MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

joey35car
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/07/07
Loc: Planet Claire
Send PM

Bezels in MAME for software list games
#398638 - 06/10/24 09:55 PM

So this has been bothering me for quite sometime and decided to ask here. So I am using bezels and they work for MAME arcade games. But say I launch Atari 2600 games or another console, computer, etc it goes to the default bezel. I would have to hit tab while in game and then choose video options and scroll down to the game for that bezel. How can I get it to launch the correct bezel for that game. I understand if no bezel it should use the default bezel.

Thanks

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: Bezels in MAME for software list games new [Re: joey35car]
#398639 - 06/10/24 11:25 PM

> So this has been bothering me for quite sometime and decided to ask here. So I am
> using bezels and they work for MAME arcade games. But say I launch Atari 2600 games
> or another console, computer, etc it goes to the default bezel. I would have to hit
> tab while in game and then choose video options and scroll down to the game for that
> bezel. How can I get it to launch the correct bezel for that game. I understand if no
> bezel it should use the default bezel.
>
> Thanks

You mean like... if you are playing Atari 2600, and there are specific bezels for specific cartridges, then if you load a particular cartridge, it loads that bezel?

Today... there isn't an automatic version (unless Vas has updated something that I missed?).

You can add a -view parameter to the commandline, to add the artwork view you want when you load a certain cartridge.

So for example, if there was specific artwork for Pitfall, with the View Name of pitfall, then you would add "-view pitfall" to the end of your normal command to run the game.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

joey35car
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/07/07
Loc: Planet Claire
Send PM

Re: Bezels in MAME for software list games new [Re: Mr. Do]
#398645 - 06/11/24 09:54 AM

Thanks Mr. Do. It works. So my question is if you or anyone else could answer. Is there a way to create a ini for say a2600 and what would be placed in there to have the games boot with the correct artwork instead of the default?

Thanks

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 480 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 112