MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Sociopathos
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/26/18
Send PM

Massive tearing at Sonic Wings 2 with Mame 245
#394590 - 08/05/22 04:28 PM

Even with vsync on, Sonic Wings 2 has tearing on upper side of the screen, the flickering is all over the place. Couldnt find any info about it on Mametesters. Can anyone confirm if this is original Mvs behavior?

John IV
IV/Play, MAME, MAMEUI
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Washington, USA
Send PM

Re: Massive tearing at Sonic Wings 2 with Mame 245 new [Re: Sociopathos]
#394600 - 08/05/22 09:19 PM

I see some tearing and overlaps in the upper right w/ a Freesync monitor running at its 59.185606 Hz rate at top of Github.

john iv
http://www.mameui.info/

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: Massive tearing at Sonic Wings 2 with Mame 245 new [Re: Sociopathos]
#394601 - 08/05/22 09:44 PM

> Even with vsync on, Sonic Wings 2 has tearing on upper side of the screen, the
> flickering is all over the place. Couldnt find any info about it on Mametesters. Can
> anyone confirm if this is original Mvs behavior?

Only thing I saw on the demo mode the graphics flickering bad where the shooting hitting at. There is some missing flickering areas. Does the same thing when I have the HLSL on. So I don't know why it doing that.

I can't find a video of the Neo-Geo cabinet with this game.

I did found a video of a game play. The issue is the same as what MAME is doing. I guess this is normal behavior then. Unless it is worst than what the video is showing. I can't tell.

ACA NeoGeo: Aero Fighters 2 Gameplay | Switch PS4 XboxOne

Anyway the flickering just bad. SNK could've done it better.

Capcom 1941 have better flickering graphics.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 279 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 314