MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

sirscotty
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/28/04
Send PM

2XL emulation?
#393618 - 03/30/22 12:12 AM

Since MAME is all about preservation, and there are all kinds of crazy things from calculators, handheld LCD games, table top games etc... What about 2XL? I can not imagine it being difficult, as all you are emulating is an 8-track tape or cassette in the later version. The entire library of both formats are out there, so converting them to CHD would be simple. There already is a java emulator of said systems, but the web page could vanish later today, and would be lost. MAME is already taking up thousands of terabytes of our hard drives already, what is a few more?

https://www.2xlbot.com/

http://www.2xlrobot.com/

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

Re: 2XL emulation? new [Re: sirscotty]
#393620 - 03/30/22 05:01 AM

Heh I remember that thing. I think it was a fairly clever use of the 8track format. Not sure this much to emulate there. It was basically a 8track player in a fancy case.

sirscotty
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/28/04
Send PM

Re: 2XL emulation? new [Re: lharms]
#393623 - 03/30/22 07:24 PM

> Heh I remember that thing. I think it was a fairly clever use of the 8track format.
> Not sure this much to emulate there. It was basically a 8track player in a fancy
> case.

Correct. Would love to see it preserved. As I mentioned, there is a web page that has an online emulator, with all the tape cartridges, but it could disappear at any time.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

#393628 - 03/31/22 08:17 AM

> > Heh I remember that thing. I think it was a fairly clever use of the 8track format.
> > Not sure this much to emulate there. It was basically a 8track player in a fancy
> > case.
>
> Correct. Would love to see it preserved. As I mentioned, there is a web page that has
> an online emulator, with all the tape cartridges, but it could disappear at any time.

It has all English language tapes you mean. This toy along with Fabulous Fred (Gakken Game Robot 9 now emulated in MAME) were popular toys on other countries other than the U.S. I remember plenty of Spanish tapes and they are not there.

Dreamstate
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/27/17
Send PM

#393634 - 03/31/22 07:21 PM

Had It when I was a kid. Thanks for the links. I'll give em a go.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 129 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 449