Pages: 1

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

So how is everyone doing?
#398754 - 06/27/24 03:57 AM

It's been a minute since I've been free to blabber without consequence. Let's catch up.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: So how is everyone doing? new [Re: italie]
#398755 - 06/27/24 07:01 AM

> It's been a minute since I've been free to blabber without consequence. Let's catch
> up.

Right now:

-- Car battery was dead when I tried to go to work yesterday... wouldn't even jump...wife dropped me off... AAA confirmed battery was done... picked up a new one at Costco today... all good again

-- Day before, power went out in the house... kinda... son smelled a burning smell when it happened... old house, we still have fuses... something got crossed somewhere... took out the main two... I put either one back, the porch light turns on, WTF?... but other stuff not working, except ceilings lights...... fan in one bedroom, turn it on, it goes turbo... unplugged everything in the house... electrician came yesterday while at work, so just my son and daughter home... dude was a dumbass... new electrician today... he was actually good... fusebox was testing strange... reseated a couple things... everything is 120V there... inside... 2-4V in one part of the house... 240V on the other half... we have to clear some stuff in the house for him to come back and thoroughly check, to find what is actually wrong... throwing out the food in the fridge tonight... the freezer might be salvageable

Got more... will come back later for that

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

SecretAgentMan
Loc: Illinois (Central)
Send PM

#398757 - 06/27/24 07:19 AM

> It's been a minute since I've been free to blabber without consequence. Let's catch
> up.

All good here. Just following the current baseball season, riding my bicycle 4-5 times a week and playing old arcade games as usual along with browsing the various emulator sites on a daily basis.

"Go crazy, folks! Go crazy!"

Jack Buck

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: So how is everyone doing? new [Re: SecretAgentMan]
#398758 - 06/27/24 05:36 PM

> Just following the current baseball season,

Amazed that Brewers are still doing well after Counsell left and managing Cubs, while Pirates manager Shelton is mismanaging Pirates as usual. And your team still in there, but not surprised by that.

> playing old arcade games as usual

Heck. I miss doing that, but gotta upgrade to a newer computer. Real life expenses get priority. Thankfully can visit and post via smartphone for time being. Play a couple rounds of Mattel Electronics Football in MAME for me.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

#398759 - 06/27/24 05:54 PM

Out-of-date 2003 Sony Vaio computer stopped working. Then a supposed rodent bit wire connection from underneath residence that enables old DSL modem to Internet connection. Able to use smartphone for time being and stay online as best possible. It’s like everything went to pots at once.

Skin cell carcinomas on arms were making a meal of the arms, but fortunately treated over past couple years. A fair number of razor cuts on the arms in order to excise the stuff. It gives it that more gruff appearance on the arms. Maybe need to start smoking a cigar or two and get an arm tattoo in order to match the arm appearance.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

#398760 - 06/28/24 06:16 AM

>It's been a minute since I've been free to blabber without consequence. Let's catch up.

Ugh. I can only guess some family lawyer wanted to use your banter out of context as a character assassination over custody crap. I wouldn’t wish that kind of shit in my worst enemy. The 99% bad lawyers give the 1% a bad name. Or maybe I’m way off, and it was that you were on the short list to be VP, and you were trying to appeal to a wider voter base. Better luck next election cycle, brother.

Italie for VP!

Welcome back.

SecretAgentMan
Loc: Illinois (Central)
Send PM

Re: So how is everyone doing? new [Re: gregf]
#398761 - 06/28/24 07:47 AM

> > Just following the current baseball season,
>
> Amazed that Brewers are still doing well after Counsell left and managing Cubs,
> while Pirates manager Shelton is mismanaging Pirates as usual. And your team still in
> there, but not surprised by that.
>
>
> > playing old arcade games as usual
>
> Heck. I miss doing that, but gotta upgrade to a newer computer. Real life expenses
> get priority. Thankfully can visit and post via smartphone for time being. Play a
> couple rounds of Mattel Electronics Football in MAME for me.

My computer isn't new by any means but I can still play pretty much any game I want. I still have that Mattel handheld game boxed in a closet but I will give it a go in MAME.

As for the Cardinals, even though they are playing better now I still believe they should just have a fire sale and rebuild. The Cardinals ownership is cheap and don't know what the hell they are doing. I wish they would sell the team to someone that cares about winning.

I wish the Cardinals had Paul Skenes but I hope the Pirates can keep him for years to come.

"Go crazy, folks! Go crazy!"

Jack Buck

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#398767 - 06/29/24 03:38 PM

> up.

I was going to mustard, but that sounds better.

I am a full-fledged orphan going on about 3 years now.

war clog will be my mowing meme, unless I can drown it out with other thoughts. Hopefully they're not too depressing. Knees still knackered (and it makes for a convenient excuse to not mow). Right eye blurring. Stomach is asymmetrical. Probably nothing serious.

LEVEL-4

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: So how is everyone doing? new [Re: SecretAgentMan]
#398781 - 06/30/24 08:54 PM

> I still have that Mattel handheld game boxed in a closet but I will give it a go in MAME.

That was my first Mattel Electronics led game. The other emulated Mattel Electronics led games seem to sound decent. I am not sure about Football since I haven’t seen any video clips yet of the emulated version running in MAME.

> The Cardinals ownership is cheap and don't know what the hell they are doing. I wish they would sell the team
> to someone that cares about winning.

I didn’t know ownership had changed. The only ones I know of with stingy budgets currently are Pirates, Reds, and A’s.

I forgot that the former GM of your team was Walt J. Walt knew how to put together well run teams in the past. He had success with Cards and Reds.

> I wish the Cardinals had Paul Skenes but I hope the Pirates can keep him for years to come.

The way how the owner Bob Nutting runs the Pirates, Skenes will be around for 5 years tops before being sold to Skenes hometown team … the Dodgers. Dodgers and Yankees and maybe Red Sox and Cubs will be only teams that can afford Skenes.

I was surprised with Cards choosing to move on from Matheny as manager a few years ago. I wish Pirates would do same with the hitting coach and field manger (Shelton), but those two and Pirates GM Ben Cherington come together as a bundled package. Can’t replace any without having to replace them all. I have no problem if all get replaced. I can see why Toronto decided to part with Cherington five years earlier.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 143 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 137