MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

ikariwths
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/27/22
Send PM

MAME and CHD
#393430 - 02/28/22 08:26 AM

Good morning everyone, I have downloaded the full set 0.240 non merged for mame, I can also download the chd which however I see that they are 500+giga.Are they different games? Does it make sense to download all these files?More I ask because I see that chd is for merged full sets while I have non merged.

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: MAME and CHD new [Re: ikariwths]
#393439 - 03/01/22 02:22 AM

> Good morning everyone, I have downloaded the full set 0.240 non merged for mame, I
> can also download the chd which however I see that they are 500+giga.Are they
> different games? Does it make sense to download all these files?More I ask because I
> see that chd is for merged full sets while I have non merged.

CHDs are basically compressed CD/DVD ISOs and hard disk images. Without them, stuff like Killer Instinct won't run (arcade KI used a hard drive in combination with ROMs, the Taito G-Net arcade platform was basically a tweaked PlayStation 1 with arcade games on CDs etc.)

Expect the CHD set to increase exponentially when the developers start filling out the console software lists as it will eventually contain the entire PlayStation 1 library, clones and all. Add to that Sega's MegaCD, Saturn and Dreamcast, and the possibility of MAME one day breaking the year 2000 barrier with the PS2, Xbox, GameCube, Wii etc. (tens of thousands of multi-gigabyte DVDs, what's not to love?)

uman
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/15/12
Send PM

Re: MAME and CHD new [Re: Heihachi_73]
#393440 - 03/01/22 02:37 AM

> Expect the CHD set to increase exponentially when the developers start filling out
> the console software lists as it will eventually contain the entire PlayStation 1
> library, clones and all. Add to that Sega's MegaCD, Saturn and Dreamcast, and the
> possibility of MAME one day breaking the year 2000 barrier with the PS2, Xbox,
> GameCube, Wii etc. (tens of thousands of multi-gigabyte DVDs, what's not to love?)

Yeah, wait for that and find a place that will share this.... good Luck. I am already playing.

mhoes
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/27/15
Send PM

Re: MAME and CHD new [Re: uman]
#393442 - 03/01/22 02:30 PM

> > Expect the CHD set to increase exponentially when the developers start filling out
> > the console software lists as it will eventually contain the entire PlayStation 1
> > library, clones and all. Add to that Sega's MegaCD, Saturn and Dreamcast, and the
> > possibility of MAME one day breaking the year 2000 barrier with the PS2, Xbox,
> > GameCube, Wii etc. (tens of thousands of multi-gigabyte DVDs, what's not to love?)
>
> Yeah, wait for that and find a place that will share this.... good Luck. I am already
> playing.

You bought a second hand PlayStation 1, MegaCD, Saturn and Dreamcast, and all the games that go along with them ?

uman
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/15/12
Send PM

Re: MAME and CHD new [Re: mhoes]
#393445 - 03/01/22 10:18 PM

> You bought a second hand PlayStation 1, MegaCD, Saturn and Dreamcast, and all the
> games that go along with them ?

PS1+PSIO = can play all games on original hardware + i dont abuse the cd drive.
Dreamcast modded, can play nearly all images.
Xbox modded with 2TB hdd and about 1000 games.
NES+SNES+Everdrives = can play all games
Mega CD modded.
Saturn modded.

Emulation only if nothing else is possible or to expensive or simply have not enough my interest.

Also you play every single game on every system from a full MAME set?

Edited by uman (03/01/22 10:20 PM)

Jason
Regular
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: PA
Send PM

#393446 - 03/01/22 10:28 PM

Hey pal, you are the one that said this:

Yeah, wait for that and find a place that will share this.... good Luck. I am already playing.

Dude, whatever you are smoking, please ... puff puff pass

mhoes
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/27/15
Send PM

#393447 - 03/02/22 12:14 AM

> > You bought a second hand PlayStation 1, MegaCD, Saturn and Dreamcast, and all the
> > games that go along with them ?
>
> PS1+PSIO = can play all games on original hardware + i dont abuse the cd drive.
> Dreamcast modded, can play nearly all images.
> Xbox modded with 2TB hdd and about 1000 games.
> NES+SNES+Everdrives = can play all games
> Mega CD modded.
> Saturn modded.
>
> Emulation only if nothing else is possible or to expensive or simply have not enough
> my interest.
>
> Also you play every single game on every system from a full MAME set?

Say, while on the subject: do you happen to know what the current emoji/emoticon is for 'sarcasm' ? I seem to need the thing on a regular basis, but just can't seem to find it. Someone suggested it is the 'eggplant/aubergine', but that doesn't sound right.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 165 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 589