bad movie making right there.
> They're watchable but still some of the worst superhero movies that have been made. I
> can't believe they made a sequel. They should have remade that series instead of
> Spiderman. Making a new Spiderman already after the recent ones' success is just
> disgraceful/despicable/disrespectful.

Jessica Alba can't act. At all. She's not... pushy enough to be Sue Storm.

The guy who played Reed Richards should've stayed in the 101 Dalmatian movies.

Eh, the guy who played Ben Grimm was okay. You can only take the giant guy made of rock character so far without a complete CGI character.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#237803 - 11/01/10 03:19 PM

> > I think she's hot and all but I don't think the casting in those movies, well the
> > casting was the beginning of the problems... Her and The Thing both I think turned
> > out unnatural feeling and The Thing was corny and almost facepalm inducing at
> times.
> > There were times where I was just like wow that's bad movie making right there.
> > They're watchable but still some of the worst superhero movies that have been made.
> I
> > can't believe they made a sequel. They should have remade that series instead of
> > Spiderman. Making a new Spiderman already after the recent ones' success is just
> > disgraceful/despicable/disrespectful.
>
> Jessica Alba can't act. At all. She's not... pushy enough to be Sue Storm.

Yeah she's not that great.

> The guy who played Reed Richards should've stayed in the 101 Dalmatian movies.
>
> Eh, the guy who played Ben Grimm was okay. You can only take the giant guy made of
> rock character so far without a complete CGI character.

I think he sucked, but in his defense, his lines sucked, and it's not like he wrote them.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

#238135 - 11/05/10 09:54 PM

> > Eh, the guy who played Ben Grimm was okay. You can only take the giant guy made of
> > rock character so far without a complete CGI character.
>
> I think he sucked, but in his defense, his lines sucked, and it's not like he wrote
> them.

I think his choice of casting was inspired. But I agree, the dialogue was horrible. I wouldn't mind seeing him as The Thing again with a better director, story, and dialogue.

- Stiletto

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 81 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1998