View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

tommc714
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/11/22
Send PM

Required files
#397618 - 01/01/24 11:11 PM

I've got a full set of roms for MAME .251. I am currently running them on a Windows PC, but I've got a couple of questions regarding the Raspberry Pi. So, my questions.

1) The roms are the same whether for a Raspberry Pi or Windows, correct?

2) Can you run Golden Tee Fore and NFL Blitz on a Raspberry Pi 4b?

3) If NO to #2, can you run Golden Tee Fore and NFL Blitz on a Raspberry Pi 5

MOST IMPORTANTLY

4) I want to install the Golden Tee Fore series. What all do I need for these to run? As I said, I've got the full Rom Set for .251, so I need to know what files from that set I need to copy to the Pi to get GT Fore to run.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Required files new [Re: tommc714]
#397620 - 01/02/24 04:05 AM

> 1) The roms are the same whether for a Raspberry Pi or Windows, correct?

Yes

> 2) Can you run Golden Tee Fore and NFL Blitz on a Raspberry Pi 4b?

No

> 3) If NO to #2, can you run Golden Tee Fore and NFL Blitz on a Raspberry Pi 5

No

> 4) I want to install the Golden Tee Fore series. What all do I need for these to run?

A reasonably recent refurbished system sporting an i5 should do it. A Dell Optiplex of some variety that can run GT Fore and NFL Blitz would run you only roughly a hundred bucks, not too much more than a high-end Pi.

Both Golden Tee Fore and NFL Blitz only hit full speed on PCs due to MAME having a CPU core used by those games (as well as a number of others) which translates the game's CPU instructions into either x86 or x64 assembly instructions. Such facilities aren't currently present in MAME for the ARM architecture, which is what the Raspberry Pi uses. There's no way in hell those games are going to run full-speed on a Pi no matter what you do. At current rates, you probably wouldn't even hit full speed on a hypotetical Raspberry Pi 8, either.

tommc714
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/11/22
Send PM

Re: Required files new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#397621 - 01/02/24 04:11 AM

Ok, I was 99% sure about the 4b, and unsure about the 5 (I didn't want to buy one if it wouldn't run GT Fore).

Now with that all said, out of the full Rom Set for .251, what files do I need to copy to my new ROM folder if I just want to get GT Fore 2004 running?

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

#397622 - 01/02/24 04:59 AM

> Ok, I was 99% sure about the 4b, and unsure about the 5 (I didn't want to buy one if
> it wouldn't run GT Fore).
>
> Now with that all said, out of the full Rom Set for .251, what files do I need to
> copy to my new ROM folder if I just want to get GT Fore 2004 running?

just do mame romname -listroms on the command prompt

S

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

#397623 - 01/02/24 05:55 AM

Sune is correct, but here are links to provide examples in showing what goes on with one of the folders and its ROMs arrangements as a brief tutorial.

The source file folder in which ROM files are referenced specifically for particular IT brand games that use this specific type of PCB hardware.

https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/mame/itech/iteagle.cpp

> what files do I need to copy to my ROM folder if I just want to get GT Fore 2004 running?

iteagle is the BIOS ROM that is used with GT Fore games. It must be in same folder in order to run any of the GT Fore games.

https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/e48...teagle.cpp#L715

GAME( 2000, iteagle, 0, iteagle, iteagle, iteagle_state, empty_init, ROT0, "Incredible Technologies", "Eagle BIOS", MACHINE_IS_BIOS_ROOT )

After the file iteagle.zip is in the folder, any of the GT Fore should also be copied to the same folder such as gtfore01.zip and any of the other files that begin with gtfore**.zip

The first version of the Golden Tee Fore series.

https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/e48...teagle.cpp#L718

GAME( 2000, gtfore01, iteagle, gtfore01, iteagle, iteagle_state, empty_init, ROT0, "Incredible Technologies", "Golden Tee Fore! (v1.00.25)", MACHINE_SUPPORTS_SAVE )

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
2 registered and 504 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 273