View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

80sArcader
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/03/23
Send PM

CMPRO and Delta CHDs
#397337 - 11/03/23 05:05 PM

Hi all ! I've been testing out the preview CMP with delta CHD support and have an issue.

I setup a small test with just the 'sf2049te' folder in it. CMP scanned everything correctly and presented me with the menu option "Non-delta chd...Convertable via...". I chose the option to create the delta, the command prompt appears and everything looks correct and it's processing.

When done, I get "An error occurred..." message in the window and obviously no delta. If I run the command manually in the command prompt, no errors and a delta CHD is created.

Is there any way to see more details about the error that CMP detected ?

If I copy the non-delta chd messages from the result window and paste them into Notepad++, I can quickly convert this :

Non-delta chd: '\sf2049te\sf2049tea.chd '. Convertable via '\sf2049te\sf2049te.chd'

into this :

chdman.exe copy -i sf2049tea.chd -op sf2049te.chd -o sf2049tea-delta.chd

and run it manually without any issue.

Roman
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

Re: CMPRO and Delta CHDs new [Re: 80sArcader]
#397338 - 11/03/23 05:14 PM

First of all, this is not the cmpro forum.

- if the processing is visible, then chdman should be in place and the paths seems to be ok....should take a while, so not a flickering cli window.
- after processing, cmpro renames files and backup files (to your cmpro setup backup path)

Sounds like during rename/copying to backup something fails, so check the paths if they exist and if something is placed there.

if you only see a quickly disappearing console window, then chdman is not in your %PATH% environment...by the way your paths look a bit weird, I don't see a driver letter or valid network path...so...did you remove them before posting, if not, ensure you're using absolute rompaths.

Edited by Roman (11/03/23 05:39 PM)

John IV
IV/Play, MAME, MAMEUI
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Washington, USA
Send PM

#397340 - 11/03/23 07:39 PM

FYI, if you want to engage Roman directly here is the cmpro forum:
https://www.emulab.it/forum/index.php?board=6.0

john iv
http://www.mameui.info/

80sArcader
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: CMPRO and Delta CHDs new [Re: Roman]
#397342 - 11/03/23 07:50 PM

Thanks. I will double-check that all my paths are setup correctly.

I did attempt to make account on your site; however, I was unable to read the letters in your captcha (many, many attempts) due to poor vision. I am also have difficulty in hearing so that option was difficult as well. That is why I came here and posted.

80sArcader
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: CMPRO and Delta CHDs new [Re: Roman]
#397344 - 11/04/23 01:14 AM

I started with a completely new CMP, nothing carried over from my previous install and only my test CHD folder added (currently with 2 folders). New scans, new INIs, etc.

All the paths are present. All settings are correct. After running 'Convert selected to delta' on the sf2049te folder, the delta sf2049tea.chd was correctly created; however, the error was still shown (and no backups were copied to the backup folder).

Also, why is this listed when scanning the area51 folder - "Non-delta chd: '...\area51\area51.chd '. Convertable via '...\area51\area51.chd'" ? area51.chd is listed twice in the command and running the delta command on it produces a tiny, corrupt CHD.

Finally, a minor issue, there is an extra space inside the first set of single ticks, e.g. Non-delta chd: '...\area51\area51.chd ' <-- extra space after chd.

Roman
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

#397347 - 11/04/23 07:23 PM

You might want to give the latest version (4.048c) a try which gives a bit more details if renaming or backup etc failed.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 274 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 198