MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

MAME Fan
Reged: 01/11/24
Send PM

im having trouble using writeblock in mame rm nimbus emulator with rm basic
#397680 - 01/11/24 03:23 PM

when i do this, the image comes up with vertical lines in it. ive tried changing the bit depth of the pcx file and obtaining the pcx files from different sources. i.e paintspa, google, gimp, paint.net (with plugin) and it does the same. ive also tried uncompressed pcx but this wont work either. any ideas?

is there something wrong with this mame rom? i know hdd, save and mouse doesnt work...

Edited by 777 (01/11/24 03:27 PM)

mhoes
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/27/15
Send PM

Re: im having trouble using writeblock in mame rm nimbus emulator with rm basic new [Re: 777]
#397689 - 01/13/24 04:12 PM Attachment: mame-known-problems.jpg 190 KB (0 downloads)

>
> is there something wrong with this mame rom?
> i know hdd, save and mouse doesnt work...
>
When you start the emulation, you should have gotten a warning message in a big box telling you that there are known problems with this system.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: im having trouble using writeblock in mame rm nimbus emulator with rm basic new [Re: 777]
#397920 - 02/06/24 09:45 PM

> when i do this, the image comes up with vertical lines in it. ive tried changing the
> bit depth of the pcx file and obtaining the pcx files from different sources. i.e
> paintspa, google, gimp, paint.net (with plugin) and it does the same. ive also tried
> uncompressed pcx but this wont work either. any ideas?
>
> is there something wrong with this mame rom? i know hdd, save and mouse doesnt
> work...

The driver for that system is just recently getting some work to make it usable after 10+ years of not doing much useful. If you don't know the internals of the system to fix it, just be patient.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 228 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 229