MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Classic80sGMR
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/13/20
Send PM

88 Games buttons backwards on skeet shooting?
#395264 - 12/03/22 04:33 PM

My son and I love playing the track and field games so I have a dedicated controller with run - jump - run buttons. For all games this works perfectly except the skeet shooting event in 88 Gmes on Mame. I don’t think it is a global button mapping issue because all other events and setting your name is perfect. For skeet shooting the buttons map as right - left - fire. I can’t imagine this is correct (but maybe?). I tried to find video on-line of a real machine but did not find anything. Also looked for any other threads on this subject and did not find anything. Any thoughts?

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: 88 Games buttons backwards on skeet shooting? new [Re: Classic80sGMR]
#395265 - 12/03/22 08:21 PM

> My son and I love playing the track and field games so I have a dedicated controller
> with run - jump - run buttons. For all games this works perfectly except the skeet
> shooting event in 88 Gmes on Mame. I don’t think it is a global button mapping issue
> because all other events and setting your name is perfect. For skeet shooting the
> buttons map as right - left - fire. I can’t imagine this is correct (but maybe?). I
> tried to find video on-line of a real machine but did not find anything. Also looked
> for any other threads on this subject and did not find anything. Any thoughts?

There's no chance at all MAME could be providing swapped inputs for a single event in the game. This will be how it was.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: 88 Games buttons backwards on skeet shooting? new [Re: Classic80sGMR]
#395266 - 12/03/22 08:54 PM

Considering how name entry works in '88 Games, I think what MAME calls button 1 is on the right, button 2 is in the middle, and button 3 is on the left. That game just expects the buttons to be arranged differently on the control panel. You could reassign the buttons for that game.

hap
Reged: 12/01/08
Send PM

Re: 88 Games buttons backwards on skeet shooting? new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#395267 - 12/03/22 09:45 PM

Nah, MAME has it correct.

There's a spanish manual, it says the buttons are(left middle right):
run jump run
shoot left right (for the skeet shooting game)
It matches with MAME button 1,2,3.

so, he just has his 2 run buttons the wrong way around.

Classic80sGMR
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/13/20
Send PM

Re: 88 Games buttons backwards on skeet shooting? new [Re: hap]
#395268 - 12/04/22 01:07 AM

Following shoot left right as 1,2,3 did correct skeet shooting. It makes the name selection ‘feel’ backwards. I do agree Mame is probably correct just that Konami made some weird choices compared to other games in the genera. Thanks for the feedback.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 260 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 248