MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

After Burner
#237513 - 10/27/10 10:10 PM Attachment: After Burner.mp3 5052 KB (4 downloads)

Is it me, or did Sega release an incomplete music section in the 32x port of After Burner 2?

I recorded this from Kega, but after 3 minutes, the bass line goes out of sync and then after 4:55, it just repeats the same section of music over and over again. Not the song, but a small section of it.

It just seems strange to me since all the other tracks loop entirely

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

ShimaPong
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/12/05
Send PM

Re: After Burner new [Re: Naoki]
#237541 - 10/28/10 04:01 AM

> did Sega release an incomplete music section

Have do you play original Afterburner for 32X, not an emulator?
I have played in the past (Of course, 'real' machine), I don't think 'incomplete'.

And what source do you compare with? Because it is well known that the music of Afterburner has 2 version. One is with melody-line (recorded music for OST (I hear Sega Game Music Vol.3) is this) and another is no melody-line (it is used for Arcade version)
Sadly, you are lack of knowledge for Arcade in those days. So I can't understand.

"Any company has no power to stop people emulating"
MAME is the emulator of no giving in the pressure from any company even if they don't allow

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#237587 - 10/28/10 08:30 PM

> I recorded this from Kega, but after 3 minutes, the bass line goes out of sync and
> then after 4:55, it just repeats the same section of music over and over again. Not
> the song, but a small section of it.

32X emulation is work in progress, even on Kega.

Naoki
Send PM

Re: After Burner new [Re: R. Belmont]
#237612 - 10/29/10 02:24 AM

It's just an assumption since all other tracks work fine..

----

By gods I've found it!

Naoki
Send PM

Re: After Burner new [Re: ShimaPong]
#237613 - 10/29/10 02:27 AM

If I could buy a 32X then maybe, but last time I looked for one, it sold for £50 or more..

Did you listen to it in the sound test?

I wasn't even born when the "Golden Days" were about, so, go figure I can't compare. Plus the 32X version would have had to be reprogrammed due to the diferent chips, obviously, so this isn't related to the Arcade version of After Burner 2

----

By gods I've found it!

ShimaPong
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/12/05
Send PM

#237635 - 10/29/10 03:50 PM

> this isn't related to the Arcade version of After Burner 2
The code progression of music is the same even the hardware is different.
And 32X's PWM is very similar to PCM so that the sound will be recorded from original PCB.
Especially, ported team is 'Game's Rutsubo' and they dump original PCB then port (Space Harrier uses the same way).

Only I can confirm OST (Sega Game Music Vol,3) and After Burner II for SS (ported team is the same as 32X).
But OST is out of question because 'Final Take-off' finishes with 1 loop and other musics are similar too.
SS is very interesting. It has 3 different version with CD-DA, no melody line, with melody line and bonus trucks, first AB version.
And there are long recorded and be able to loop.

I hear but I can't confirm what is wrong you said.

Anyway, only one source is very dangerous. I know someone has reported a year based on a title screen which is only sorce but it has been closed.
So you should try to listen in other media then think again.

"Any company has no power to stop people emulating"
MAME is the emulator of no giving in the pressure from any company even if they don't allow

Naoki
Send PM

#237666 - 10/29/10 08:38 PM

I don't see many other sources. I have no 32x let alone After Burner Complete, and even one of my Mega Drive's is dead. So I couldn't check it in reality.

And listening to the Arcade version and 32x side by side, I can hear differences related to the drums and the tempo aswell, but it's the same thing really, out of sync bassline and looping segment at the end. Maybe It's intentional, maybe not, but it just sounds wierd to me that Sega would feel it to be right..

On a side note, the X-Board has some good sound to it, just annoyed M1 kept owering the volume of the sonds rnadomly ^^

----

By gods I've found it!

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#237670 - 10/29/10 09:01 PM

> On a side note, the X-Board has some good sound to it, just annoyed M1 kept owering
> the volume of the sonds rnadomly ^^

Turn off the normalizer then. Why do you think I add these options?

Naoki
Send PM

Re: After Burner new [Re: R. Belmont]
#237674 - 10/29/10 10:13 PM

I had no clue what the normalizer was for....

----

By gods I've found it!

gamerfan
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/01/10
Send PM

#237685 - 10/30/10 02:26 AM

I want to know this Prototype game Battle Bird from Irem. Can you tell me if this game had true 3D graphics (polygons), Pseudo 3D (Isometric) similar to Zaxxon, or did it use 2D graphics with a 3D view similar to Sega's After Burner?

Links:
http://unmamed.mameworld.info/pics/battlebird_magscan1.jpg
http://unmamed.mameworld.info/pics/battlebird_magscan2.jpg

Naoki
Send PM

Re: After Burner new [Re: gamerfan]
#237701 - 10/30/10 08:52 AM

As far as the MAg Shots tell, it looks like it's an After Burner style game, but has a holographic effect because of the two screens.

Also, that question should be in it's own thread, since it's not related to this one.

----

By gods I've found it!

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#237705 - 10/30/10 12:40 PM

AFAICT it uses polarising filters to direct the image from one monitor to each eye. This allows true stereoscopic 3D.

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#237706 - 10/30/10 01:06 PM

> I had no clue what the normalizer was for....

All arcade games have different volumes.

Example: Run Point Blank in MAME (coin up and hit 1P start), put your speakers up to match the music, then run World Class Bowling!

gamerfan
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/01/10
Send PM

Re: After Burner new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#237723 - 10/30/10 11:38 PM

I know that, even it it uses a polarising filters to direct the image to the eye from one monitor to create a stereoscopic 3D, Does it uses Polygons? This is the question I'm trying to get answers. Are there any polygons used in this game?

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

#238146 - 11/05/10 11:00 PM

> I know that, even it it uses a polarising filters to direct the image to the eye from
> one monitor to create a stereoscopic 3D, Does it uses Polygons? This is the question
> I'm trying to get answers. Are there any polygons used in this game?

My educated guess is "No", but I don't really know. It's probably called "3D" because it's stereoscopic. You have to be careful when you are researching stuff like this.

However, if someone knows the answer (or in fact knows where to acquire this game), I'm all ears.

- Stiletto

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 472 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2690