MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Fabulous Secret [Layout] Powers
#398466 - 05/12/24 08:49 PM Attachment: macmouse.zip 2 KB (14 downloads)

Put attached zip in your artwork folder, renamed to macmouse.zip, then try:

Code:

mame -window -nomouse -override_artwork macmouse macplus sys608

Or maybe an ADB mac?

Code:

mame -window -nomouse -override_artwork macmouse macse sys608

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Send PM

Updated to support different screen resolutions new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#398467 - 05/12/24 10:34 PM Attachment: macmouse.zip 2 KB (6 downloads)

This can be used with maclc, etc.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Very cool! ... couple questions... new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#398468 - 05/13/24 04:44 AM

Just to make sure I'm understanding it right... basically, I now have my mouse available both in the emulated window, and my regular desktop, at the same time, where before, I would have to toggle something to get control of my mouse outside of the emulated window.

So is this generic enough to work on non-Mac systems also? Or would it need to be edited some, for other computer systems with mouse support?

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Send PM

Re: Very cool! ... couple questions... new [Re: Mr. Do]
#398469 - 05/13/24 08:47 AM

It only works for Macs. Normally, mouse integration requires emulating an absolute position pointing device, or a driver running on the emulated system. However, due to the way the Mac ROM and System software keeps a bunch of stuff at well-known locations in low memory, so it’s simple enough to inject the mouse position directly.

If you build the latest source, the Touchmaster, Megatouch and Megatouch XL games, as well as Paint'N Puzzle, have full mouse integration so they can be played with -nomouse -nolightgun using a mouse or touchscreen.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Very cool! ... couple questions... new [Re: Mr. Do]
#398483 - 05/16/24 04:43 PM

> Just to make sure I'm understanding it right... basically, I now have my mouse
> available both in the emulated window, and my regular desktop, at the same time,
> where before, I would have to toggle something to get control of my mouse outside of
> the emulated window.

If you ran MAME to do pointer capture, yes. Otherwise it's just that the emulated mouse pointer isn't in sync with the "real" one. I'm pretty good at dealing with that case, but it's definitely nice to have.

> So is this generic enough to work on non-Mac systems also? Or would it need to be
> edited some, for other computer systems with mouse support?

This is Mac specific, but it will work even on PowerPC machines when we get there, which is nice.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 73 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 300