MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Send PM

Is it possible to use a mute keyboard (Launchkey ) on synths in mame?
#394753 - 09/03/22 05:42 PM

Just discovered now about the synths in mame, great work team btw, and was wondering if plugging in my usb mute keyboard (Launchkey 37) would be able to assign the keys from mame to the realy keys in the mute keyboard. By default is not recognized in mame at all, and if i enable multiple keyboard on the properties of one of the working synths, not only is not recognized but doesn't even recognize my pc keyboard, so i reverted it the way it was.

is it even possible to do what i am trying to do, or these kind of devices are not recognized outisde DAW programs and the likes?

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Is it possible to use a mute keyboard (Launchkey ) on synths in mame? new [Re: Solstar]
#394754 - 09/03/22 07:02 PM

You can route MIDI into MAME - that’s usually the best way to exercise the synths.

Solstar
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Is it possible to use a mute keyboard (Launchkey ) on synths in mame? new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#394755 - 09/03/22 08:19 PM

> You can route MIDI into MAME - that’s usually the best way to exercise the synths.

Thanks for the reply, I never did that, could you explain me, if you want, how to do it?

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Is it possible to use a mute keyboard (Launchkey ) on synths in mame? new [Re: Solstar]
#394757 - 09/03/22 10:08 PM

> > You can route MIDI into MAME - that’s usually the best way to exercise the synths.
>
> Thanks for the reply, I never did that, could you explain me, if you want, how to do
> it?

It’s pretty easy:

• mame -listmidi # list host MIDI devices MAME supports
  • mame -listmedia # see the system’s MIDI ports
  • mame -midiin "" # run the system with MIDI routed in

Something like: mame cmi2x -middiin1 "IAC Bus 1"

You’ll obviously need to change it for the system you want to run and the MIDI device you want to use.

Solstar
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Is it possible to use a mute keyboard (Launchkey ) on synths in mame? new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#394778 - 09/11/22 04:59 PM

ok tried it today, and i got my device (lkmk3) listed in.

problem is, no matter which one i try (the one you suggested cmix2 or ctk601) it complains about missing files. If i start mame.exe (without the command line) i can run cmix2 and ctk601 perfectly fine with no issues whatsoever.

https://imgur.com/gallery/m4bF4O2

Edit, actually from command line NOTHING starts, tried mame pacman, and nothign starts. Ran mame.exe with the interface etc and all games there works fine, i have only one folder with the roms, how come the command line cannot see those?

edit 2: put mame.ini from mamui64 folder to the mame.exe folder, now it starts, but still doesn't start with the MIDIIN2 which should be the one mame detects, it says "unknown option". using midiin1 works, but of course once i am in the keyboard is not recognized.

am i doing something wrong with the command syntax here?

https://imgur.com/a/WpFGl3V

Solstar
MAME Fan
Send PM

#394943 - 10/09/22 06:52 PM

> > > You can route MIDI into MAME - that’s usually the best way to exercise the
> synths.
> >
> > Thanks for the reply, I never did that, could you explain me, if you want, how to
> do
> > it?
>
> It’s pretty easy:
>
>
> mame -listmidi # list host MIDI devices MAME supports
> mame -listmedia # see the system’s MIDI ports
> mame -midiin "" # run the system with MIDI routed in
>
>
> Something like: mame cmi2x -middiin1 "IAC Bus 1"
>
> You’ll obviously need to change it for the system you want to run and the MIDI device
> you want to use.

I downloaded an app called MIDI2KEY, that assign my keyboard to any keys on the keyboard. I assigned the forst 5 notes to asdfghj keys, and works on my notepad and also on mame main menu. but once i am in, it still doesn't see the keys i am pressing, even by choosing multiple keyboards. how come?

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 169 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 287