MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Eldio
Resident Evil
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: England
Send PM

Happy New Year Loonies
#397645 - 01/05/24 01:02 AM

I started feeling old when I realised I registered on these forums over 20 years ago.

Here's to the next 20

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Happy New Year Loonies new [Re: Eldio]
#397646 - 01/05/24 05:48 AM

A late Happy New Year over there to you ‘oldie’

>. I started feeling old when I realised I registered on these forums over 20 years ago.

Some of us have probably now caught up age wise to Orc.

> Here's to the next 20

Same there.

I had to look up Heavy Unit info recently and found long ago thread.

https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/mame/kaneko/hvyunit.cpp

Heavy Unit MCU hooked up/working
12/29/10 12:24 A

https://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sh...part=1&vc=1

DU Update: My Unit is Long and Heavy
03/15/11 09:09 PM

We got Heavy Unit U.S.A. Version. It seems pretty rare, I've never seen it before. From the rom labels it seems to have some pretty big changes. Lots of them are labeled differently from current sets in MAME, not just 2 as you might expect. I don't know what all the differences are yet.

I forgot various versions were added over the years.

Smit might drop by and lurk, but posting days are pretty much over imo.

Smit did get in his words in the 2022 thread after MM2 was added.

Marble Madness II / Marble Madness 2 (Atari prototype arcade game) is now playable in MAME

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OapUeEAWrho&t=112s

https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/mame/atari/marblmd2.cpp

All the known Game & Watch stuff completed in 2022 and same with my handheld wants of MB Microvision and 1970s era of Mattel Electronics led games with exception of Armor Battle and Sub Chase because those two titles use a different MCU that is not yet emulated.

There might be other stuff on your wishlist that might have been emulated over past couple years. Visit Haze’s 2023 page on his site.

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Re: Happy New Year Loonies new [Re: gregf]
#397649 - 01/05/24 12:04 PM

> Some of us have probably now caught up age wise to Orc.

What? You're dreaming. In his teens, his mum always made him go outside and take the triceratops for a walk...

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

jopezu
bread-train
Loc: georgia
Send PM

#397652 - 01/05/24 05:39 PM

> I started feeling old when I realised I registered on these forums over 20 years ago.

i know right? roc is probably banging skinny girls these days...

(also, don't forget, some of of were here in 1999/2000 - 2003 was the forum move to the current platform. the great pcpc reset of '03.)

i learned everything i know from KC

jopezu
bread-train
Send PM

#397653 - 01/05/24 05:44 PM

> Marble Madness II / Marble Madness 2 (Atari prototype arcade game) is now playable in
> MAME
>
> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OapUeEAWrho&t=112s

fantastic! didn't know this existed. that looks awesome, but i kinda don't like the anthropomorphism of the marble... i like being soulless sphere when i traverse these mazes.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: Happy New Year Loonies new [Re: jopezu]
#397654 - 01/05/24 06:23 PM

>
> (also, don't forget, some of of were here in 1999/2000 - 2003 was the forum move to
> the current platform. the great pcpc reset of '03.)

Yup... December this year will be 25 years when I first signed up at MAME.net

My youngest son wasn't born until the following month... now he has a Bachelor's Degree (along with the other two, and my wife, who went back to school and graduated with our oldest son).

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

SecretAgentMan
Loc: Illinois (Central)
Send PM

#397656 - 01/05/24 07:06 PM

> I started feeling old when I realised I registered on these forums over 20 years ago.
>
> Here's to the next 20

Happy New Year!! All the old school members need to start posting again. Not a request, it is a requirement.

"Go crazy, folks! Go crazy!"

Jack Buck

jopezu
bread-train
Send PM

Re: Happy New Year Loonies new [Re: SecretAgentMan]
#397657 - 01/05/24 07:32 PM

every other year or so, somebody tries it and it sputters out quickly.

i thought the early years of loony bin bustle were a product of the internet not yet being able to quickly and easily serve interest-specific groups (reddit, etc), but we're on a mame/emulation forum, so that's not the answer. the folks here are already pre-self-selected.

so, they must all just be too old & tired.

fuckers.

it's gonna take fazeo coming back to re-ignite the flame. (or maybe elgondolero). kc coming back is just beyond hope. (wink wink)

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Happy New Year Loonies new [Re: URherenow]
#397664 - 01/06/24 09:46 AM

> In his teens, his mum always made him go outside and take the triceratops for a walk.

I believe it might predate that era by several millennia. Supposedly a full, unopened can of Fosters beer appeared from nowhere just like the black monolith in Stanley Kubrick’s 2001 Space Odyssey opening sequence. Somehow Orc appeared, got the can open, and finished off the beer. Unknown if Orc was a developing mammal, or a four legged animal, or a bug, or maybe some unknown cloud of gaseous vapors. But the entire contents of Fosters beer was consumed likely by Orc. A mystery that will remain for some time.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

#397665 - 01/06/24 09:59 AM

> fantastic! didn't know this existed.

It was the emu soap opera drama topic for over 20 years and thanks to the anonymous contributor back in 2022 for allowing the roms to be available so that the long standing emu drama finally ended in 2022. The quality might come up short in standards compared to Marble Madness, but it still retains some of its gameplay similarity.

> that looks awesome, but i kinda don't like the anthropomorphism of the marble..

There is Marble Man, the alternate variation of the game where the marble is running about on legs and it gives gibberish exclamations of “Radical” during gameplay. I am grateful that MM2 was able to be emulated instead. Marble Man would be a turn off.

RocLobstaAdministrator
Lazy ass admin
Reged: 09/18/03
Loc: SW UK
Send PM

#397682 - 01/11/24 06:52 PM

20 years, insane isnt it. MW has been around for 25 years this year!

www.mameworld.info

RocLobstaAdministrator
Lazy ass admin
Reged: 09/18/03
Loc: SW UK
Send PM

#397683 - 01/11/24 06:53 PM

> i know right? roc is probably banging skinny girls these days...
>
nope

www.mameworld.info

jopezu
bread-train
Send PM

Re: Happy New Year Loonies new [Re: RocLobsta]
#397692 - 01/14/24 10:47 AM

> > i know right? roc is probably banging skinny girls these days...
> >
> nope

lmao. thanks for poking your head in here.

love ya

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Happy New Year Loonies new [Re: RocLobsta]
#397703 - 01/16/24 01:06 PM

> 20 years, insane isnt it. MW has been around for 25 years this year!

Those UK MAME meet photos seem like they were posted no more than 5 years ago. I recall seeing when MW was being rebuilt in winter January and Feb 2001 when the only forum members posting were KC, you, Shifty, and maybe The Dog iirc. I probably did not visit until another 4 months later.

Good thing I did at the time because it was that May 2001 when I visited Colorado to help a family member move to another part of Colorado. It was sometime in June that I messaged Smit on MW about me visiting Cave of the Winds tourist attraction where I had made audio recordings of Kee Games Sprint 2 audio sounds and mailed tape cassette to Smit in which Smit copied the Sprint 2 gameplay audio recordings to a .Wav file format which was used as reference by Derrick Renaud in 2004 in order to code analog audio sounds so Sprint 2 would eventually have audio sounds. And eventually Derrick added further audio sounds support for entire Kee Games Sprint series.

I blame Fazeo back in September / October 2001 on MW because Fazeo was the culprit asking about “ a film reel game with airplanes blowing up on some large film screen “ I knew exactly what Fazeo was asking about, but I didn’t remember the name and had begun a lengthy search until coming across that the film reel games on projection screen were Nintendo coinop games WG and also Skyhawk which was the game Fazeo was trying to remember.

Some of the film reels have surfaced and are being restored by someone. I hope to be able to purchase restored film reel copies of WG reel A along with a restored copy of Skyhawk and hope to make copies to a digital film format that can be supported in some emulator / simulator in the future.

As for time going by, some of the UK fruit machine type coinop games are now fully working such as JPM brand games that are now playable in MAME along with some of the UK region computer systems and specific software used with those various UK region computers. For myself, I am glad that some of the non-cpu coinop games are supported in MAME along with Microvision, Intellivision, and led Mattel electronics handheld games.

SecretAgentMan
Send PM

#397705 - 01/16/24 02:26 PM

> > 20 years, insane isnt it. MW has been around for 25 years this year!

I was a lurker back then and I know some people were probably not happy when I won the X-Arcade giveaway. KC sent me an email and posted it in the Frontpage News that I had won.

That was just over 22 years ago. 01/03/2002

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

#397713 - 01/17/24 11:22 AM

> > > 20 years, insane isnt it. MW has been around for 25 years this year!

> I was a lurker back then and I know some people were probably not happy when I won the X-Arcade giveaway. KC sent me an email and posted it in the Frontpage News that I had won. That was just over 22 years ago. 01/03/2002

Congrats on that. I know I likely missed that announcement since I was also on MAME.net forums a lot more at the time.

I’ll guess one was Fazeo. Him and his Bos Red Sox being beaten in World Series by your Cards a couple times in 20th century until Red Sox beat Cards in World Series in 2013.

The part that I laughed about was when Fazeo was celebrating the NFL New England Patriots first Super Bowl win by placing an enlarged Vince Lombardi trophy image within Fazeo’s sig image whenever Fazeo was posting on MW forums.

Smit mockingly made fun of Faz’s posts with “Aren’t you over doing it with your posts and that trophy!?”

That annoyed Faz and Faz respond with something like :

“ F off. I expected that comment from jop, but from you. You won’t rain on my Patriots parade posts.”

That had me laughing. I miss the days when bickering with Faz and his NHL Boston Bruins or twisty with his NHL M’Leafs whenever they faced Pitt Penguins.

On sports topic with Pitt Steelers season over, back to Penguins and eventually Pirates when MLB season starts in another two months.

As for MLB hof nominations, I am glad Jim Leyland is inducted. Beltran and Vizquel should be in and same with Gary Sheffield. Others also have good numbers, but those three should have been added over past couple years.

SecretAgentMan
Send PM

#397715 - 01/17/24 06:07 PM

> > > > 20 years, insane isnt it. MW has been around for 25 years this year!
>
> > I was a lurker back then and I know some people were probably not happy when I won
> the X-Arcade giveaway. KC sent me an email and posted it in the Frontpage News that I
> had won. That was just over 22 years ago. 01/03/2002
>
> Congrats on that. I know I likely missed that announcement since I was also on
> MAME.net forums a lot more at the time.
>
> I’ll guess one was Fazeo. Him and his Bos Red Sox being beaten in World Series by
> your Cards a couple times in 20th century until Red Sox beat Cards in World Series in
> 2013.
>
>
> The part that I laughed about was when Fazeo was celebrating the NFL New England
> Patriots first Super Bowl win by placing an enlarged Vince Lombardi trophy image
> within Fazeo’s sig image whenever Fazeo was posting on MW forums.
>
> Smit mockingly made fun of Faz’s posts with “Aren’t you over doing it with your
> posts and that trophy!?”
>
> That annoyed Faz and Faz respond with something like :
>
> “ F off. I expected that comment from jop, but from you. You won’t rain on my
> Patriots parade posts.”
>
> That had me laughing. I miss the days when bickering with Faz and his NHL Boston
> Bruins or twisty with his NHL M’Leafs whenever they faced Pitt Penguins.
>
>
> On sports topic with Pitt Steelers season over, back to Penguins and eventually
> Pirates when MLB season starts in another two months.
>
> As for MLB hof nominations, I am glad Jim Leyland is inducted. Beltran and Vizquel
> should be in and same with Gary Sheffield. Others also have good numbers, but those
> three should have been added over past couple years.

Such a long time ago. Shame the others don't really post anymore.

I agree with your HoF comment. Beltran, Shef and Vizquel had the numbers to be inducted into the HoF imo.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

#397718 - 01/18/24 10:23 AM

> Such a long time ago. Shame the others don't really post anymore.

Yep. Had some of the emulated items been emulated long ago such as handheld games, I might have been tempted to argue with one of the hardcore handheld Coleco LED games fan that was one of the first group of LoonyBinners, but I don’t recall who it was. I am a Mattel LED handheld games fanboy myself and preferred them over the Coleco handheld games. It would have been handheld LED games wars aside from the console wars that were going on back then, but those were also classics as well. I enjoyed some of those threads because the original part of the thread ventures off to some other topic after about 50 threads were posted.

I wish I could remember who it was, but so much for that.

> I agree with your HoF comment. Beltran, Shef and Vizquel had the numbers to be inducted into the HoF imo.

Most of those names that Baseball Writers overlook will have to be voted by veterans committee later.
Voting results link to see which names get added.

2024 Official Hall of Fame Ballot. https://www.baseball-reference.com/awards/hof_2024.shtml

The one thing that I follow is keeping tabs of career stats. It is a feature that can be accessed by fans of whatever is their favorite baseball team. It doesn’t have to be Pirates, but can be any MLB team.

https://www.mlb.com/pirates

I go to stats section page and then adjust filter settings to sort through statistics.

For instance, I set search to this such as all time names and then go through various hitting categories.

https://www.mlb.com/pirates/stats/mlb/all-time-totals

Thankfully all of the numbers are brought up instead of just the top 500 or top 1000 which means a user can look to see names of players that had only 1 home run for a career. The one warning to mention is it can take a user one or two hours to have to scroll down the list just to reach the names on any such statistics searches where the players has a hundred or less whatever is being searched.

SecretAgentMan
Send PM

#397736 - 01/20/24 06:34 PM

> > Such a long time ago. Shame the others don't really post anymore.
>
> Yep. Had some of the emulated items been emulated long ago such as handheld games, I
> might have been tempted to argue with one of the hardcore handheld Coleco LED games
> fan that was one of the first group of LoonyBinners, but I don’t recall who it was. I
> am a Mattel LED handheld games fanboy myself and preferred them over the Coleco
> handheld games. It would have been handheld LED games wars aside from the console
> wars that were going on back then, but those were also classics as well. I enjoyed
> some of those threads because the original part of the thread ventures off to some
> other topic after about 50 threads were posted.
>
> I wish I could remember who it was, but so much for that.
>
> > I agree with your HoF comment. Beltran, Shef and Vizquel had the numbers to be
> inducted into the HoF imo.
>
> Most of those names that Baseball Writers overlook will have to be voted by veterans
> committee later.
> Voting results link to see which names get added.
>
> 2024 Official Hall of Fame Ballot.
> https://www.baseball-reference.com/awards/hof_2024.shtml
>
>
> The one thing that I follow is keeping tabs of career stats. It is a feature that
> can be accessed by fans of whatever is their favorite baseball team. It doesn’t have
> to be Pirates, but can be any MLB team.
>
>
> https://www.mlb.com/pirates
>
>
> I go to stats section page and then adjust filter settings to sort through
> statistics.
>
> For instance, I set search to this such as all time names and then go through
> various hitting categories.
>
> https://www.mlb.com/pirates/stats/mlb/all-time-totals
>
>
> Thankfully all of the numbers are brought up instead of just the top 500 or top 1000
> which means a user can look to see names of players that had only 1 home run for a
> career. The one warning to mention is it can take a user one or two hours to have to
> scroll down the list just to reach the names on any such statistics searches where
> the players has a hundred or less whatever is being searched.

..................... Matt Carpenter................ nothing more that I can say about the Cardinals ownership and front office.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

#397737 - 01/21/24 03:51 AM

> Matt Carpenter................ nothing more that I can say about the Cardinals ownership and front office.

Cardinals Sign Matt Carpenter To One-Year Deal. January 19th, 2024

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/01/cardinals-sign-matt-carpenter-to-one-year-deal.html

Carpenter’s baseball career is equivalent to a 20 year old cat that somehow accumulated 14 lives instead of the standard nine lives.

On the more amusing side of things.

Pirates Owner Bob Nutting Aiming For “Contention Throughout The Season”
January 20th, 2024

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/01/p...the-season.html

Nutting has been saying same thing since 2016 after selling off pending Pirates free agents players after their 2013 to 2015 postseason baseball years had ended. Nutting does not fool Pirates fans as much like they used to in the past.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

#397739 - 01/21/24 05:15 AM

> > > > 20 years, insane isnt it. MW has been around for 25 years this year!
>
> > I was a lurker back then and I know some people were probably not happy when I won
> the X-Arcade giveaway. KC sent me an email and posted it in the Frontpage News that I
> had won. That was just over 22 years ago. 01/03/2002
>
> Congrats on that. I know I likely missed that announcement since I was also on
> MAME.net forums a lot more at the time.
>
> I’ll guess one was Fazeo. Him and his Bos Red Sox being beaten in World Series by
> your Cards a couple times in 20th century until Red Sox beat Cards in World Series in
> 2013.
>
>
> The part that I laughed about was when Fazeo was celebrating the NFL New England
> Patriots first Super Bowl win by placing an enlarged Vince Lombardi trophy image
> within Fazeo’s sig image whenever Fazeo was posting on MW forums.
>
> Smit mockingly made fun of Faz’s posts with “Aren’t you over doing it with your
> posts and that trophy!?”
>
> That annoyed Faz and Faz respond with something like :
>
> “ F off. I expected that comment from jop, but from you. You won’t rain on my
> Patriots parade posts.”
>
> That had me laughing. I miss the days when bickering with Faz and his NHL Boston
> Bruins or twisty with his NHL M’Leafs whenever they faced Pitt Penguins.
>
>
> On sports topic with Pitt Steelers season over, back to Penguins and eventually
> Pirates when MLB season starts in another two months.
>
> As for MLB hof nominations, I am glad Jim Leyland is inducted. Beltran and Vizquel
> should be in and same with Gary Sheffield. Others also have good numbers, but those
> three should have been added over past couple years.

Hester should definitely get into the HOF. They changed the rules because of him.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Happy New Year Loonies new [Re: Gor]
#397751 - 01/21/24 10:03 PM

> Hester should definitely get into the HOF. They changed the rules because of him.

*football ref calls offsides penalty*

This week it is upcoming MLB hall of fame selection.

Contemporary Baseball Era Non-Players

2024 BBWAA Ballot

https://www.baseball-reference.com/awards/hof_2024.shtml

As for NFL selection in a few weeks from now…

2024 Pro Football Hall of Fame Ballot

2024 Semifinalists and Finalists

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/hof/2024-ballot.htm

These names are the most likely for this year’s selection.
The senior nominee names list is loaded so it might be only four modern candidates instead of usual five names.

Antonio Gates TE
Torry Holt WR
Andre Johnson WR
Julius Peppers DL
Reggie Wayne WR
Patrick Willis LB

Even Hines Ward and WR Steve Smith didn’t make it to the finals name selection because of the overflow backlog of receivers on past 5 years of NFL Hall candidates.

Punt receiving category will probably be a 10 year wait imo. Raiders Punter legend Ray Guy had to wait over 15 years before finally being selected for HoF .

btw I am impressed with how Packers fared during playoffs. Bears might have a rebuilt Packers team to deal with next season.

I am glad Pittsburgh at least made the playoff game against Bills competitive because I wasn’t really expecting the team to do well in playoffs. I can understand why some Steelers fans wanted coach Tomlin ousted, but Tomlin also did enough changes to keep Steelers going just enough to get back into playoffs. That’s all any sensible Steelers fan can ask for until they find a better QB down the road.

Would Bears like to have QB Mitch Trubiskey returned to them?

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

#397762 - 01/24/24 01:16 AM

> Would Bears like to have QB Mitch Trubiskey returned to them?

No.

kastellorizo
Tehkan World Cup, Seafood, and Minisuka Fanatic
Reged: 12/29/06
Loc: Octopia (just beside the fish and chips shop outside the Atlantis capital)
Send PM

#397764 - 01/24/24 09:57 AM

>
> Such a long time ago. Shame the others don't really post anymore.

Agreed. If Fazeo was here, that would be great. I could also consider popping up more frequently if it happened.
He is dearly missed.

And I am definitely not missing people (active or not) who think it is cool to insult others with no boundaries. They could rot in the Evil Bonze's Hell for eternity (oh the allegory!).

The good sparkling old days are irreversibly gone, but interestingly, the forum in the years AF (after Fazeo) had become a lot less insulting. Perhaps it has been realised that life is so much better when there is no negative energy sent.

Like Fazeo was rightfully preaching, life is supposed to be funky!

Moreover, members like Greg and you have also managed to keep the forum in a fine state those decades.

But I cannot complain myself, as I joined other creative forums.

And maybe one day I will publish the (huge amount of) work I was putting for MAME Epic (it was supposed to be part 2 of the trilogy I was preparing for the MAME Story). It is incomplete, and I cannot remember any more how to finish it (also my time is limited with things that I love). That way, at least the people who cared about the forum could get some idea of what they missed because of those who did not.

In any case, Happy New Year to those who never insult and will be back again next year (provided I remember!)

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

#397766 - 01/24/24 11:25 AM

> > Would Bears like to have QB Mitch Trubiskey returned to them?

> No.

Not surprised there because even Mason Rudolph outperformed Mitch and Kenny Pickett although I still put more blame towards former Steelers offensive coordinator Matt Canada’s playbook schemes. Steelers committed to a multi year signing when signing Pickett 3 seasons ago. It would be maybe ideal if Mason is willing to return next season to Steelers, but Mason most likely gets signed by another team. Steelers will draft another mid round selection QB and sign a different free agent NFL QB since most likely Mason will sign with a different team.

For MLB Hof names being recent additions :

https://www.baseball-reference.com/awards/hof_2024.shtml#all_hof_BBWAA

https://bbwaa.com/24-hof/

Adrián Beltré, Joe Mauer, Todd Helton Elected To Baseball Hall Of Fame

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/01/a...ll-of-fame.html

I can understand why the writers association chose to not vote for Sheffield, but I hope veterans committee adds Sheffield when veterans committee votes a couple years from now.

As for NFL selection, when that happens during Super Bowl weekend, the names I listed are most likely odds on favorites. Hester has way too many future incoming nominees to compete against. I already see a six to seven wait at this time.

2024 Pro Football Hall of Fame Ballot

2024 Semifinalists and Finalists

These names are the most likely for this year’s selection. The senior nominee names list is loaded so it might be only four modern candidates instead of usual five names.

Antonio Gates TE
Torry Holt WR
Andre Johnson WR
Julius Peppers DL
Reggie Wayne WR
Patrick Willis LB

—-

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Happy New Year Loonies new [Re: kastellorizo]
#397767 - 01/24/24 11:55 AM

> Like Fazeo was rightfully preaching, life is supposed to be funky!

Fazeo was more like the antagonist poster here, but in a good way as long as no one put down his Boston franchise teams. Hard to avoid the sports rivalries since his favorite teams were in same divisions.

> Moreover, members like Greg and you have also managed to keep the forum in a fine state those decades.

I like to keep tabs in case any more non-cpu games surface, but if anything it was Roc, KC, Smit, twisty, elgo, jop, Faz, Mr Do, italie, Orc, Pi, Fever, Eldio, angera, SAM and many of us others that watch the old arguments and other entertaining threads over the many years.

As for emulation topics, you probably already know Atari MM2 was emulated in 2022. And then of course your Sega Borderline with its analog audio sounds emulated. Haze did make progress with SNK Neogeo 64 emulation so many of those games are just about playable.

And for unfortunate side, no new bootlegs of your Tehkan World Cup turning up….so that particular bootleg version with unique play capability, is still missing. Seibu Cup Soccer hardware protection is still yet to be challenged.

For this year, a couple more laser disc games are playable once the laser disc capture images CHD data become available down the road.

> In any case, Happy New Year to those who never insult and will be back again next year (provided I remember!)

Or unless you get taken in by members of Minisuka Police.

* Clips a Minisuka Police poster on to back of Pete’s shirt as Pete departs unaware of poster hanging from his back. *

kastellorizo
Tehkan World Cup, Seafood, and Minisuka Fanatic
Reged: 12/29/06
Loc: Octopia (just beside the fish and chips shop outside the Atlantis capital)
Send PM

#397768 - 01/25/24 02:32 AM

>
> * Clips a Minisuka Police poster on to back of Pete’s shirt as Pete departs unaware
> of poster hanging from his back. *

Oh dear... that could become really tricky if I look into a mirror which is opposite another mirror!

And then I shall mumble:

Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the sweatiest of them all?

LOLOLOLOL

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

#397778 - 01/26/24 10:42 AM

>> * Clips a Minisuka Police poster on to back of Pete’s shirt as Pete departs unaware
> > of poster hanging from his back. *

> Oh dear... that could become really tricky if I look into a mirror which is opposite another mirror!

> And then I shall mumble: Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the sweatiest of them all? LOLOLOLOL

But….let’s face it…..I say you will be willing to trade them all in and anything Minisuka Police related just to get that oh so absolutely must have version of Tehkan World Cup that has that specific unique gameplay feature that you so desperately want as a must-have added as another entry for emulation in MAME. You can’t fool the older era LoonyBinners there mister. We know your game. So do the octopus. They know your plan as well.

jopezu
bread-train
Send PM

#397811 - 01/31/24 08:27 PM

> Perhaps it has been realised that life is so much better when there is no negative energy sent.

or maybe because the user base is now 20 years older

but yes, we were definitely caustic & rowdy. iirc, the only time it got really out of hand is when certain... er, legal boundaries were being pushed.

jopezu
bread-train
Send PM

#397812 - 01/31/24 08:31 PM

> I like to keep tabs in case any more non-cpu games surface, but if anything it was
> Roc, KC, Smit, twisty, elgo, jop, Faz, Mr Do, italie, Orc, Pi, Fever, Eldio, angera,
> SAM and many of us others that watch the old arguments and other entertaining threads
> over the many years.

we gonna just pretend like snake78's sex tape didn't hold the place together through the middle years?

amused
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/24/08
Send PM

Year of the dragon new [Re: Eldio]
#397929 - 02/10/24 07:36 AM Attachment: new-year-dragon.png 893 KB (0 downloads)

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Year of the dragon - Cheers new [Re: amused]
#397944 - 02/13/24 05:29 AM

n/t

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

#397945 - 02/13/24 05:47 AM

Now that the NFL 2023 season is over.

These were my guesses.

Antonio Gates TE
Torry Holt WR
Andre Johnson WR
Julius Peppers DL
Reggie Wayne WR
Patrick Willis LB

The selections were almost as I guessed for modern era candidates, but Hester at this time was a surprise.

I was guessing maybe another 5 years of waiting before being selected. I was expecting one of the other receivers be selected besides Andre Johnson. As for names from senior list, I am glad both McMichael and Gradishar being added while both are still living. Art Powell would have been a bonus had he been alive, but I believe he is gone so another year or two won’t make a difference, but Powell should be in too.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/hof/

o/t.: Steelers front office finally ridding of Trubisky and punter Harvin from the team is a start to improving. Harvin’s punts distances were just barely over 30 yards.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 120 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 490