Pages: 1

URherenow
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Anyone test out the IE9 beta?
#235387 - 10/03/10 04:53 AM

any good?

compared to ie8 please, don't care about firefox.

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Loc: Britland
Send PM

Re: Anyone test out the IE9 beta? new [Re: URherenow]
#235442 - 10/03/10 05:27 PM

> any good?
>
> compared to ie8 please, don't care about firefox.

My college d/led something from MS claiming to be an IE9 beta but it turned out to be a tech demo that just showed how great its GOING to be
don't know if they've changed it to a proper beta now or if he just clicked on the wrong link, though
Apparently the big thing of it is going to be using your computers 3D hardware acceleration a lot more rather than using the procs for everything - sounds good!

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Anyone test out the IE9 beta? new [Re: Fever]
#235532 - 10/04/10 09:04 PM

Running it now on sister's PC, which is also trying Seamonkey.

Not seeing much difference. On Win7... the title bar has no title, but instead is thicker and has back/forward buttons, address bar, tabs, and home/favorites/tools buttons worked into it as well as the typical min/max/close buttons.

I'm only here occasionally (ok, frequently), but I'm not noticing anything special about it. Maybe I should go look at that thing that's supposed to tell me how great it is.

Yes, "he just clicked on the wrong link." The actual thing is on a less obvious link, last I looked.

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Send PM

Re: Anyone test out the IE9 beta? new [Re: TriggerFin]
#235544 - 10/04/10 10:55 PM

> Running it now on sister's PC, which is also trying Seamonkey.
>
> Not seeing much difference. On Win7... the title bar has no title, but instead is
> thicker and has back/forward buttons, address bar, tabs, and home/favorites/tools
> buttons worked into it as well as the typical min/max/close buttons.
>
> I'm only here occasionally (ok, frequently), but I'm not noticing anything special
> about it. Maybe I should go look at that thing that's supposed to tell me how great
> it is.
>
> Yes, "he just clicked on the wrong link." The actual thing is on a less obvious link,
> last I looked.

Hmm he's is lot less smart than he thinks his is, is our Jamie!

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

#235579 - 10/05/10 02:29 AM

> > Running it now on sister's PC, which is also trying Seamonkey.
> >
> > Not seeing much difference. On Win7... the title bar has no title, but instead is
> > thicker and has back/forward buttons, address bar, tabs, and home/favorites/tools
> > buttons worked into it as well as the typical min/max/close buttons.
> >
> > I'm only here occasionally (ok, frequently), but I'm not noticing anything special
> > about it. Maybe I should go look at that thing that's supposed to tell me how great
> > it is.
> >
> > Yes, "he just clicked on the wrong link." The actual thing is on a less obvious
> link,
> > last I looked.
>
> Hmm he's is lot less smart than he thinks his is, is our Jamie!

Nah, it's the site. Though I can't really say anything about a person I've never had any interaction with and have no other information on.

It seems to only be available to Win7, maybe Vista, users. I saw the download link appear while the page was loading, then it vanished. By reloading the page and being quick, I got to the download page, where it tells me I won't be able to install it, but offers me more information.

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

#235585 - 10/05/10 04:23 AM

Might think this would've happened sooner.....

Even better that it would be an optional, automatic thing, where the OS determines whether there's enough resources in the graphics adapter and just uses it, but doesn't if not.

> Apparently the big thing of it is going to be using your computers 3D hardware
> acceleration a lot more rather than using the procs for everything - sounds good!

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

Re: Anyone test out the IE9 beta? new [Re: URherenow]
#235656 - 10/05/10 08:39 PM

Nope, happy with IE 8 on the home PC for the near future. Am trying out the latest FireFox on the Company laptop. And that's only because we're stuck with IE 6 until the suits figure out how to roll out 8 and something I'm doing needs a newish browser.

Actually might load FireFox on the home PC after using it for a couple days. Not too shabby and as I recall there were a couple plugins I always wanted to try.

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Anyone test out the IE9 beta? new [Re: TriggerFin]
#236619 - 10/18/10 03:09 AM

> > > Running it now on sister's PC, which is also trying Seamonkey.
> > >
> > > Not seeing much difference. On Win7... the title bar has no title, but instead is
> > > thicker and has back/forward buttons, address bar, tabs, and home/favorites/tools
> > > buttons worked into it as well as the typical min/max/close buttons.
> > >
> > > I'm only here occasionally (ok, frequently), but I'm not noticing anything
> special
> > > about it. Maybe I should go look at that thing that's supposed to tell me how
> great
> > > it is.
> > >
> > > Yes, "he just clicked on the wrong link." The actual thing is on a less obvious
> > link,
> > > last I looked.
> >
> > Hmm he's is lot less smart than he thinks his is, is our Jamie!
>
> Nah, it's the site. Though I can't really say anything about a person I've never had
> any interaction with and have no other information on.
>
> It seems to only be available to Win7, maybe Vista, users. I saw the download link
> appear while the page was loading, then it vanished. By reloading the page and being
> quick, I got to the download page, where it tells me I won't be able to install it,
> but offers me more information.

Yes, from what I've heard it will not be available to XP users. Someone will probably hack it, though.

- Stiletto

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Send PM

Re: Anyone test out the IE9 beta? new [Re: Stiletto]
#236623 - 10/18/10 03:28 AM

> > > > Running it now on sister's PC, which is also trying Seamonkey.
> > > >
> > > > Not seeing much difference. On Win7... the title bar has no title, but instead
> is
> > > > thicker and has back/forward buttons, address bar, tabs, and
> home/favorites/tools
> > > > buttons worked into it as well as the typical min/max/close buttons.
> > > >
> > > > I'm only here occasionally (ok, frequently), but I'm not noticing anything
> > special
> > > > about it. Maybe I should go look at that thing that's supposed to tell me how
> > great
> > > > it is.
> > > >
> > > > Yes, "he just clicked on the wrong link." The actual thing is on a less obvious
> > > link,
> > > > last I looked.
> > >
> > > Hmm he's is lot less smart than he thinks his is, is our Jamie!
> >
> > Nah, it's the site. Though I can't really say anything about a person I've never
> had
> > any interaction with and have no other information on.
> >
> > It seems to only be available to Win7, maybe Vista, users. I saw the download link
> > appear while the page was loading, then it vanished. By reloading the page and
> being
> > quick, I got to the download page, where it tells me I won't be able to install it,
> > but offers me more information.
>
> Yes, from what I've heard it will not be available to XP users. Someone will probably
> hack it, though.
>
> - Stiletto

Is there finally going to be a spell checker this time? AFAIK just about every other browser has one now!

CrapBoardSoftware
My real name is banned dickhead
Reged: 01/03/06
Loc: Wisconsin
Send PM

says the twin of dullaron :D new [Re: Fever]
#236634 - 10/18/10 06:17 AM

> Is there finally going to be a spell checker this time? AFAIK just about every other
> browser has one now!

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Send PM

wot u sayin? i cun spelz gud! -mt- new [Re: CrapBoardSoftware]
#236711 - 10/18/10 11:25 PM

> > Is there finally going to be a spell checker this time? AFAIK just about every
> other
> > browser has one now!

keshbach1
Reged: 08/26/05
Send PM

#236778 - 10/19/10 08:37 PM

> Is there finally going to be a spell checker this time? AFAIK just about every other
> browser has one now!

Don't know but you could inquiry over at their blog blogs.msdn.com/b/ie.

Kevin Eshbach

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 326 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1970