MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

paultup
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/08/04
Send PM

.244 samples
#394073 - 05/25/22 04:19 PM

It appears that MAME .244 now has a new set of samples for fruit machines - does anyone know where those can be found?

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: .244 samples new [Re: paultup]
#394077 - 05/25/22 07:30 PM

> It appears that MAME .244 now has a new set of samples for fruit machines - does
> anyone know where those can be found?

You need to supply your own samples to taste. Think of it like outputs that can be displayed external artwork. MAME provides the signals, it’s up to you to provide artwork that uses them. This is the same except for sounds.

Nightvoice
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/19/10
Loc: The Room Next To You
Send PM

Re: .244 samples new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#394078 - 05/25/22 08:18 PM

Is this unique to this game? Or could I use my own samples for wildfire? How would I know what to name them?

----------------------
I have officially retired from sucking at everything I do. Life is much easier now.

My MAME/MESS artwork files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ABxeKgNIrKlIsyck7dx4V241NFQDWAF4
Related screen shots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U5IbvbVzYW97PuOOQuocvZFE_YJz7WIn

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: .244 samples new [Re: Nightvoice]
#394089 - 05/26/22 04:54 AM

> Is this unique to this game? Or could I use my own samples for wildfire? How would I
> know what to name them?

The samples in this case aren’t for sound output – they’re for mechanical parts of the machine. You can use your own samples for game – MAME doesn’t check the content, it just checks that WAV/FLAC files with the expected names are present.

As usual, you can get hints about what MAME expects from command-line verbs:

Code:

$ mame -listsamples j_ews
Samples required for driver "j_ews".
payout
meter

You can also check the -listxml output to see what common sample set it might look in (in this case it’s fruitsamples).

paultup
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/08/04
Send PM

Re: .244 samples new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#394095 - 05/26/22 02:16 PM

Thank you for the explanation - didn't realize these were for the actual mechanical samples. I've added my own - thanks!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
2 registered and 318 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 335