View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Wolff0873
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/16/10
Send PM

Sound/Video lockup
#233830 - 09/19/10 05:00 AM

Im running windows xp with AMD 1.3 ghz processor 1.5 gigs of ram, ultimarc 3000 AGP video card, SC3000 sound card PCI, MAME 0.37 beta with about 2,300 roms and I'm having problems with playing some games either locking up with sound and video or video will go out or just sound locks and the system will just completly reboot. Any ideas? I have mother board frivers all up to date.

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: Sound/Video lockup new [Re: Wolff0873]
#233907 - 09/19/10 05:41 PM

> Im running windows xp with AMD 1.3 ghz processor 1.5 gigs of ram, ultimarc 3000 AGP
> video card, SC3000 sound card PCI, MAME 0.37 beta with about 2,300 roms and I'm
> having problems with playing some games either locking up with sound and video or
> video will go out or just sound locks and the system will just completly reboot. Any
> ideas? I have mother board frivers all up to date.

That could be any number of things, I'll start with the least likely :-)

Try pulling out the soundcard first and see if it still happens. If the crashes stop, then check the motherboard manual and try to find a page that says which IRQ each PCI slot uses/shares. Place the sound card in a slot that doesn't share an IRQ, and if you can't do that, place it in a slot that shares an IRQ with a device that you can disable in the BIOS.

Or, if the motherboard has on-board sound try using that instead and see if the problem goes away.

Verify that the RAM is good with memtest86

Try a different (stronger) power supply.

Make sure the CPU isn't overheating, check that the cooler is properly seated and blow the dust out of the case and the fans.

S

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

Re: Sound/Video lockup new [Re: Sune]
#234019 - 09/20/10 07:39 PM

> Make sure the CPU isn't overheating, check that the cooler is properly seated and
> blow the dust out of the case and the fans.

Yeah, my sister's laptop shut down when it got extremely hot.

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 40 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3478