View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Hads
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/20/21
Send PM

Mame crtlr file is always missing
#390128 - 03/04/21 03:53 PM

Ive downloaded mame several times and the crtlr file is never in its folder or anywhere and cintrols aways have to be reset so to get the crtlr folder from the beginning do i have to change a file from read only for it to write and stick and show up in the cfg or ctlrl folders?

Hads
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/20/21
Send PM

Re: Mame crtlr file is always missing new [Re: Hads]
#390307 - 03/14/21 02:17 AM

Trying for an answer still as the problem of having to reprogram everytime is starts is a pain , ive tried installing it as admin and still nothing

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: Mame crtlr file is always missing new [Re: Hads]
#391023 - 06/07/21 01:07 AM Attachment: Traffic Control.jpg 828 KB (0 downloads)

> Trying for an answer still as the problem of having to reprogram everytime is starts
> is a pain , ive tried installing it as admin and still nothing

This kind of question belongs in the EmuChat forum. Configuring or setting up a ctrlr.ini for your input devices is not "Programming".
Asking about this in the Programming forum is like calling air traffic control at Kennedy Airport asking when you're clear to fly a toy drone in your backyard to take photos of your house.

If you post in the appropriate forum your're more likely to get attention from people who can help you.

That said, If your personalized ctrlr.ini isn't working at all it's probably not formatted correctly.
There is no possible scenario that I can come up with where you would need to run or "install" MAME as admin in order for it to load a ctrlr.ini configuration file.

It's best practice to install and run emulators anywhere else but the "Program Files" folders. Also avoid the root of your system drive,i.e. C:\MAME.
Unless you have a second hard drive away from Windows where you can do as you please (which is also best practice) use your username's documents folder. This way you never have to worry about running anything as admin or not.

I get the impression that you're not aware that you're supposed to make your ctrlr.ini files yourself "manually", outside of MAME, following the provided examples.
Anything that you change through the TAB key menu while MAME is running goes in default.cfg or [gamename].cfg, not a ctrlr.ini file, those are read-only.

S

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Programming
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Pi 
0 registered and 114 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 570