Hello
Looking for nvram of bloody roar 2 and fighting layer to unlock characters
Also if anyone knows if those characters can unlock by
Speeding up the mame

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: Looking for nvram of bloody roar 2 and fighting layer to unlock characters new [Re: Nikos22]
#397520 - 12/07/23 07:11 AM Attachment: fgtlayer_fgtlayerj_NVRAM.zip 1 KB (4 downloads)

> Hello
> Looking for nvram of bloody roar 2 and fighting layer to unlock characters
> Also if anyone knows if those characters can unlock by
> Speeding up the mame

Here is Fighting Layer. I used MAME cheats and then wrote to the NVRAM in order for them to be permanent.

With Bloody Roar 2 is different. There is a cheat code to unlock them, but there's no way to write it. I can't find the requirements needed (uptime playing/machine runnning, vs match counters, times game was completed, etc.) to unlock them. You can speed up MAME, but you can't let the attract mode run because emulation locks up on the FMV. I would recomend using cheats to have player 1 at infinite health and leave the game running for 20 minutes before it freezes on the FMV part. Even the ranking initial section fills up alone when time runs out. For normal gameplay and versus matches I edited 2P infinite energy cheat like this to have 1P always winning without me needing to input anything else:

Code:

<cheat desc="P2 Infinite Energy">
<script state="run">
<action>maincpu.pb@1F800290=96</action>
</script>
</cheat>

You could keep doing it for a month or so and see if the game unlocks anything. It looks like a timer unlock, but there are not traces anywhere about when it unlocks unless you debug the program yourself. Good luck.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Send PM

Arcade Fighting Games NVRAM.zip mirror new [Re: BIOS-D]
#397521 - 12/07/23 07:28 AM Attachment: Arcade Fighting Games NVRAM.zip 6 KB (2 downloads)

While we are at it. I think I better backup this file here from this reddit post before it dissapears from the face of the earth, just like previous unlock saves years ago. The files should work with modern MAME versions, you just have to rename the files properly.

Quote:

Here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V0bEEFdERhynJ69FAtd4ayb4JwEHwzoG/view

It contains the NVRAM file with every character unlocked for the following games:

Dead or Alive ++

Rival Schools

Star Gladiator 2

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

SoulCalibur

Tekken 3

Tekken Tag Tournament

Street Fighter Alpha 3

Kikaioh [Tech Romancer (J)]

Street Fighter EX

Street Fighter EX 2

And a bonus: the save files for Marvel vs Capcom 2 (not for MAME, but works with Demul/NAOMI emulator)

mfm005
Reged: 09/27/03
Loc: FRANCE
Send PM

Re: Looking for nvram of bloody roar 2 and fighting layer to unlock characters new [Re: BIOS-D]
#397525 - 12/10/23 02:48 AM

http://www.mamecheat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27266#p27266

Edited by mfm005 (12/10/23 02:48 AM)

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Send PM

Thank you! Here is Bloody Roar 2 and clones -nt- new [Re: mfm005]
#397537 - 12/13/23 09:29 PM Attachment: bldyror2_bldyror2a_bldyror2j_bldyror2u_NVRAM.zip 2 KB (2 downloads)

> http://www.mamecheat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27266#p27266

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 292 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 274