Pages: 1

Peewee
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/18/21
Send PM

Not to go further?
#393306 - 02/15/22 04:40 AM

Hi guys,

How are things? I hope you are all well. Pls, I don't understand why MAME programmers don't allow to SELECTIVELY ACTIVATE certain improvements, such as reductions in read and access times of optical and floppy drives of consoles and microcomputers. As an OPTIONAL complement to the much needed fidelity and accuracy in emulation. For example an FPGA device allows optional enhancements to be added and is welcomed by the community. Many users modify their original consoles to improve them. It is not understood.

I would appreciate any clarification.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Olivier Galibert
Semi-Lurker
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

Re: Not to go further? new [Re: Peewee]
#393307 - 02/15/22 09:21 AM

Send PR and we'll see how cleanly it integrates with the whole program. Perhaps with the new taps it's something that can be handled from lua plugins. Let us know.

Peewee
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/18/21
Send PM

Re: Not to go further? new [Re: Olivier Galibert]
#393308 - 02/15/22 10:27 AM

Thanks a lot for your reply. I don't know. I just asked why to satisfy my personal interest.

What is the main reason?

mhoes
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/27/15
Send PM

#393309 - 02/15/22 02:29 PM

> Hi guys,
>
> How are things? I hope you are all well. Pls, I don't understand why MAME programmers
> don't allow to SELECTIVELY ACTIVATE certain improvements, such as reductions in read
> and access times of optical and floppy drives of consoles and microcomputers. As an
> OPTIONAL complement to the much needed fidelity and accuracy in emulation. For
> example an FPGA device allows optional enhancements to be added and is welcomed by
> the community. Many users modify their original consoles to improve them. It is not
> understood.
>
> I would appreciate any clarification.
>
> THANKS IN ADVANCE.

You just asked the exact same question with the exact same post with the exact same words over on mamedev.org [1], so I'll give you the exact same response here, that you got there:

TL;DR

That is not the way it originally worked.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a MAME Dev.

[1]
https://forum.mamedev.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=794

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

#393324 - 02/16/22 05:50 PM

> How are things? I hope you are all well. Pls, I don't understand why MAME programmers
> don't allow to SELECTIVELY ACTIVATE certain improvements, such as reductions in read
> and access times of optical and floppy drives of consoles and microcomputers.

You know that there's a fast forward/unthrottle key right? It'll run the emulation as fast as your CPU allows.

S

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 143 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 468