MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

"A Critical Hit!" - WILD GUNMAN '74: The Forgotten First FMV Game
#389981 - 02/22/21 09:57 PM

And now, a late Christmas / early birthday present for gregf, a new video about Wild Gunman (1974) on YouTube!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bXGEVVeqJAQ

- Stiletto

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

Re: "A Critical Hit!" - WILD GUNMAN '74: The Forgotten First FMV Game new [Re: Stiletto]
#389984 - 02/22/21 11:33 PM Attachment: tenor.gif 367 KB (0 downloads)

Wow. Excellent find. You deserve a tall glass of sarsaparilla for sharing that, hombre!

p.s., my birthday's coming up in five months.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: "A Critical Hit!" - WILD GUNMAN '74: The Forgotten First FMV Game new [Re: Stiletto]
#389986 - 02/22/21 11:48 PM

>And now, a late Christmas / early birthday present for gregf, a new video about Wild Gunman
>(1974) on YouTube!

Thanks with this find.

Major applauds for that research effort by the creators of the clip and having to go around and find the various resources to assemble the clip presentation. I'll need to watch it again because the narration involving the Sega name I didn't quite catch a sentence or two of what was being presented. It sounded like Sega built and shipped the cabs to the N. American market instead of Nintendo. If so, at first I would have disagreed, but when thinking about it that Nintendo wasn't an established market name in N. America region, I can see why Sega might have some involvement since they were an established presence then.

If some code project were to be able to do something similar like MAME or DICE and simulate the mechanics of the pcbs, and then external physics such as sensor mechanisms in order to have a particular film clip not displayed while other is displayed maybe doable. Both film projection units were running the different film reels at same time, but depending on sequence only one of the two would be visible while a shutter would be closed in front of the other film reel so it would not be visible.

Shooting Trainer might have better odds of being possible to simulate since there is less complexity involved.

https://youtu.be/bXGEVVeqJAQ?t=233

I missed paying attention to this part in the clip where one of the comments mentions movie name that the game can be watched as it was in working state.

I wasn't familiar with the movie "Gas". If I had seen that movie in 1981, I would have fallen out of the movie theater seat in disbelief watching that. I wonder who was able to find references of that and literally have to buy a VHS print of the movie. I wonder if this will be good enough to be a new entry on MASH's movie page. ;-)

Edited by gregf (02/24/21 02:29 AM)

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: "A Critical Hit!" - WILD GUNMAN '74: The Forgotten First FMV Game new [Re: Andrew]
#389992 - 02/23/21 07:39 AM

>Wow. Excellent find. You deserve a tall glass of sarsaparilla for sharing that, hombre!

I second that. It impresses the heck out of me that one of the staff was able to track down any images of a cab from a bad, forgettable 1980s era movie in which can only be found on VHS tapes these days. Good thing I am not a movie review critic or I would be giving the movie a rating thumbs up review simply because of a coinop game is the only thing that holds the movie together.

>p.s., my birthday's coming up in five months

Barracuda and also Robbie and company gave an early present with Ms Pac Twin for next release. Those items surpass getting a sweater for a birthday gift.

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Re: "A Critical Hit!" - WILD GUNMAN '74: The Forgotten First FMV Game new [Re: gregf]
#389993 - 02/23/21 09:31 AM

you speak of VHS as if it were a myth or a rare mystical creature of ages long past...

I still have a VHS recorder/player and some tapes to go with it. Pink Floyd the Wall is one of 'em

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: "A Critical Hit!" - WILD GUNMAN '74: The Forgotten First FMV Game new [Re: URherenow]
#389995 - 02/23/21 11:46 AM

>you speak of VHS as if it were a myth or a rare mystical creature of ages long past...

With Blockbuster being gone, and places such as Tower Records no longer around either, it probably took some extra effort to track down a forgettable movie such as Gas. There are specialty outfits that sell legitimate production DVD discs of made for tv movies that were an industry standard up to 1990s before cable came along and all of the made for tv switched to cable companies instead. I was able to find some movies for sale from some online outfit that one of my relatives was in as child actor back in 1970s. He was able to get Peter Graves "Underground Man" (a made for tv special) and another I forget the name.

Maybe the odd irony is the minor publicity that Gas is temporarily getting because of mention of a Nintendo WG cab might get the movie a slim long shot odds chance of getting a disc release issue.

I envision Frank Bonner's tv character WKRP's salesman Herb Tarlek with sales pitch

"Purchase our movie Gas. The only film that includes a WG cab in operation being shown in the film."

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 100 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 631