MAMEWorld >> Programming
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Hads
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/20/21
Send PM

Starting mame with -v parameters
#390102 - 03/01/21 02:03 PM

I have my lightgun all setup and working but lags like a mouse so i need to copy the clctr folder to assign the lightgun its own device but im not good at command prompt so how do i go about finding this info

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Starting mame with -v parameters new [Re: Hads]
#390103 - 03/01/21 02:25 PM

> I have my lightgun all setup and working but lags like a mouse so i need to copy the
> clctr folder to assign the lightgun its own device but im not good at command prompt
> so how do i go about finding this info

You're not good at forum, either. Don't repeatedly post the same question in multiple threads.

Hads
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/20/21
Send PM

Re: Starting mame with -v parameters new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#390120 - 03/03/21 04:54 AM

Sorry when i posted the first time io didnt think it went through but instead of being an ass you could help

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: Welcome to the MAMEWorld forums. new [Re: Hads]
#391022 - 06/06/21 10:54 PM Attachment: Uranium Chicken.jpg 129 KB (0 downloads)

> Sorry when i posted the first time io didnt think it went through but instead of
> being an ass you could help

Basic command prompt use and configuring input devices is not "Programming".
Asking about this in the programming forum is like asking a nuclear engineer about your mid-century uranium glass kitchenware collection.

Most people don't like having to guess too much when helping someone out and then what happens is that the most jaded of us usually resort to jokes or insults.
I know I'm certainly guilty of that. For several decades by now, so I have some practice.

Ask your question in the right place and make it a better question because it's not clear what exactly your problem is.

For example, here is a perfectly valid answer to your question, which probably isn't going to be very useful to you:

To run MAME in verbose mode start a command prompt, navigate to your mame folder and enter mame -v

And here's a better question (keep in mind that I don't even know if this is actually what you're asking) which you should be asking on the EmuChat board, not in here:

Hi, I'm new here and I'm having trouble configuring my lightguns.
I read somewhere that I need to run MAME with the -v parameter but I have no idea how to use the Command Prompt.
Can someone help me with this or point me in the right direction? Thanks.

-S

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Programming
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Pi 
0 registered and 120 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 571