MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Osman/Cannon Dancer coming to consoles...
#395533 - 01/14/23 10:08 AM

Switch, PS4 & PS5.

https://www.nintendolife.com/features/ar...f-cannon-dancer

LEVEL-4

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Soon™ new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#395964 - 04/11/23 08:40 AM

I wonder if they'll fix the music... By "fix" I mean remake the tunes to be in stereo. The original seems to play at a low bit-rate anyway.

Also, apparently there were some missing or unfinished stages (along with music for said missing stages). I wonder if they'll be added? Or maybe accessed via some in-game secret?

The price they're wanting for it seems a bit high for a "retro game". But when you've got the only way to obtain it legally without the board/machine I guess you can (almost) ask whatever you want for it.

And of course there'll be bonus material. I'm just curious about how much 'bonus' will be related to gameplay.

LEVEL-4

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: Soon™ new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#395966 - 04/11/23 12:50 PM

> I wonder if they'll fix the music... By "fix" I mean remake the tunes to be in
> stereo. The original seems to play at a low bit-rate anyway.
>
> Also, apparently there were some missing or unfinished stages (along with music for
> said missing stages). I wonder if they'll be added? Or maybe accessed via some
> in-game secret?
>
> The price they're wanting for it seems a bit high for a "retro game". But when you've
> got the only way to obtain it legally without the board/machine I guess you can
> (almost) ask whatever you want for it.
>
> And of course there'll be bonus material. I'm just curious about how much 'bonus'
> will be related to gameplay.

It's available now, I've seen plenty of people showing off their physical copies on Twitter etc.

AFAIK there are no gameplay changes. (I have a copy ordered, but it's tied to another game)

The price might seem a bit high, but in reality, had it actually come out for the Saturn or Dreamcast back in the day (it really should have!) you would have been paying the same, and probably much more for a used copy of it today.

It's a solid arcade experience, and I actually prefer it over Strider. It might be short compared to modern games (it's an arcade game...) but it absolutely deserves it's own release rather than being buried in a bundle.

From the day I helped to emulate it I was hoping it would get a home port eventually, so I'm glad to see it finally did.

Would be nice to see some other Mitchell games, such as the recently emulated Gamshara get the same treatment, because again it really should have seen a port back in the day.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Still seems too pricey for what you get... new [Re: Haze]
#396004 - 04/14/23 04:40 PM

I could swear I had an easier time with this when I played it in MAME. But I don't know what the dipswitches were set to in either "version". Or maybe I was better at hoarding the Special Attacks.

If paying that price gives game companies more of a hint to release more old arcade games then I guess I'll consider it an investment. I guess I'll have to work with it and consider it a memorization game of what to do when/where like when I'd 1-credit Shadow Dancer on the hardest difficulty with almost all 'No Shuriken' bonuses (only had to use Magic in at least 2 spots).

LEVEL-4

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 421 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 272