MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

tamalmalamarrado
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/10/07
Send PM

MAME suggestion
#237694 - 10/30/10 04:50 AM Attachment: MAME.png 382 KB (2 downloads)

Hi, i have a suggestion for mame, maybe it's stupid and hard to implement, but well, i don't lost anything posting that, this picture speaks by them self. Yea, a little 3D effect in the screen as if we are playing a REAL arcade, maybe it's only possible in Windows with D3D, but i don't know, i'm not a good programmer.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

GatKong
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: MAME suggestion new [Re: tamalmalamarrado]
#237695 - 10/30/10 04:58 AM

What you describe can be done with a front-end.

You could also make your own custom artwork in the bezel art section to create the same effect.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#237697 - 10/30/10 05:58 AM

> Hi, i have a suggestion for mame, maybe it's stupid and hard to implement, but well,
> i don't lost anything posting that, this picture speaks by them self. Yea, a little
> 3D effect in the screen as if we are playing a REAL arcade, maybe it's only possible
> in Windows with D3D, but i don't know, i'm not a good programmer.

Meh, not for me. The last thing I want is more wasted screen space, until the actual game is a little postage stamp in the middle of the screen. I usually don't even turn bezels on for that reason.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#237698 - 10/30/10 06:30 AM

It was done years ago in Stretchmame so you could grab an old version of that and do it on games that have been supported for years. It's pretty useless to me, doesn't look authentic, on a real arcade machine you move around and can tilt your head etc. Anyway I wouldn't care if it was added as an option but would never use it. Ditto for the fishbowl stuff.

yoeddy
Sound perfectionist
Reged: 12/27/03
Loc: Boise, Idaho
Send PM

Re: MAME suggestion new [Re: DMala]
#237702 - 10/30/10 08:54 AM

> > Hi, i have a suggestion for mame, maybe it's stupid and hard to implement, but
> well,
> > i don't lost anything posting that, this picture speaks by them self. Yea, a little
> > 3D effect in the screen as if we are playing a REAL arcade, maybe it's only
> possible
> > in Windows with D3D, but i don't know, i'm not a good programmer.
>
> Meh, not for me. The last thing I want is more wasted screen space, until the actual
> game is a little postage stamp in the middle of the screen. I usually don't even turn
> bezels on for that reason.

Same here. I think bezels are cool, but I leave them off because it shrinks the game down so much. Give me backgrounds all day long though.

CrapBoardSoftware
My real name is banned dickhead
Reged: 01/03/06
Loc: Wisconsin
Send PM

Re: MAME suggestion new [Re: GatKong]
#237708 - 10/30/10 02:33 PM

> What you describe can be done with a front-end.

How? IIRC the fishbowl effect is only implemented in FBA/WinKawaks (either one).

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: MAME suggestion new [Re: yoeddy]
#237709 - 10/30/10 04:04 PM

For people who use modern wide screen monitors though, you can have the bezels cropped where they just fill the blank space on the left and right of the screen area. That's how I keep mine as default, but I occasionally dabble in the full bezel arena.

They're all worth downloading anyway just to look at/reference.

zambr
MAME Fanatic
Reged: 04/12/09
Send PM

Re: MAME suggestion new [Re: CrapBoardSoftware]
#237717 - 10/30/10 08:05 PM

Could do something really cool with this. Say, have this on the OK screen. When OK pressed, screen area tilts then zooms into normal full screen. It would need to be switched off as default i guess.

Yeah, this would be fun (but would be very time consuming to code i would imagine, unless same model cab area is used for all). You obviously could argue though that this should only be included in another port of MAME.

Anyway, one thing that would be more suitable to core MAME in my opinion, is on UI game list screen is ability to view just one snap shot per game, when moving down the current game display list. It doesn't need anything else, just that (maybe have the snap appear full screen, and slightly blurred behind the text part of the screen).

Edited by zambr (10/30/10 09:05 PM)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 142 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2995