MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SpiteFFM
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/11/22
Send PM

No music in Gunfight since update
#394414 - 07/11/22 01:39 PM

I recently upgraded my Arcade machine from Mame .220 to .245. It appeared to have gone nicely and clrmamepro states that I do not lack any roms.
Now a couple of days later I recognize that I lack the "music" in Gunfight (from Midway 1975). The shots are still audible, but the music that plays (I think whenever someone is shot) is absent. I learned that Gunfight is among those games that were transferred to using Netlist around .224 release. It appears that something did not work as intended on my end. I have no idea what I should check here. Romset is complete.

As Gunfight is the first game with music, it would be great to have it. Other games might have issues too, but I did not stumble upon anything else.

Any help/ideas are welcome.

AJR Hacker
MAME Developer
Reged: 02/01/16
Send PM

Re: No music in Gunfight since update new [Re: SpiteFFM]
#394415 - 07/11/22 03:17 PM

The manuals for Gun Fight have no suggestion that this game had any music; only discrete "shot" and "hit" sounds for each side are mentioned. Perhaps it has been confused with similar Midway games such as Boot Hill that did have music.

SpiteFFM
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/11/22
Send PM

Re: No music in Gunfight since update new [Re: AJR Hacker]
#394417 - 07/11/22 04:28 PM

Thank you. I did a little research. Prior to .221 of Mame Gunfight simply used the audio from Boot Hill as I learned now. Boot Hill had music. They fixed this and now Gunfight sounds just like it should - without any music.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks again for your help pointing me in the right direction.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 263 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 263