Pages: 1

Strigo
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/24/23
Send PM

Mayflash joystick to simulate wheel / keyboard
#397257 - 10/24/23 12:49 PM

Hi there.
I recently played Virtua Racing on mame0259b_64bit, and while using the keyboard, one can actually simulate wheel movement pretty decently by tweaking paddle sensitivity settings in tab -> input settings -> Analog input adjustments.
However, if I use an eight way joystick (Mayflash fight stick), all those nice analog settings that worked for the keyboard are simply ignored, and every X/Y axis input always hit the extremes (-65536 and +65536), which is not a problem in itself, but they don't simulate the same desirable keyboard behavior. (constant steady increments/decrements) I tweaked the config parameters for both Virtual Racing and mame (deadzone, saturation, ...) but had no effect whatsoever. Is it possible to make X/Y input of an eight way joystick to behave like a normal keyboard? (using same sensitivity and thus simulate a wheel more accurately)
Thanks in advance.

AJR Hacker
MAME Developer
Reged: 02/01/16
Send PM

Re: Mayflash joystick to simulate wheel / keyboard new [Re: Strigo]
#397264 - 10/25/23 02:40 AM

If "constant steady increments/decrements" are what you want here, go into the "Input Assignments (this system)" menu and remap the "Paddle Analog Inc" and "Paddle Analog Dec" controls, and delete the "Paddle Analog" mapping.

Strigo
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/24/23
Send PM

Re: Mayflash joystick to simulate wheel / keyboard new [Re: AJR Hacker]
#397281 - 10/26/23 10:24 AM

It worked! It's not that intuitive which settings override which. Removing the joystick axis reference did the trick. Thanks a lot!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 240 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 260