MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Legendary Weapons
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/01/21
Send PM

How to emulate Xbox controllers for Steam on an arcade cabinet
#391226 - 07/05/21 07:38 AM

I'm building my first arcade-style cabinet and am aiming to play Steam games using arcade controls. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a solution where I can control games easily in Steam.

My thought is to remap my controllers to 4 xbox controller emulators. Ideally I want something where I don't have to remap buttons for each game, but will instead always treat it like an Xbox controller. So the solution doesn't have to be my direction below. If you have a diff solution that gets the same results, I'm all for it!

I have been messing with x360ce, UCR, etc, but my main problem is that they ONLY see the keyboard OR the joystick. I need to combine them both for each joystick.

In Steam Big Picture mode I have tried to go to Controller Settings where I can see the Ultrastiks, but again, I can't add button presses. They will only recognize stick movement. Likewise I can see some of the test controllers I make, but they are either ONLY the joystick or ONLY the key presses. in x360ce I can only use the keyboard once, and not at the same time as a joystick even though I can add both profiles to one controller.

my setup: x4 Ultramarc Ultrastiks with 2 IPAC Ultimate boards driving them - Win 10 PC. The IPAC's remap the buttons to keyboard presses, all of them map to 1 keyboard.

Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated!

olliesale82
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/01/22
Send PM

Re: How to emulate Xbox controllers for Steam on an arcade cabinet new [Re: Legendary Weapons]
#392896 - 01/01/22 05:24 PM

A recent beta update for Steam has added new features for gamers using Xbox controllers. One of the more interesting additions is for Xbox Elite controller users, who can now use Valve's software to bind the accessory's rear paddles in controller configurations.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 43 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 593