MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Imajica
Arcade nut
Reged: 03/22/06
Send PM

Looking for a game
#391814 - 09/06/21 09:59 AM

Hi,
In the 80's i played an arcade game and i know it is in Mame but i cannot remember the name.
You had to drive a little car in a maze and you were followed by other cars. In order to stop them you had to let out smoke out of your exhaust. That was basically it But it was lots of fun. Does anyone remember which game this was ?

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Looking for a game new [Re: Imajica]
#391815 - 09/06/21 10:05 AM

> Hi,
> In the 80's i played an arcade game and i know it is in Mame but i cannot remember
> the name.
> You had to drive a little car in a maze and you were followed by other cars. In order
> to stop them you had to let out smoke out of your exhaust. That was basically it But
> it was lots of fun. Does anyone remember which game this was ?

Rally X, by Namco. There's also New Rally X, from the same company.

There was also effectively a bootleg version for Commodore machines called Radar Rat Race.

Imajica
Arcade nut
Send PM

Re: Looking for a game new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#391816 - 09/06/21 10:34 AM

> > Hi,
> > In the 80's i played an arcade game and i know it is in Mame but i cannot remember
> > the name.
> > You had to drive a little car in a maze and you were followed by other cars. In
> order
> > to stop them you had to let out smoke out of your exhaust. That was basically it
> But
> > it was lots of fun. Does anyone remember which game this was ?
>
> Rally X, by Namco. There's also New Rally X, from the same company.
>
> There was also effectively a bootleg version for Commodore machines called Radar Rat
> Race.

That's the one ! Thanks ! However, when i load the rom into Mame 0.235 i get an error which says that a lot of rx.1 files are missing. How is that possible ?

taz-nz
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/26/07
Send PM

#391817 - 09/06/21 11:10 AM

Quote:

That's the one ! Thanks ! However, when i load the rom into Mame 0.235 i get an error which says that a lot of rx.1 files are missing. How is that possible ?

All versions of Rally X work fine on MAME 0.235, missing files means your missing the ROM file or you have the wrong version of ROM set.

If all else fails, Burn the manual.

Imajica
Arcade nut
Send PM

Re: Looking for a game new [Re: taz-nz]
#391818 - 09/06/21 12:15 PM

> That's the one ! Thanks ! However, when i load the rom into Mame 0.235 i get an error
> which says that a lot of rx.1 files are missing. How is that possible ?
>
> All versions of Rally X work fine on MAME 0.235, missing files means your missing the
> ROM file or you have the wrong version of ROM set.

I see. Or the wrong version of Mame. I haven't played Mame in a long time. My ROMS are from 2002, so i was using an older version of Mame at the time, 0.6 i believe.

So older ROM files do not work on newer Mame versions ?

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

#391820 - 09/06/21 12:27 PM

> That's the one ! Thanks ! However, when i load the rom into Mame 0.235 i get an error
> which says that a lot of rx.1 files are missing. How is that possible ?

You will need https://github.com/mamedev/mame/releases/download/mame0235/mame0235lx.zip

and

clrmamepro because MAME doesn't have a rebuilding tool. https://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/#downloads

Also here is a guide on how to use it. https://mame.3feetunder.com/clrmamepro-quick-start-guide/

As for ROMS and CHDS. Just google what you looking for. We can't help you here.

For Windows only.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

#391821 - 09/06/21 12:51 PM

> > That's the one ! Thanks ! However, when i load the rom into Mame 0.235 i get an
> error
> > which says that a lot of rx.1 files are missing. How is that possible ?
> >
> > All versions of Rally X work fine on MAME 0.235, missing files means your missing
> the
> > ROM file or you have the wrong version of ROM set.
>
> I see. Or the wrong version of Mame. I haven't played Mame in a long time. My ROMS
> are from 2002, so i was using an older version of Mame at the time, 0.6 i believe.
>
> So older ROM files do not work on newer Mame versions ?

If the dumps are found to have been incomplete or bad, they won't work in a newer version no.

(using an older version of MAME to match the ROMs is the wrong solution, the ROMs requirements will have changed for good reason)

Imajica
Arcade nut
Send PM

Re: Looking for a game new [Re: Dullaron]
#391822 - 09/06/21 01:08 PM

Thanks ! That helped me further.

Imajica
Arcade nut
Send PM

Re: Looking for a game new [Re: Haze]
#391823 - 09/06/21 01:09 PM

Understood, thanks !

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 280 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 441