MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

First time seeing this Sea Wolf version. The Next Mission. In HD widescreen.
#392220 - 10/20/21 10:12 AM

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

agard
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/04/13
Send PM

Re: First time seeing this Sea Wolf version. The Next Mission. In HD widescreen. new [Re: Dullaron]
#392229 - 10/21/21 12:52 AM

It's very nice what they have done.

I watched an earlier episode & at 13mins 30secs they make a point that the cabinet is NOT MAME & don't see the reason they have to say it but I would like to sse an identical machine next to it running MAME with same game & controls & screen & find out how many could tell if it's MAME or the original pcb inside though.

I'd love it to be actually running MAME. pmsl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwOMGcet1y0&ab_channel=TNTAmusementsInc

Moochieone
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/25/19
Loc: Virginia
Send PM

Re: First time seeing this Sea Wolf version. The Next Mission. In HD widescreen. new [Re: Dullaron]
#392230 - 10/21/21 01:04 AM

Several years ago, my wife and I made a visit to DisneyQuest just before it closed, and they had this version of Sea Wolf. The wife played it for a very long time. It was quite fun and addictive.

uman
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/15/12
Send PM

Re: First time seeing this Sea Wolf version. The Next Mission. In HD widescreen. new [Re: agard]
#392231 - 10/21/21 11:25 AM

> It's very nice what they have done.
>
> I watched an earlier episode & at 13mins 30secs they make a point that the cabinet is
> NOT MAME & don't see the reason they have to say it but I would like to sse an
> identical machine next to it running MAME with same game & controls & screen & find
> out how many could tell if it's MAME or the original pcb inside though.
>
> I'd love it to be actually running MAME. pmsl
>
MAME is not everything. It is half the fun at most, without the controller and everything around the screen. As long as it is not possible to have accurate MAME emulation AND a 3D artwork system that supports Occulus and similar hardware, I will always prefer the original, if it is a machine like this one. Sadly, I am pretty sure I will not see this in my lifetime.

Edited by uman (10/21/21 11:35 AM)

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: First time seeing this Sea Wolf version. The Next Mission. In HD widescreen. new [Re: uman]
#392233 - 10/22/21 02:18 PM

> MAME is not everything. It is half the fun at most, without the controller and
> everything around the screen. As long as it is not possible to have accurate MAME
> emulation AND a 3D artwork system that supports Occulus and similar hardware, I will
> always prefer the original, if it is a machine like this one. Sadly, I am pretty sure
> I will not see this in my lifetime.

Weird that you hate MAME so much but can't stop posting on MAMEWorld. Maybe you should change that.

I sincerely hope that some day someone finds out what you do as a hobby - if anything at all, since it seems like your only hobby is pissing and moaning about how much MAME sucks - and spends years, intransingently bitching at you about how what you do for fucking free doesn't live up to some wild-eyed expectations of what actual companies spend millions of dollars trying (and failing) to do. Fuck you.

uman
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/15/12
Send PM

Re: First time seeing this Sea Wolf version. The Next Mission. In HD widescreen. new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#392243 - 10/23/21 03:51 PM

> Weird that you hate MAME so much but can't stop posting on MAMEWorld. Maybe you
> should change that.
>

I am not hating MAME and I do not know how you come to that conclusion. Maybe you tried to tell me, that I could post something positive instead (I hope that at least).

> I sincerely hope that some day someone finds out what you do as a hobby - if anything
> at all, since it seems like your only hobby is pissing and moaning about how much
> MAME sucks - and spends years, intransingently bitching at you about how what you do
> for fucking free doesn't live up to some wild-eyed expectations of what actual
> companies spend millions of dollars trying (and failing) to do. Fuck you.

My other hobbies are making music, watching „making of“ movies and playing games (no matter if it is MAME, retro consoles or actual PC titles). For sure it is not my hobby moaning about how much MAME sucks, if I think about it I can even say, I actually never did that. If something sucks on MAME, then only some parts of it, which is ok, because there is not much in the world that can be called perfect. If something sucks, then it is some decisions that you devs made in the past and on some i have said my opinion, maybe it is that, what make you think I only would bitching about MAME. I learned that the only way to talk about such „decisions“ would be to contribute to the problem or to stfu. Wishes for the future or opinions what could be a great feature are treated the same way and this on a forum mainly made for users. This is the real sadness.
Maybe you should read my above post again and tell me, why you are right with everything you said about me.
To be honest, I do not completely understand your last sentence, but virtual pinball with Occulus and similar does exist, even on a PS4. I know that MAME is not pinball, but there is absolutely nothing wrong or bitching, if I have my opinion that I will not see anything like this in my lifetime with MAME. Machines like this one here, are only half the fun at most with MAME, it will miss all the nice gimmicks. If you have a different opinion, post it, but do not tell me Fuck you, ok?

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: First time seeing this Sea Wolf version. The Next Mission. In HD widescreen. new [Re: agard]
#392262 - 10/24/21 09:10 PM

> I watched an earlier episode & at 13mins 30secs they make a point that the cabinet is NOT MAME & don't see >the reason they have to say it

It is to let viewers know that the game isn’t emulated and might as well buy the cab while possible before it becomes impossible to find a fully working cab in another couple years. Some of the Konami Bemania coinop cabs such as Drum Mania are becoming hard to find these days and those were readily around from
2000 to 2011.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: First time seeing this Sea Wolf version. The Next Mission. In HD widescreen. new [Re: Moochieone]
#392264 - 10/24/21 09:23 PM

> and they had this version of Sea Wolf.

When Midway had released Sea Wolf in mid 1970s, there might have been a line of players waiting to play
the game since it was popular at the time. The waiting lines weren’t as ridiculous compared to lines for games such as Dragons Lair or Atari’s vector monitor game of Star Wars.

After Colin Howell had emulated audio for a couple of the Midway games in 2020, I was hoping Sea Wolf might
have been looked at, but not the case. Colin did a great job on the Midway games that he had worked on.

TrevEB
Brokering peace between the collectors and the Mame Community
Reged: 03/11/05
Loc: Oakland, CA
Send PM

Re: First time seeing this Sea Wolf version. The Next Mission. In HD widescreen. new [Re: uman]
#392316 - 10/28/21 08:39 AM

Its been a few years but there was a Seawolf next mission in The Fun Dungeon at Excalibur in Vegas. Truly the best part is the elevator ride down to the arcade.
“you have arrived at…. The Fun Dungeon”

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 366 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 783