Re: bsnes new [Re: H@P]
#236862 - 10/20/10 09:16 PM

> bsnes Homepage
>
> I am sad
>
>
> H@P

"Rather than being understanding and rational as I suspected, it turns out that most people are instead highly aggressive and defensive when they discover that their computers are not fast enough to run certain software programs. Rather than simply admit that perhaps their hardware is showing its age, they lash out at the software developers, completely oblivious to the realities of what emulation means, and blind comparisons are made to other software programs with completely opposing philosophies as justification as to why said software programs should run faster."

I'm glad he finally realized this about people. Now he just needs to learn how to make popcorn.

Kevin Eshbach

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Britland
Send PM

Re: bsnes new [Re: keshbach1]
#236868 - 10/20/10 09:58 PM

> > bsnes Homepage
> >
> > I am sad
> >
> >
> > H@P
>
> "Rather than being understanding and rational as I suspected, it turns out that most
> people are instead highly aggressive and defensive when they discover that their
> computers are not fast enough to run certain software programs. Rather than simply
> admit that perhaps their hardware is showing its age, they lash out at the software
> developers, completely oblivious to the realities of what emulation means, and blind
> comparisons are made to other software programs with completely opposing philosophies
> as justification as to why said software programs should run faster."
>
> I'm glad he finally realized this about people. Now he just needs to learn how to
> make popcorn.
>

It's annoying though - if people find other Nintendo emulators to be faster they should just USE THE FASTER EMULATOR!
Duh!
People!

CrapBoardSoftware
My real name is banned dickhead
Reged: 01/03/06
Loc: Wisconsin
Send PM

#236891 - 10/21/10 02:29 AM

I wonder if "they" were mostly Brazilians or other people.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#236908 - 10/21/10 06:43 AM

It seems to me his first mistake was trying to please anyone but himself, and his second mistake was caring what anyone else thought in the first place. It's bad enough doing commercial software development, where you *have* to care and try to please a large enough group of people so you can make some dough. For a free project that you're doing just for fun, the only sane thing to do is listen to people who want to help and support you and filter everyone else right the hell out. It seems like MAMEDev figured this out a long time ago.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: bsnes new [Re: Fever]
#236909 - 10/21/10 07:43 AM

> It's annoying though - if people find other Nintendo emulators to be faster they
> should just USE THE FASTER EMULATOR!
> Duh!
> People!

Mednafen is faster than bsnes then they should use it instead. No lags.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

keshbach1
Reged: 08/26/05
Send PM

Re: bsnes new [Re: Fever]
#236975 - 10/21/10 08:51 PM

> It's annoying though - if people find other Nintendo emulators to be faster they
> should just USE THE FASTER EMULATOR!

True, but it's not worth losing sleep/hair over. Sometimes being in the minority is a hell of a lot funner.

Kevin Eshbach

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: bsnes new [Re: CrapBoardSoftware]
#236976 - 10/21/10 09:10 PM

> I wonder if "they" were mostly Brazilians or other people.

What a stupid thing to say.

Anyway, I doubt it. Past history clearly shows that complaining Brazilians make emulator authors laugh, not quit.

There is a Brazilian game translation scene, but Brazilians are good at being happy with what they have and if it's working for their purposes nobody will use something else, let alone waste time and energy complaining about it.

S

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: bsnes new [Re: DMala]
#236977 - 10/21/10 09:18 PM

> It seems to me his first mistake was trying to please anyone but himself, and his
> second mistake was caring what anyone else thought in the first place.

Yup. As soon as he started concentrating on adding features that people demanded (add-on chips, filters, etc, etc) instead of the great technical work that had been the hallmark of bsnes I knew it was over.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

Re: bsnes new [Re: Sune]
#236978 - 10/21/10 09:27 PM

> Anyway, I doubt it. Past history clearly shows that complaining Brazilians make
> emulator authors laugh, not quit.

Few of them are talented enough to achieve the levels of self-parody that Augusto and Reirom inhabit.

PS: Ozzy is a meteor on the earth. (I'd love to hear a correct translation of that sometime).

Sune
Connected
Send PM

Re: bsnes new [Re: R. Belmont]
#236986 - 10/21/10 10:21 PM

> PS: Ozzy is a meteor on the earth. (I'd love to hear a correct translation of that
> sometime).

Yeah I saw when you mentioned that on the shout box some days ago.

According to google and my Brazilian wife it's not a common saying, maybe he just made it up.
Maybe he meant it in the sense like Ozzy is a star on earth...maybe a meteor is supposed to be a bit more macho than a star? *lol* who knows.
Augusto doesn't make much sense to me even in PMs written in Portuguese.

Maybe he was inspired by this video:

It's a huge country-hit/radio-plague by Luan Santana, "Meteor of Passion", Meteoro da PaixĂŁo.
Yep, besides Samba and Bossa Nova, we have terrible country music.

S

CrapBoardSoftware
Send PM

#236992 - 10/21/10 11:24 PM

> > I wonder if "they" were mostly Brazilians or other people.
>
> What a stupid thing to say.
>
> Anyway, I doubt it. Past history clearly shows that complaining Brazilians make
> emulator authors laugh, not quit.

It is a very reasonable question.

Sune
Connected
Send PM

#236996 - 10/22/10 12:03 AM

> > > I wonder if "they" were mostly Brazilians or other people.
> >
> > What a stupid thing to say.
>
> It is a very reasonable question.

Not until you explain it it isn't.

Firstly the statement "Brazilians or other people" doesn't make sense, other people could be anybody and why group Brazilians with these undefined "other people"?

Secondly you're implying that all Brazilians are retarded and that's offensive.

As someone who seems to travel a lot you should know better.

S

9ofzeven
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/02/05
Loc: Austria
Send PM

#236997 - 10/22/10 12:32 AM

Even the article reads like he is explaining the world to himself, and not to others. I haven't followed byuu's work but he sounds like a nice and intelligent guy. Also, he seems to have thoughts such as the ones presented in The Law of Attraction, mentioning putting his own wishes first and so on.

CrapBoardSoftware
Send PM

#237003 - 10/22/10 03:42 AM

> > > > I wonder if "they" were mostly Brazilians or other people.
> > >
> > > What a stupid thing to say.
> >
> > It is a very reasonable question.
>
> Not until you explain it it isn't.
>
> Firstly the statement "Brazilians or other people" doesn't make sense, other people
> could be anybody and why group Brazilians with these undefined "other people"?

"Brazilians or any other folks that come to mind regarding emulation as a rather more often presented group" ("Japanese" anyone?), i guess it's not detailed enough either.

> Secondly you're implying that all Brazilians are retarded and that's offensive.

They are not exactly the uppermost regarded ones in relation to being emulation-technology-savy and are known to be demanding in a somewhat less technically correct way. At least that are my experiences from the last 10 years "in the scene". If yours are probably not like mine, i'm fully ok with that. You were not even born there (i assume you originally are a Danish born guy), so it should be of lesser concern to you that you are pretending, even if you are living there (and having a Brazilian wife.)

> As someone who seems to travel a lot you should know better.

I respect your opinion. That's all.

Sune
Connected
Send PM

#237007 - 10/22/10 05:12 AM

> > Secondly you're implying that all Brazilians are retarded and that's offensive.
>
> They are not exactly the uppermost regarded ones in relation to being
> emulation-technology-savy and are known to be demanding in a somewhat less
> technically correct way. At least that are my experiences from the last 10 years "in
> the scene".

Unfortunately I can't argue with that.

In turn, if you ask someone in person you'll find that Brazilians are under the general impression that the emulation scene is populated by arrogant assholes.

Brazilians who are into computers generally love retro gaming and emulators though, especially Atari 2600, Megadrive, NES, SNES and arcade games. Even people that aren't into computers love retro gaming. I've fixed many an office or family PC with one or more emulators installed on them.

> If yours are probably not like mine, i'm fully ok with that. You were not
> even born there (i assume you originally are a Danish born guy), so it should be of
> lesser concern to you that you are pretending, even if you are living there (and
> having a Brazilian wife.)

I'm not pretending, just defending...I've been here for 5 years now and I'm starting to understand the huge language- and cultural divide that exist between Brazil and the English speaking world. There is no reason to learn English, there is a superficial curiosity "Isn't it very cold in Denmark?" but most Brazilians are not really concerned with what goes on outside of Brazil. Or in the emulation scene.

S

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Loc: Britland
Send PM

Re: bsnes new [Re: keshbach1]
#237070 - 10/23/10 12:19 AM

> > It's annoying though - if people find other Nintendo emulators to be faster they
> > should just USE THE FASTER EMULATOR!
>
> True, but it's not worth losing sleep/hair over. Sometimes being in the minority is a
> hell of a lot funner.
>

Sorry, in real life I'm tech support in a school and have to deal with the stupidity of people who randomly get paid twice as much as me (ie teachers) sometimes I just have to vent my frustrations!

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

Re: bsnes new [Re: 9ofzeven]
#237071 - 10/23/10 12:56 AM

> Even the article reads like he is explaining the world to himself, and not to others.

That's a very good observation. Byuu's a scary-smart guy, but he's very naive and inexperienced about how people operate, as opposed to what happens 5 microseconds after you poke an APU register.

DaffyDuck
As silly/crazy as possible
Reged: 10/04/06
Send PM

#237074 - 10/23/10 01:18 AM

> The Future of bsnes
>
> I am sad
>
>
> H@P

bsnes is not discontinued. He will just stop releasing binaries (or something). The source code will be updated and freely available (like it is now).

By the way, v071 is out.

For more info read this topic:
http://board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1120&start=0

bsnes v071 All-in-One pack:

bsnes v071.rar (47 MB)
http://www.multiupload.com/DC9DQQMK4S

It includes the official binary/source + all compiled binaries by King Of Chaos (Qt, Phoenix, PGO, non-PGO, 32/64-bit)

Daffy Duck

Sune
Connected
Send PM

Re: bsnes new [Re: DaffyDuck]
#237090 - 10/23/10 05:04 AM

> bsnes v071.rar (47 MB)
> http://www.multiupload.com/DC9DQQMK4S
>
> It includes the official binary/source + all compiled binaries by King Of Chaos (Qt,
> Phoenix, PGO, non-PGO, 32/64-bit)

Boo hiss

Only Windows binaries!

S

DaffyDuck
Send PM

#237109 - 10/23/10 11:03 AM

> > bsnes v071.rar (47 MB)
> > http://www.multiupload.com/DC9DQQMK4S
> >
> > It includes the official binary/source + all compiled binaries by King Of Chaos
> (Qt,
> > Phoenix, PGO, non-PGO, 32/64-bit)
>
> Boo hiss
>
> Only Windows binaries!
>
> S

of course, linux users can compile the source by themselves

bsnes v072 is already out

[edit]

bsnes v072.rar (23.95 MB)
http://www.multiupload.com/8YBC9F1SZ0

Edited by DaffyDuck (10/23/10 10:56 PM)

Daffy Duck

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: bsnes new [Re: R. Belmont]
#238131 - 11/05/10 09:18 PM

> > It seems to me his first mistake was trying to please anyone but himself, and his
> > second mistake was caring what anyone else thought in the first place.
>
> Yup. As soon as he started concentrating on adding features that people demanded
> (add-on chips, filters, etc, etc) instead of the great technical work that had been
> the hallmark of bsnes I knew it was over.

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

- Stiletto

DaffyDuck
Send PM

#243086 - 01/08/11 05:17 PM

> The Future of bsnes
>
> I am sad
>
>
> H@P

bsnes/Qt PGO v073 Windows binary package (includes all three core DLLs) (with OpenGL crash fix + Ver's D3D driver) compiled by King Of Chaos :

bsnes_v073.zip (5.85 MB)
http://www.multiupload.com/X6NAAZQDEZ

bsnes_v073_full.zip (30.56 MB)
http://www.multiupload.com/ICK5FUULO2

Note: It includes the above bsnes/Qt PGO v073 (with OpenGL crash fix + Ver's D3D driver), latest Cheat Code Pack, latest English Translations Pack, filters, GLSL/HLSL shaders

Daffy Duck

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 192 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3503